You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: The X-FILES Thread

Axlin16 wrote:

You guys are the only ones I know of that haven't absolutely loved the return of this show.

Wow

But yeah Atari is right on one thing. The real show ended with that mid-Season 6 two-parter where they killed off the syndicate. The show was never the same. A true retconner would see that 2-parter as the real series finale.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: The X-FILES Thread

PaSnow wrote:

I know I'm late to this, but for some reason I held off on watching the finale.  Partially, I had plans that night & just never got around to watching it, kept pushing it off.  Also tho, being a 1 hour finale I was pretty sure it would be rushed & shoddy.  It really was, beyond belief?!!  Like, wtf.

They really should've had all 6 episodes intertwine better. I know we all love the 1 off alien in a small town episodes, and those were great. But they were great in a 20+ week season. This thing had 6 episodes to introduce why they're back, get to the point, then wrap it up. Instead they spend episode 1 (which was decent) forming the reunion, then ep 2-5 completely unrelated?!  Then ep 6 try to wrap up some massive disease & conspiracy & interject new characters while having Mulder & Scully come up with solutions, causes & cures off the top of their head, like, WTF??

There were alot of bad & rushed things, but like Slashisfro said "How did Scully discover the cure so fast"?  It was literally like the first idea that popped into her head in about 30 seconds.

Anyway, I wanted to like it, but really each episodes got less good than the previous. Wasn't a fan & unless it gets wayyyyy better I'd prefer they not bring it back.  I also agree it was odd how bad some of the CGI was.

Board footer