You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: 14/7/16 LINCOLN FINANCIAL FIELD, PHILADELPHIA, PA UNITED STATES

AtariLegend wrote:

philadelphia_eagles_at_lincoln_financial_field_1.jpg

Lincoln_Financial_Field-1331.jpg

Mixed ticket sales. Not a small crowd, but not close to sold out. http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/02005 … R_grid_714

Is Philadelphia a place they'd be expected to sell out?

SETLIST:

1. It's So Easy
2. Mr. Brownstone
3. Chinese Democracy
4. Welcome To The Jungle
5. Double Talkin' Jive
6. Estranged
7. Live And Let Die
8. Rocket Queen
9. You Could Be Mine
10. New Rose (with "You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory" Intro)
11. This I Love
12. Civil War
13. Sorry
14. Out Ta Get Me
15. Coma
16. Godfather Theme
17. Sweet Child O' Mine
18. Better
19. Wish You Were Here (Richard Fortus and Slash)
20. November Rain (with "Layla" Intro)
21. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
22. Nightrain
Encore:
23. Don't Cry
24. The Seeker
25. Paradise City

AtariLegend wrote:

I obviously don't live there, but it's not overly far from the East Rutherford shows (Metlife) right ? 1 of which sold out very fast resulting in a second that didn't sell as good.

Is this just overbooking in this area?

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

i think calling ticket sales "mixed" is very misleading. there's about 2,000 tickets left based on the map. that means 48,000+ seats have been sold.

So no, not a case of over-booking. I'm sure Live Nation is happy with these sales, especially at the average ticket price they are getting.

Philly is a major market, but not as populated as Chicago or NY. it's also a Thursday night in the middle of the summer. and there's also still plenty of anger about 2002 cancellation. it still gets mentioned regularly by certain DJs on the #1 rock station here (93.3 WMMR), which has just fueled the Axl hatred in Philly more than the rest of the U.S. I think that hurts with the rock fans that might go just to check out a live band they've never seen before.

but to have approx. 95% of all tickets sold, I think is a success.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I'm still surprised this is happening.  I just thought this tour was gonna implode beforehand.  I've just been complacent re; the show so sorry for not posting here much, I was expecting to be letdown & had some personal going on lately. Guess there's no GnRev meetup.

Anyone else going?  I'll post vids if I take any, TBH I just wanna enjoy the show.

@Atari - Philly's big enough where this could've sold out. I checked some other cities & others seemed undersold. There's a ton of tix on stubhub, friend of mine got them for $20. Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Bon Jovi, U2 etc always sellout the baseball stadium, sometimes two nights.  Not sure exactly why this one was put in the football stadium, which holds more but seems the close off alot of seats as well.  Anyway deefinitely isn't the hardest ticket in town.

Oh yeah, I saw the GnFnR truck/18 wheeler coming into town as I was going to work yesterday. Their gears here, now we just gotta hope Axl shows! 22

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Sandman is right but atari does have a point.....when someone looks at a map of the US, the major east coast cities are fairly close to one another. Packed in like sardines in comparison to major cities on the west coast which are spread out.

Hope you have a blast at the show.  mrsaxlrose is going but she hasn't posted in awhile. Acquiesce is in Philly(unless she moved recently) but don't know if she's going.

Some people just aren't interested in forum meet ups....not just because of potential shyness on their part but because everyone knows there are some loons on these forums. 16

AtariLegend wrote:

Again I don't live there. It's just that according to google maps/driving time. That's at least 3 stadium shows within a 2 hour drive of each other.

Obviously I live in a much smaller country (if you've ever looked at a map), it just seems weird.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Again I don't live there. It's just that according to google maps/driving time. That's at least 3 stadium shows within a 2 hour drive of each other.

Obviously I live in a much smaller country (if you've ever looked at a map), it just seems weird.

Not really.  East Rutherford NJ is basically NYC. A city like London in size, something like 8 million people.  Plus add in the North Jersey & Connecticut suburbs area, it's very big.  2 shows might have been a bit much, but I think NYC needs it.  Philly is big enough they should've/could've sold out.  Not sure many people from North Jersey would make a 2 hour drive to see GnR, especially  when before it started ppl expected them to go on at 11 and end around 2am.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Is it a thing in the US to always drive forth and back in one day if you do something? Not many trains I hear.

Sky Dog wrote:

Sandman at HTGTH says it is close to being a sellout...if they get 35,000 to 40,000, that is a damn good night one way or the other.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

polluxlm wrote:

Is it a thing in the US to always drive forth and back in one day if you do something? Not many trains I hear.

The east coast has plenty of trains.  You can easily take a train from Boston to NYC, to Philly, to Washington D.C.  Outside of that, the US train system is nothing like in Europe.  Though every major city has solid public transportation.  I'm not sure what you mean by drive back and forth. A hotel that isn't infested with bed bugs runs at least $125 a night, even more in the major cities.  So if you don't live close to the city you're visiting, that's on you if you'd want to pay for a hotel versus driving.

I live in Pittsburgh, so when I drove to Cincinnati it was 4 hours away.  I decided to stay the night and drive back the next morning.  The east coast cities may be closer together, but traffic is a nightmare.  I lived in Philly for 2 years and worked across the bridge in Jersey, which was about 5 miles driving distance.  Took me at least an hour to get home everyday.  Now imagine trying to drive through that congestion from NYC to Philly along I-95 during rush hour.

Board footer