You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Memories of the Use Your Illusion Tour: An Interview with Tracey Amos

misterID wrote:

I think Slash leaving was a bluff Axl called him on. I don't think Slash wanted to actually leave, but it was a power play that backfired.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Slash had to leave so we could be where we are today. All this had to happen the way it did.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Thanks for the interview Tracey, and the behind the scenes photos 9 Very cool of you to sign up at Evo too 22

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Slash had to leave so we could be where we are today. All this had to happen the way it did.

yup, I can see things the same way. without GNR effectively imploding, we would never get TONS of awesome stuff from all the side-projects and we would never know all the guys that came and went smile

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think Slash leaving was a bluff Axl called him on. I don't think Slash wanted to actually leave, but it was a power play that backfired.

I agree with that.

As for the side project stuff - I dunno - I think most of it would be even better as real GNR.

In particular 5'Oclock Somewhere and Slash's 2010 solo album both had tracks that are screaming for Axl.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

I agree with that.

As for the side project stuff - I dunno - I think most of it would be even better as real GNR.

In particular 5'Oclock Somewhere and Slash's 2010 solo album both had tracks that are screaming for Axl.

Yes but maybe they flame out or worse if they stay together. Also we would not have one of the most anticipated tours ever had they stayed together.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Thanks for the interview Tracey. Always loved your backing vocals during that period. Loved that UYI sound.

I miss it too. All the best.

johndivney wrote:

This is great. Cool stuff, good read.
More dirt please.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

It backfired on the BOTH of them. By the time both realized they had sewn their seeds, that's when the resentment started to breed and beggars & hangers on interfered and started altering their history and thoughts of each other.

Both were too proud to admit they were wrong.

Slash being back in GN'R is an admittance that Axl was wrong

But Slash performing Axl's Chinese tracks is an admittance that Slash was wrong

I'm sure they are on friendly-terms now, and probably look back and just laugh and roll their eyes why it all went down the way it did in the first place, which is why certain beggars & hangers on (looking at you Matt) have been kept away.

I think Doug Goldstein stirred up 95% of this bullshit between the two. 4 17

Board footer