You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Is this news new?

Neemo wrote:
Saikin wrote:

I do not want to see a reality show happen.  Look what it's done to the careers of other 'rock stars'.  Bad move in my opinion and i will lose respect for him if it happens.

well it revived Ozzy's career...and it was a comedy more than anything...If this gnr thing happens i would assume it would be more of a drama type atmosphere, it may be hard to gain an audience...depending on the material they use of course...but anyway cuz of how much axl appears to value his privacy. like i said before, i doubt that it goes ahead

but tommy is right, they gotta make up the money somewhere and i doubt it will be through album sales alone hmm

Unless it's done like the making of's.   Hmmmm maybe he just might do this, he did get pretty personal on Estranged and he did have camera's following him around for all 3 vids.   Now that I think about those, I can see this happening.    However Axl in recent years has been so tight lipped about everything, it's just hard to swallow now.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Saikin wrote:

I do not want to see a reality show happen.  Look what it's done to the careers of other 'rock stars'.  Bad move in my opinion and i will lose respect for him if it happens.

well it revived Ozzy's career...and it was a comedy more than anything...If this gnr thing happens i would assume it would be more of a drama type atmosphere, it may be hard to gain an audience...depending on the material they use of course...but anyway cuz of how much axl appears to value his privacy. like i said before, i doubt that it goes ahead

but tommy is right, they gotta make up the money somewhere and i doubt it will be through album sales alone hmm

Because Axl is the white Michael Jackson there would be plenty of interest if they were able to snoop into his private life.  Good for ratings - $$'s.

But like you I find it hard to see Axl agreeing to this, but if he did I imagine he would only allow a fairly superficial look behind the scense anyhow.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I don't see it happening and I hope it doesn't.  Ozzy didn't NEED a reviving...look at his album sales.  I thought it sucked, just my opinion.

Look at Baz, (say what you will but he can sing and Skid Row fucking kicked ass) he ended up killing any resemblence of being taken seriously after the dumb shit he has done on a few shows.  He needs to shut the fuck up in interviews as well and only open his mouth when singing.  Axl doing this would be a sad blow in my opinion UNLESS and only unless it was like DTJ said and it was something like the "making of" cds.  That could be done in a way not to lessen his image.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Because Axl is the white Michael Jackson

For the record... Michael Jackson is the white Michael Jackson. 16

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
Backslash wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Because Axl is the white Michael Jackson

For the record... Michael Jackson is the white Michael Jackson. 16

Ha ha very true, he is whiter than Axl.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It would be funny to watch the folks at places like HTGTH who say slash sold out for appearing as guests on other artists records and guitar hero deal with an "osbournes" style Axl show wink

I doubt it would happen. Firstly because if it was going to happen - it would need to have happened already. The album is finished. What will they do now? Film him making the next CD? or hanging out at home before the tour. The news story was how he made the album sans the old band, and with the new musicians..and the whole CD saga..and in terms of a new TV show...that ship has sailed.

Secondly..axl has always been very interested in and taken a lot of care with the image he presents to the public. Remember the rants at journalists who lied. His rants over the intercom at the crew when he thinks he's looking unprofessional. The amount of control he keeps over all things GNR...i can't see him allowing someone like MTV to come in - edit the footage how they wish - and present him, his family, and friends in whatever light they choose - just for their ratings. (Remember what happened to Jack osbourne  - apparently he was edited by MTV to look like more of a brat than he was). Only way i can see this going ahead would be if Axl was given TOTAL control of the edits and final broadcast cuts - and would a network go for that.

Or - maybe he has produiced his own doco about the saga? There was that doco footage floating around a while ago showing him arriving at 2006 gigs remember? I can see him developing some kind of offical record of evnts to go with CD....but i dont think it would be reality tv in the tradiitonal sence.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

It would be funny to watch the folks at places like HTGTH who say slash sold out for appearing as guests on other artists records and guitar hero deal with an "osbournes" style Axl show wink

I doubt it would happen. Firstly because if it was going to happen - it would need to have happened already. The album is finished. What will they do now? Film him making the next CD? or hanging out at home before the tour. The news story was how he made the album sans the old band, and with the new musicians..and the whole CD saga..and in terms of a new TV show...that ship has sailed.

Secondly..axl has always been very interested in and taken a lot of care with the image he presents to the public. Remember the rants at journalists who lied. His rants over the intercom at the crew when he thinks he's looking unprofessional. The amount of control he keeps over all things GNR...i can't see him allowing someone like MTV to come in - edit the footage how they wish - and present him, his family, and friends in whatever light they choose - just for their ratings. (Remember what happened to Jack osbourne  - apparently he was edited by MTV to look like more of a brat than he was). Only way i can see this going ahead would be if Axl was given TOTAL control of the edits and final broadcast cuts - and would a network go for that.

Or - maybe he has produiced his own doco about the saga? There was that doco footage floating around a while ago showing him arriving at 2006 gigs remember? I can see him developing some kind of offical record of evnts to go with CD....but i dont think it would be reality tv in the tradiitonal sence.

they've been filming the whole time!!!

remember this?

http://media.putfile.com/Documentary

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I hereby nominate this in the best thread title of the year category....

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I hereby nominate this in the best thread title of the year category....

i second that motion

Board footer