You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Everyone show your support for R o B i N with an exclusive new skin

buzzsaw wrote:
Backslash wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Everything starts somewhere.  Honest answer.  It was unnecessary.  I take everything pretty seriously if you haven't figured that out yet.

First we're changing skins, next thing we're monitoring your phone calls...

Really, it's not that hard.  If you don't like it, you can always change it to whatever you like... it's not like the rest of the skins were deleted and you have to look at the fuzzy troll doll all day.  It's your choice if you want to change it.  What does it take, like 5 seconds?

Not long...I did it 3 or 4 days ago...then for some reason I had to do it again.  How long it takes isn't really the point.  It's not for the staff to decide or declare (or whatever you want to call it) who we support and who we don't. 

1. Create a new skin. (done)
2. Create a thread announcing the new skin. (done)
3. Encourage people to support Robin by switching to the new skin. (done)

None of this is a problem for me.  The problem is unilaterally changing everybody's skin to support somebody that not everybody supports (that's been made very, very clear over the years and in another thread currently getting attention).  It was a bad decision that I was willing to let go with a little joke, but now it's become a much bigger deal than I or the powers that be intended.

Let's just drop it.  I've made it clear how I feel and why I feel that way and others have stated their thoughts.  Sounds like a good ending to me. 19

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

The GNR website doesn't even show support by telling the fans he is back in NIN.. Why do I? 16

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

We need a skin dedicated to the one and only true member of Guns N' Roses.. And I think we all know who that is.. With his memorizing performances on the harmonica and his timeless look and amazing talents..

BBS_092306_19.jpg

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Backslash wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Everything starts somewhere.  Honest answer.  It was unnecessary.  I take everything pretty seriously if you haven't figured that out yet.

First we're changing skins, next thing we're monitoring your phone calls...

Really, it's not that hard.  If you don't like it, you can always change it to whatever you like... it's not like the rest of the skins were deleted and you have to look at the fuzzy troll doll all day.  It's your choice if you want to change it.  What does it take, like 5 seconds?

Not long...I did it 3 or 4 days ago...then for some reason I had to do it again.  How long it takes isn't really the point.  It's not for the staff to decide or declare (or whatever you want to call it) who we support and who we don't. 

1. Create a new skin. (done)
2. Create a thread announcing the new skin. (done)
3. Encourage people to support Robin by switching to the new skin. (done)

None of this is a problem for me.  The problem is unilaterally changing everybody's skin to support somebody that not everybody supports (that's been made very, very clear over the years and in another thread currently getting attention).  It was a bad decision that I was willing to let go with a little joke, but now it's become a much bigger deal than I or the powers that be intended.

Let's just drop it.  I've made it clear how I feel and why I feel that way and others have stated their thoughts.  Sounds like a good ending to me. 19

It wasn't forced on you. downliner made an update on the skin, and when we announced the skin, it was set at default for everyone to see it. What's the problem? You just change it immediately if you don't like it.

Let's just drop it.

I agree, and if you want to discuss this further, send me a PM.

Board footer