You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Detroit June 23rd 2016 - Opening Night of "Not In This Lifetime" ST

James wrote:

Excellent reviews. OTher than Seeker, I cant imagine any complaints and since the set has such killer material, its hard to even fault them for playing it. Obviously Axl wants it in there so I suppose its here to stay.

Brett, I would be very disappointed if they dropped CD. Some consider it average yet its one of my favorite songs in the entire discography.

Love the crowd pop this gets. In an alternate universe this song could've been a genuine hit single. I love the way they perform it but its strange after hearing so many live renditions with Bucket on guitar. That little spicy ingredient he gives the track is missing but casual crowds wont even notice.

So glad its back to its roots and the "homefuck" shit left back in 92-93.

Why are they teasing Riad before Rocket Queen? ONly extreme hardcores would get it. Its reminiscent of Soundgarden teasing Overfloater for 2-3 seconds at Lolla 2010. I don't understand the point. BTW, Overfloater has yet to be played. I'd imagine Riad will have a similar fate.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Listening to a handful of songs it's about what I expected. Not groundbreaking from Axl, but not bad either.

This song he nails:

Great moment when Slash comes in at the beginning with the spotlight. Listen to the crowd. People are so thrilled to have him back.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

polluxlm wrote:

Listening to a handful of songs it's about what I expected. Not groundbreaking from Axl, but not bad either.

This song he nails:

Great moment when Slash comes in at the beginning with the spotlight. Listen to the crowd. People are so thrilled to have him back.

What I love about it is how into the song Slash seems. He's rocking out furiously in that intro.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

He's into it because its a bad ass tune. It was killer the nanosecond it was first unveiled and remains so 15 years later. It deserved so much more than it got. I wasn't sold on new GNR after hearing OMG. He had me hook, line, and sinker after I first heard the title track.

Even if he hated it, he'd still gladly play it. That intro and spotlight on him is a great crowd pop.

Watching it again now. It's short, simple, yet beautiful song. Great lyrics.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

The crowd pop that Slither will get will be so fucking huge they will have to bury The Seeker from the set list. It will be so obvious people would rather hear Slither!!!! And don't forget, we didn't get Twat or Patience.... So time for the 4 minute version of KOHD as well and I would rather hear Twat over CD....

This is a great fucking JAM!!!

https://youtu.be/KT6ZJo67xGo

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Fucking' shivers down my spine. Now imagine that with Fortus and Axl instead of Mr. fuzz pedal (Dave, good player, horrible tone) and Weiland... They need to play this.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
TheMole wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Fucking' shivers down my spine. Now imagine that with Fortus and Axl instead of Mr. fuzz pedal (Dave, good player, horrible tone) and Weiland... They need to play this.

This song would be a great improvement to the set list!!

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYV9HlTAohI&feature=youtu.be

johndivney wrote:

Had to fuckin speed read like short fuckin circuit to see what was on those graphics at the top of the vid.

Shoulda used the pause button I suppose.

Everyone looks so fuckin old..

& American crowds look so fuckin tame. Jeez. Everyone just standing around like they're in a coffee shop or something.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Loved that video. Best video since the UYI days. Classic GN'R in that BTS vid.

Noticed in the video that the band is credited as... Axl, Duff, Slash, Dizzy, Richard, Frank, and Melissa... in that order.

Duff before Slash (maybe 'cause of previous appearences)
Dizzy over the other replacements because of seniority
And Richard over the rest since 2001

Fair?

Board footer