You are not logged in. Please register or login.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Re: MATT SORUM 'Wasn't Asked' To Take Part In GUNS N' ROSES Reunion

mister saint laurent wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

slash and duff pushed hard for matt. axl wasn't going to budge.

even if you set aside any sort of grudge over comments made publicly, axl has always been very loyal to his bandmates as long as they've been loyal to him and he just wasn't going to cast frank aside when frank has done everything asked and been a good soldier.

That's why the Pitman development was so puzzling.

I miss Mother Goose.

Especially when we know Pitman was involved in making the movie theater trailer.

Could make a few educated guesses on possible reasons he's out, but don't know for sure.

Didn't he make some comments that weren't that good?

Likely that punched him a ticket to unemploymentville.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Lol @ all these people still calling Matt a prick and asshole, yet I'm still to see solid evidence of this prick and asshole behaviour. The guy seems cool, he's just honest about his opinions

There are a lot of people that get that impression of him, and not just on this forum. It's all over. It's not a coincidence. He just gives off that vide. You know it when you hear it and see it.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Slash wanted Matt and also is supposed to take care of Adler, but he hurt his back so who knows. The cheers for Slash Friday and Saturday were great. Every solo spot the crowd went nuts. People just love Slash.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

That's why the Pitman development was so puzzling.

I miss Mother Goose.

Especially when we know Pitman was involved in making the movie theater trailer.

Could make a few educated guesses on possible reasons he's out, but don't know for sure.

Didn't he make some comments that weren't that good?

Likely that punched him a ticket to unemploymentville.

I believe he was already out at that point. The comments were the result of him being out, not the reason.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Yea Pitman's dismissal is a big mystery.   Dude seems super loyal to Axl and his later versions of GnR..   Axl held steady of keeping Richard and Frank..

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I think we've just been looking at it wrong. They had a drummer. They basically had duff. They needed a guitar player and they got the most qualified one for the job. If they need a drummer at some point or they have an actual reunion, then we can see what's going to happen.

QFT.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

even if you set aside any sort of grudge over comments made publicly, axl has always been very loyal to his bandmates as long as they've been loyal to him and he just wasn't going to cast frank aside when frank has done everything asked and been a good soldier.

Also, adding Matt into the mix is adding one of Slash and Duff's guys.    On a long tour, could end up like UYI all over again with it being Axl vs the band.   

Frank is Axl's guy.   And neutral on the Matt vs Steven argument.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
otto wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I think we've just been looking at it wrong. They had a drummer. They basically had duff. They needed a guitar player and they got the most qualified one for the job. If they need a drummer at some point or they have an actual reunion, then we can see what's going to happen.

QFT.

I dunno, I think they did Sorum dirty.  I mean, Frank?  C'mon, they could have told him their passing on him & getting Sorum &/or Adler in. My guess is Axl would only give Slash & Duff equal share if he had final say in the rest of the lineup, or something like that.

It's not a game changer for me, but realistically GnR could've easily brought back in Sorum. I agree there's probably some personality clash or Axl didn't want it too much old UYI/VR back in.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

As everyone likes to say now....THIS.

Its the whole world except GNR that are pushing the reunion. They get to have their cake and eat it too. Don't reunite, let people call it a reunion, and rake in a few hundred more mil. 16

I think there's some strategic maneuvering to how the lineup was finally assembled. If you add Matt(or any ex member) it tips the scales on that side. At the moment its about as even Steven as it can get. I know its assumed that Pitman was ditched as a cost cutting measure but maybe there was a bit more to it than that. Melissa may have ties to Bucket/Brain/remixes but she's not involved in Chinese to the extent Pitman was.

If it is just Slash joining new GNR and some of this saga boils down to luck(or fate), I'd like more info on Tommy's departure and how that played out. I remember an interview last summer where he said something about how they don't even return his phone calls(or he couldn't call them).

I believe he was already out at that point. The comments were the result of him being out, not the reason.

I agree. No chance in hell he was thrown out for bitching at fans and/or caling it a cash grab. The shindig is too big to make decisions on a whim like that. He was already gone.

God only knows when that teaser was even created. We do know he said he would be at Coachella but he may have just been assuming at that point.

Lomax wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
otto wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

QFT.

I dunno, I think they did Sorum dirty.  I mean, Frank?  C'mon, they could have told him their passing on him & getting Sorum &/or Adler in. My guess is Axl would only give Slash & Duff equal share if he had final say in the rest of the lineup, or something like that.

It's not a game changer for me, but realistically GnR could've easily brought back in Sorum. I agree there's probably some personality clash or Axl didn't want it too much old UYI/VR back in.

As a guy who loved old guns but still enjoyed CD, I'd say better is my 3rd favourite GNR song, I like this lineup.
It honors what was great in both eras for me.

Board footer