You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Shout out to Philadelphia fans...

tejastech08 wrote:

Just want to say that the 1988 and 1991 Philly gigs are some of the most energetic arena gigs I've seen on YouTube. I'm watching the 1991 gig and Axl actually commented that Sebastian Bach mentioned earlier in the evening the crowd is crazy. Axl goes, "This is like the biggest kegger I've ever seen." Haha. The crowd is fucking nuts for GN'R! Same goes for the 1988 gig too.

Anyone on this board attend either of those Philly gigs back in the day?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Not sure about that but a few people on ROV/Evo were at the riot in 2002.  I know mrsaxlrose is in Philly..she might have went to one of these shows.

Strange how Philly is notorious for its rough crowds.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

Philly crowds are boisterous for sure. I went to the NHL draft when it was in Philly and the crowd booed the commissioner for every single pick. 14 One of the media members said it the most energetic crowd in his 30 years of covering the draft.

I only wish I attended those shows. I was too young and didn't know who GNR were yet.

mrsaxlrose
 Rep: 2 

mrsaxlrose wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Not sure about that but a few people on ROV/Evo were at the riot in 2002.  I know mrsaxlrose is in Philly..she might have went to one of these shows.

Strange how Philly is notorious for its rough crowds.

I wasn't living in Philly yet during the 88 and 91 shows.  I did not attend the 02 show. Philly crowds can definitely be crazy..  Before they tore it down Veterans stadium was the only stadium that had to have a jail cell.  They don't have a jail at the Linc so I hope the crowds aren't out of hand because my daughter is going with me to the concert...tickets were an early 17th bday present for her.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
mrsaxlrose wrote:

Philly crowds can definitely be crazy..  Before they tore it down Veterans stadium was the only stadium that had to have a jail cell.

Rock and fucking roll. 16  9

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

Just got to this part. Fucking awesome!

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

Philly... the reason why I always say 'YES' to a GNR show.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
mrsaxlrose wrote:

Philly crowds can definitely be crazy..  Before they tore it down Veterans stadium was the only stadium that had to have a jail cell.

Oh hell yeah. The 'ol Vet. Phillies fans are consistently ranked every year by Major League Baseball players as the worst fans in all of baseball.

Why?

Because they are a fucking nightmare on visiting teams to Phillies games. They will harass you and drive you fucking insane. There was a reason why Phillie fans loved guys like pudgy John Kruk and dip-spittin' con-artist Lenny Dykstra... they were a reflection of the attendees.

And yes, the Vet had a jail cell for a reason. To lock up Mitch Williams and protect him from the riot when he blew saves. Williams was very open about the death threats, for fucking reals 'yo, he got from the people of the city after he blew that 1993 World Series and the Blue Jays won.

Philly people don't fucking play man

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Is this why John McClane says "I'd rather be in Philadelphia"?

mrsaxlrose
 Rep: 2 

mrsaxlrose wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
mrsaxlrose wrote:

Oh hell yeah. The 'ol Vet. Phillies fans are consistently ranked every year by Major League Baseball players as the worst fans in all of baseball.

Why?

Because they are a fucking nightmare on visiting teams to Phillies games. They will harass you and drive you fucking insane. There was a reason why Phillie fans loved guys like pudgy John Kruk and dip-spittin' con-artist Lenny Dykstra... they were a reflection of the attendees.

And yes, the Vet had a jail cell for a reason. To lock up Mitch Williams and protect him from the riot when he blew saves. Williams was very open about the death threats, for fucking reals 'yo, he got from the people of the city after he blew that 1993 World Series and the Blue Jays won.

Philly people don't fucking play man

That's why I, as a Dallas Cowboys fan, no longer go to any NFL games here.   They even throw things at Santa Claus.

Board footer