You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: MATT SORUM 'Wasn't Asked' To Take Part In GUNS N' ROSES Reunion

AtariLegend wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Melissa may have ties to Bucket/Brain/remixes but she's not involved in Chinese to the extent Pitman was.

I know some already know, but just for the others. She's also in Pitman's group with Frank as well.

BEATRAZR wrote:

Members: CHRIS PITMAN , with: FRANK FERRER on vocals DANNY CAREY on percussion MELISSA REESE on vocals.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

People call Matt an asshole but he was on record a while back as saying he wouldn't do the reunion if asked unless he could share the role with Adler.

I think that's the kindest thing i've read out of ANY member of GNR.

If you go back and look at the rest of them, and I say this as a fan, it's a series of self absorbed and self interested decisions every time.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

monkeychow wrote:

People call Matt an asshole but he was on record a while back as saying he wouldn't do the reunion if asked unless he could share the role with Adler.

If you go back and look at the rest of them, and I say this as a fan, it's a series of self absorbed and self interested decisions every time.

It's a noble thing to say.   But his passive-aggressive twitter posts the last couple days could be interpreted as a guy who feels like he should have been on this tour.     

But who knows, maybe he would have turned it down if Steven wasn't going to be involved.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Melissa may have ties to Bucket/Brain/remixes but she's not involved in Chinese to the extent Pitman was.

I know some already know, but just for the others. She's also in Pitman's group with Frank as well.

BEATRAZR wrote:

Members: CHRIS PITMAN , with: FRANK FERRER on vocals DANNY CAREY on percussion MELISSA REESE on vocals.

Call me when they release something....

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

]I think there's some strategic maneuvering to how the lineup was finally assembled. If you add Matt(or any ex member) it tips the scales on that side. At the moment its about as even Steven as it can get. I know its assumed that Pitman was ditched as a cost cutting measure but maybe there was a bit more to it than that.

That Salon article in Jan mentioned Kushner and Pitman and made it sound like an unofficial press release.

Mama's Good Boy wrote:

Also, adding Matt into the mix is adding one of Slash and Duff's guys.    On a long tour, could end up like UYI all over again with it being Axl vs the band.

One Man Mutiny all over again.

James Lofton wrote:

I'd like more info on Tommy's departure and how that played out. I remember an interview last summer where he said something about how they don't even return his phone calls(or he couldn't call them).

This?
"I think that my guess is...that at some point someone is going to call me and tell me what's up with that."

Mama's Good Boy wrote:

Frank is Axl's guy.   And neutral on the Matt vs Steven argument.

Ditto Fortus, Dizzy and Melissa. All employees with Axl as their boss.

PaSnow wrote:

My guess is Axl would only give Slash & Duff equal share if he had final say in the rest of the lineup, or something like that.

I would say that's a good guess.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:

But his passive-aggressive twitter posts the last couple days could be interpreted as a guy who feels like he should have been on this tour.

He is a guy who should have been on this tour 18 5

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Oh please. If they called Sorum he'd throw Adler and his mom under the bus in three shakes of a lamb's tail. That "deal" or whatever between Adler and Sorum sounds sweet and all but I don't believe a word of it. Its the kinda stuff you say when nothing is happening and they thought it wouldn't happen. Now that it is happening, its gonna be every drummer for himself.

This comment from Stinson:

Tommy Stinson:  17 years. Ya know, I, the back story on that I don't really want to talk about on air. What happened with it, it has nothing to do with Axl or any of that stuff. It had more to do with my personal situation. Basically, I played my last gig in Las Vegas with them and had to come home and tend to that the best I could. While Replacement's things were kinda being offered up. And, I you know, I sort of, I don't know. I think that my guess is...that at some point someone is going to call me and tell me what's up with that. Cause we've all left, we've left on friendly terms it not like a bad thing. Another guitar player DJ Ashba I think he "officially" quit  to do something but ya know I just, ya know, I had to walk away and take care of my stuff so. Taking care of my stuff, whatever my stuff is.

Is someone who wants to avoid the subject. 16

AtariLegend wrote:

If it comes down to saying the right things. I don't see how Slash/Duff could listen to this and feel comfortable. That was from 28th September last year, after months of rumors.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

That "deal" or whatever between Adler and Sorum sounds sweet and all but I don't believe a word of it. Its the kinda stuff you say when nothing is happening and they thought it wouldn't happen. Now that it is happening, its gonna be every drummer for himself.

I dunno he did the right thing at the Hall of Fame.

At a minimum he was at least advocating for Adler, I mean given the history, the smartest thing if he wanted the gig himself would be to STFU and not make any kind of statement let alone a demand for Steven.

Tommy Stinson:  17 years. Ya know, I, the back story on that I don't really want to talk about on air. What happened with it, it has nothing to do with Axl or any of that stuff. It had more to do with my personal situation. Basically, I played my last gig in Las Vegas with them and had to come home and tend to that the best I could. While Replacement's things were kinda being offered up. And, I you know, I sort of, I don't know. I think that my guess is...that at some point someone is going to call me and tell me what's up with that. Cause we've all left, we've left on friendly terms it not like a bad thing. Another guitar player DJ Ashba I think he "officially" quit  to do something but ya know I just, ya know, I had to walk away and take care of my stuff so. Taking care of my stuff, whatever my stuff is.

Tommy has substance abuse issues IMO. He looks very drunk in all the videos I've seen since 2009 at least.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

If it comes down to saying the right things. I don't see how Slash/Duff could listen to this and feel comfortable.

That's what I'm getting at - like online I keep reading about how Matt is a dick - but the truth of it is GNR is a band of people that look out for number one.

Axl taking control of the band and turning partners into employees was kinda fucked.

Not letting Adler have even a cameo insignificant role is kinda fucked.

You all know how much I love these guys but I don't think Matt is any worse than anyone else in the band.

Board footer