You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Buckethead 2017 tour

James wrote:

A fundraiser? He was practically offered a blank check to come back to GNR in 2006. If he needed funds, that would have brought a nice chunk of change. Obviously he couldn't see into the future but when opportunities like that are offered, don't just brush it off because of whatever drama there was between Axl, Merck, and of course Tommy. The shit with Tommy in hindsight could have been ironed out. In 2009 Tommy admitted that when Bucket left, it pretty much killed the project. Well.....that and Baker.

The guy got a higher profile due to GNR. In 2015 when the reunion rumors went into overdrive, Bucket was still mentioned in the articles. That shows the impact he had during the saga. Other than Axl he was the most memorable member of the band. He left in 2004. Imagine had he stayed until 2014.

He also shuns everything GNR...to the point of refusing to sign copies of CD to hardcore fans. He shouldn't expect any fundraisers from these people.

If GNR plan on releasing anything from CD II hopefully its a song that Bucket has a writing credit on. Any new GNR material from this point forward will sell like hot cakes.

I love Bucket, always will, but don't burn bridges you may neeed to cross at a later date.

johndivney wrote:

Please play loud

http://youtu.be/UyA93RbBndM

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

That's a great video. Love the audience playing the killswitch toward the end.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

A fundraiser? He was practically offered a blank check to come back to GNR in 2006.

I didn't know that. That's a bummer.

James Lofton wrote:

I love Bucket, always will, but don't burn bridges you may neeed to cross at a later date.

I agree but Axl throwing him under the bus publicly is pretty shitty.

johndivney wrote:

Random question, but is this where buckethead went to school? http://www.thefunkuniversity.com

James

James wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

A fundraiser? He was practically offered a blank check to come back to GNR in 2006.

James Lofton wrote:

Axl regretted that move years later. Merck made the situation much worse than it really was. Some would say Axl was just passing the buck but I think its sincere. He still holds some blame in Bucket's departure since he could have easily communicated with him instead of everything going through several irrelevant channels long before info gets to him.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

James Lofton wrote:

Axl regretted that move years later. Merck made the situation much worse than it really was. Some would say Axl was just passing the buck but I think its sincere. He still holds some blame in Bucket's departure since he could have easily communicated with him instead of everything going through several irrelevant channels long before info gets to him.

Ehh... I wouldn't throw Axl entirely under the bus here. Axl claimed to have tried numerous sources to communicate with him during that period, including Brain, and at one point Brain lost contact and Bucket was kinda lost in space for awhile.

What didn't help was Axl listening to handlers (again) instead of just talking to the guy when he got the chance. Universal got involved, and started doing what corporations do. Threatening. Lawyers. Private Eye's. Stalking. All the stuff to put pressure on him to come back and do as they demanded.

That just freaked him out more, and Bucket realized he signed up for something that he wanted no part of.

None of us knew this was all going on back then, and Brain later dropped the dime on it years later, how much Bucket was being threatened by Merck, the label, law offices, all of the above like some slave. Axl got drawn into it, because it was again his responsbility and again Axl listened to the WRONG people.

I think the 2006 blank check thing was a peace offering, but the bridge had been burnt. Bucket was skiddish at that point, and also miffed by Axl's lack of work ethic (something Robin also had issues with). Bucket walked away, then the shit hit the fan years later.

I've always had a fan boy dream that GN'R will tour with Axl, Slash, Duff & Dizzy (at the least), and Axl possibly with AC/DC. But when Axl gets time to tour solo... he and Bucket re-connect and do something together in the studio with Finck, Stinson, Brain & Pitman, but as 'Axl Rose' as a solo artist.

It COULD happen. Just a matter of if people want to do it. Bucket touring with Axl as a solo act, isn't GN'R, but it still would have to be awfully lucrative.

esoterica

esoterica wrote:

I posted this elsewhere after the concert but I snapped this at his show earlier this year.

Outside of the drunk druggies (why do I attract them like flies) it was a way better show than when I saw him in 2011.

12950473_103642056714188_1877505519_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTIzNzQ3MTc1MTY4MjQxNzk4OQ%3D%3D.2

I've been listening to a lot of Bucket lately. I hadn't listened to "Captain EO's Voyage" before. Really great stuff.

James

James wrote:

Have you heard Condensed Chicken Noodles? It borders on elevator music but I love it.

Bucket walked away, then the shit hit the fan years later.

The shit actually hit the fan the day he bailed. We just didn't realize it at the time.

esoterica

esoterica wrote:

I listened to it awhile ago but I can't say I remember it. I'll have to revisit it. It's been mostly his chill stuff to help me relax.

Board footer