You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Re: 20/7/16 GILLETTE STADIUM, FOXBORO, MA UNITED STATES

Ragnar wrote:

Mickey is loud and proud on Catcher.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:

Havent got to listen yet, but I'm glad these Chinese cuts have a home in the set list. The surprise appearance of catcher gives me hope we may yet see this lineup's take on IRS.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

axl sounds great to me on catcher, not mickey IMO. slash, i dont know. he either isn't getting enough time to rewrite these solos, doesn't care, or simply shreds more in his advanced age and experience.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

Glad they're playing more CD stuff.

harmon420 wrote:

Havent got to listen yet, but I'm glad these Chinese cuts have a home in the set list. The surprise appearance of catcher gives me hope we may yet see this lineup's take on IRS.

I don't know why they don't. Simple song to play.

It is super vocally demanding, though, and Axl has been struggling with anything not high register.

war

war wrote:

axl has had no problem with irs in the past and is singing much better than he has in decades. he is nailing more than one register, wag.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
war wrote:

axl has had no problem with irs in the past and is singing much better than he has in decades. he is nailing more than one register, wag.

I agree.

I think back to that '06 Rock Am Ring performance of IRS and how awesome it was. The way the current lineup is killing literally everything they play, it would be a shame for them not to rock this track. I'm sure that I am in the minority, but I always felt like IRS could have easily been on one of the Illusion albums. A simple, straightforward rocker.

war

war wrote:

irs has killer vocals. add izzy and slash in their primes and it easily fits on illusions.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Melissa's belting out the backing vocals on Catcher there. I kind of wish Slash had gone back to the original Brian May solo instead of the shred-tastic Ron one, though.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Well......they improved the album version but that wasn't going to be difficult. Album version is just horrid on many levels.

It definitely needs some tinkering. They'll iron out the kinks just like they did with TIL.

CITR one of the last songs I expected them to bust out on this tour. It means just about any CD song is possible at this point.

It also wasn't on the alternate list......which means I was right......the band has its own set list which no one is privy to. Boy would I love to see that.

Board footer