You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: FYE promoting GNR discography

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

The bread and butter has always been AFD-UYI even at the height of the CD saga yet now of all times it supposedly shouldn't be? 16

Lol I'm not saying it shouldn't be! All the hits are from there and it makes sense with Slash and Duff rejoining. I'm just saying there's two ways they could go about this. One is to take the WWE route and erase chinese from history. Not ever mention it. Or the other is to own it and sort of bundle it in with the slash and duff stuff and just never mention they arn't on it.

I'd prefer the later route as it means we'd see Slash versions of the CD songs live, we could get stuff like special editions of the albums with new mixes, or maybe the new greatest hits will have something different with a bit of everything and so on.

I'm just saying there are 8 photos on that stand not including the logo. GNR has 6 studio records. It stood out to me.

AtariLegend wrote:

Weren't there forum complaints in at least 2006 that some places were still advertising the Appetite logo/symbol band during the tours? Nothing has changed.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

I'm not complaining. I just wanna see Slash and Duff embrace CD too and then that opens the way for future shows and products to have the best of all worlds. The slash line up is my favourite by far - but I also strongly like some of the CD songs - so I kinda want a world in which they co-exist. I dont wanna see them do a WWE "hogan never existed" approach.

AtariLegend wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I'm not complaining.

I was referring to James comment you quoted tongue.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I'm not complaining. I just wanna see Slash and Duff embrace CD too and then that opens the way for future shows and products to have the best of all worlds. The slash line up is my favourite by far - but I also strongly like some of the CD songs - so I kinda want a world in which they co-exist. I dont wanna see them do a WWE "hogan never existed" approach.

I don't think Slash, Duff, or the band has anything to do with what the store chooses to display though. I don't think they were told not to include CD because they won't be playing those songs anymore. I doubt the store even sells copies of CD, few do. The store, the media, etc. all are painting this as a reunion, so that's why the emphasis is there. Even if they plan to soldier on with Chinese leftovers, nobody cares to focus on that until they're told. The silence from the band is deafening, so people are promoting it the way they see fit. I honestly don't think it's anything more than that.

Major Mayhem
 Rep: 6 

Major Mayhem wrote:

Is Chinese Democracy available at Fye?  Anywhere outside of best buy?

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Major Mayhem wrote:

They're selling it at the online store at least.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Major Mayhem wrote:

CD isn't even in most Best Buy's. At least the last time I checked.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

CD is in Dollar Stores(literally). Best Buy deal ended years ago.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Oh yeah i forgot about that. Over here in Australia it just came out like everything.

Board footer