You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: ID,Izzy looking for your boy MSL via twitta

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

If someone wants to be left alone, I totally get it and respect it.  When someone goes out of their way to get attention whenever and however possible, that person doesn't want or need to be left alone.  He's made himself a topic.  There's no way not to discuss him unfortunately.

LOve him or hate him he is definitely a permanent part of the CD saga. It would be impossible to discuss the entire CD fiasco without bringing up his name at very key moments of the story.

Plus the way he lets JIM aka warchild aka maribeth act over there is crazy.

I can't believe either that in 2016, Warchild's insider personas on msl's site or MYGNR keep getting brought up here.

If anyone on these sites knows Maribeth, it's me.  :haha:  It was eons ago but that's beside the point. While I only post at a few GNR forums, I keep in touch with various people who know a thing or two about a thing or two. I also talk to Jim. It's not Maribeth. I know some people have "theories" on this subject and that's fine and dandy....but I'm with atari. When I came back to the forums last year I was amazed that this was still being discussed so many years later.

I don't want this getting threadjacked with warchild stories. Take that to PMs.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
RaZor wrote:

@Monkey - do you know for a fact that M made demands of the band? Or is that an assumption you've made, like the assumption you're making about Izzy being ready to sue M? 

Also, you criticized M for both not giving out enough info, and giving away to much info - what's the deal, do you have a legit beef or are you arguing just to argue?

I was referring to the time a couple of years back MSL had a USB of documents/letters (and i believe he said unheard audio leaks too). Allegedly the documents pertained pay disputes with bumble, many other band political things, and plans for that year. Anyway - at the time MSL made a video - a sort of "open letter" to GNR where he said that he had all these things - and then he threatened that GNR must make an announcement  of their updated plans or he would leak the original plan documents.

Of course the day came and went without him actually leaking it, and he subsequently seemed to retract his position and became quite positive about the band. From memory he also said he destroyed all copies of the stuff he had too. One might speculate that he made some type of peace agreement or received some legal threats from team brazil but I don't know. He sure seemed to change his attitude overnight lets put it like that.

I can't remember the era of this now as it was all too long ago. I would guess about a year before the usa up close and personal tour but i'm pulling that date out of my butt. But it was a big deal on the board here so I'm sure others can remember it too. There was a guy from here who MSL let see his documents too - supposedly they met in a cafe or some such. It turned into one of those huge dramas.

Anyway, my point was, while in certain instances I thought MSL was cool for going to trouble to hunt out leaks for fans and share stuff from hoarders, in my opinion the document-gate event was where it went too far. I thought making a video demanding the band meet your terms or you leak their personal shit was out of line for a fan.

As for not giving enough info, I wasn't critizing MSL for that but rather GNR. In my view the whole "insider" stuff is enabled by the band failing to give common sense updates to fans. Although I take the point that someone earlier made that there's always some business that should stay private. For example if there was a problem with band members being paid or whatever that's just not our business unless the band wants to speak out. But I think there's a culture of secrecy with this band that enables those who seek drama to make it.

Anyway, I don't have anything personal against MSL, i just thought the document-gate incident was where it went from fun (the previous leak hunting missions he was on were entertaining) to being sort of abusive to the band,  and, maybe just going too deep down the rabbit hole in terms of creating a circus about it all.

This isn't MSL's fault exactly either, but I've lost patience with half-stories after 25 years of this nonsense. So when he says something like "crazy last-minute demands, maybe that story will come out someday". I find it utterly infuriating. Like it's claiming to say nothing but then sort of hinting at something but then not giving proper detail. I think he should keep out of the bands affairs at this stage but if you are going to leak info then leak it please - don't give me these teasers of a leak that may or may not happen when i'm 70.

Anyway, as for my comments about Izzy. You're right that was complete speculation. My logic was that Izzy has people he trusts in the GNR fanbase already if he wants to pass on some info. I thought he was in contact with Will and others? So when he was specifically searching for MSL I assumed it was to ask MSL to stop feeding these stories to the media and/or make him stop. But I take your point that I could be wrong.

Anyway, I don't wish any ill-will on MSL, I'm sure we could have a beer in real life and talk GNR and like each other. I'm just fed up with all the secret silliness with this band, and - without wanting to seem disrespectful to MSL I feel he seems to insert himself into these situations with GNR and it almost looks like he just feeds off the theatrics of it all.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I feel he seems to insert himself into these situations with GNR and it almost looks like he just feeds off the theatrics of it all.

Axl's self-appointed hype man.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

C'mon to fuck, Axl Slash N' Duff and GNFnRs are ready to unlease hell on the world and these bullshit wannabe something fucking dipshit "insiders" are on your tongue? Fuck them, fuck the lot of them. What are they going to tell you, that Guns N'Roses are going to tear shit up for the foreseeable future? No shit Sherlock! Or is it some kind of negative shit they wanna spout? What a shocker roll
C'mon, this is the good times, maybe for once we can leave these fuckhead conspiracy theorists and insiders on the dung heap where they belong, and maybe we can just embrace and enjoy the very much live and kicking Guns N Fuckin Roses show!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Izzy wanted to talk to MSL.

END.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

Right? For the first time since what? '96?

Everything is on Front St.
Sure,  there's some purposefully quiet hype building, mystique enhancing shit happening. We get to speculate and discuss like  fans of basically any other band without "insider" cunts driving us insane. We are free of that horseshit, finally.  Let's just enjoy this thing.

Over a decade of torturous mis-steps and misleading, heart wrenching, hope destroying nothing.... the fuel for that shit... and now we can breathe.  As much as I loved certain ChiDem lineups, and was looking forward to the rest of the vault stuff coming out... This is awesome.

Sooooo fucking awesome. Nothing can piss on this for me.

buzzsaw wrote:

that gets overshadowed by the lies he's been telling the fans

What lies have I been telling the fans?

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
mister saint laurent wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Holy shit. Were your ears ringing, or did we say your name 3 times?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Really?   You need to ask the question?   On another note, glad you're here so I don't have to worry about you not being able to defend yourself. Keep doing what you do, but understand why there's skepticism towards you.

buzzsaw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Really?   You need to ask the question?   On another note, glad you're here so I don't have to worry about you not being able to defend yourself. Keep doing what you do, but understand why there's skepticism towards you.

There you have it folks. Buzzsaw talks shit all day long, but when asked for an example . . . he's got nothing.

A Buzzsaw? This motherfucker ain't even a butter knife. Pathetic.

Board footer