You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Re: Axl/DC - Soon is the word.

Intercourse wrote:

If Axl sings at the level he's been at these last few shows then any AC/DC fan who rejects him is a fucking idiot.
Brian has been treated harshly, nothing to do with Axl though so give the man a break and let him do his shit.
If you're not a fan of this move, don't fucking go to the gigs, simple as.

Personally, I wish Axl was working on some tunes with Duff & Slash but hey, I love AC/DC and I'm more of a Bon Scott fan than Brian in terms of vocal tone so Axl fits his legacy really well, they sound like very old AC/DC again...should be a great show.

Axl/DC - Your sentiments.

Excited! Really, Axl & Angus - bring it on! 65%
Interested, if only because Axl's in the band. 19%
Indifferent. Waiting on Guns. 12%
Dislike - Axl should've said no out of respect for Brian. 4%
Complete bollocks, a cash-grab and a disgrace. 0%
Total votes: 26
Niterain
 Rep: 4 

Niterain wrote:

I'm excited. It almost feels like we're gonna get 20 new GNR songs live. AV/dc will fit Axl perfectly. It's the only other great rock band I can see him fronting, except for
Led Zeppelin and Nazareth perhaps

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Niterain wrote:

I'm excited. It almost feels like we're gonna get 20 new GNR songs live. AV/dc will fit Axl perfectly. It's the only other great rock band I can see him fronting, except for
Led Zeppelin and Nazareth perhaps

Yeah, this is almost like getting new music from Axl. So many songs I'm looking forward to hearing him on.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Niterain wrote:

Nazareth perhaps

Now THAT would be amazing. 9 3 axl

AtariLegend wrote:

I get the vibe, most people on an AC/DC site are probably voting the opposite of us and to be honest they're probably more important to this at the minute than us.

That said, how awesome is that we're going to get to see Axl sing Thunderstruck, Highway to Hell, Dirty Deeds and Back in Black ect.

He's going to have to some of the best performances of his career to win over the fans. They aren't going to be comparing him to 2016 Brian Johnson, they'll be comparing him to this...

Niterain

Niterain wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I get the vibe, most people on an AC/DC site are probably voting the opposite of us

I don't blame them. I wouldn't want Brian to front Guns

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I get the vibe, most people on an AC/DC site are probably voting the opposite of us and to be honest they're probably more important to this at the minute than us.

That said, how awesome is that we're going to get to see Axl sing Thunderstruck, Highway to Hell, Dirty Deeds and Back in Black ect.

He's going to have to some of the best performances of his career to win over the fans. They aren't going to be comparing him to 2016 Brian Johnson, they'll be comparing him to this...

Great post!  This will be a huge challenge for Axl, those are some demanding tunes. Brian is such an amazing and underrated singer.

Niterain

Niterain wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Niterain wrote:

Nazareth perhaps

Now THAT would be amazing. 9 3 axl

Yeah, where was Axl when THEY needed a singer smile

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

I feel somewhat indifferent. It feels a bit weird considering Malcolm Young and now Brian Johnson have been thrown to the curb because of health issues and that doesn't sit right with me.

Hopefully they call it quits rather than continue after this tour out of respect for those two.

Good for Axl, though - I'm sure it will work out just fine in the end when it comes to his involvement.

No doubt that it's going to sound great.

AtariLegend wrote:

Side note; yes it kick ass and some are going to be outraged that I suggest this, but if "You Shook Me All Night Long" wasn't on Back in Black would it be considered the most misogynistic mainstream rock album of all time?

I mean seriously listen to the lyrics of the songs between "Hells Bells" and "Back in Black" on it. It's completely over the top and fact that it's the 2nd best selling album off all time should have given GN'R a free pass with "It's So Easy" which is alot softer than "Honey What You Do For Money".

Listened to Back in Black for the first time in years tongue.

Board footer