You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: 1/7/16 SOLDIER FIELD, CHICAGO, IL UNITED STATES

James wrote:

Once the reunion started and DTJ was being performed, I was glad homefuck had been ditched. He used it in KC and I wondered if it was by accident as they had performed it so many times in 91-93. Once it happened again in Chicago... I realize its here to stay. Not a dealbreaker obviously but it always seemed a bit cheesy. In its defense, pretty sure he's the person who coined the term so it has that unique twist going for it.

Forum fans had been pointing out its absence. Makes me wonder if it was added due to that.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Once the reunion started and DTJ was being performed, I was glad homefuck had been ditched. He used it in KC and I wondered if it was by accident as they had performed it so many times in 91-93. Once it happened again in Chicago... I realize its here to stay. Not a dealbreaker obviously but it always seemed a bit cheesy. In its defense, pretty sure he's the person who coined the term so it has that unique twist going for it.

Forum fans had been pointing out its absence. Makes me wonder if it was added due to that.

The appeal of the song to has always been the instrumentals and not so much the lyrics. I see where you're coming from on the "home fuck" front...it certainly isn't a necessary component.

I was thankful to be reintroduced to the illusions songs live that it hardly hit my radar.

Disclaimer: this is not a knock on the set list. I'm thankful for what I got. Doesn't mean I don't wish for more.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

I appreciate the homefuck.

Amazing show and amazing to be there with tens of thousands of people, not just 'thousands of people'. I really hope this is a windfall for all involved, especially the 3.

Best of the shows I've been to.

3 or 4 songs in Axl says "Good morning!", talks about how he read the "selective annihilation" quote in Civil War in the Chicago Sun Times. "There's bugs in my water - that costs extra!" sometime towards the end of the show.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Gagarin wrote:

I appreciate the homefuck.

Amazing show and amazing to be there with tens of thousands of people, not just 'thousands of people'. I really hope this is a windfall for all involved, especially the 3.

Best of the shows I've been to.

3 or 4 songs in Axl says "Good morning!", talks about how he read the "selective annihilation" quote in Civil War in the Chicago Sun Times. "There's bugs in my water - that costs extra!" sometime towards the end of the show.

Oh is that what he said? I couldn't understand him when he spoke. Did he say anything else? lol...bugs cost extra?

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

Might have been others. He did the "I'm not sure what it is but it's weird and pissed off and calls itself SLASH" intro.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

Fortus did a pretty amazing on the Buckethead solo on "Chinese Democracy" on this show.

I hope higher quality versions get out there.

AtariLegend wrote:

I know most probably missed it, but the reported attendance for this 1st night was 71K, almost 50K more than the Kansas show.

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=13651

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I know most probably missed it, but the reported attendance for this 1st night was 71K, almost 50K more than the Kansas show.

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=13651

I saw that too. That is a huge crowd! I wonder what Nashville ended up being, that looked like a full house.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

i think it said 71.000 for both shows...

AtariLegend wrote:
WARose wrote:

i think it said 71.000 for both shows...

Skip to the last post in the thread.

"This past weekend, Guns N’ Roses’ first of two shows at Soldier Field in Chicago was sold out, but the second Sunday show was not as well-attended, with the stadium’s upper deck vacant on one side. The empty seats were noted on social media."

Board footer