You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

misterID wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

While my people were conquering the world

Actually we live in the UK.

Anyway you do realize that even if Trump wins, you and Randall won't be able to own a sub species slave?

Honestly you guys are pretty disgusting. I have no respect for most of the Americans on this board after reading this ridiculous nonsense.

misterID wrote:

My ancestors were English, Irish and a few Native Americans. Where do I fall on the bark scale? 16

You fall on the troll scale. You're less offensive, but just as annoying and pathetic with your constant love for multi-accouters on other forums. Just as full of shit.

Awwww, why don't you pull out that bug burrowed up your ass, Atari. You're an over sensitive flake who wants to berate people over non sense. At least you're letting your true stalker colors out. Yes, you read the game of thrones books, we get it. Your passive aggressiveness is well beyond trolling.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

The most obvious thing is you can't explain it to them, nor can you shove it down their throat. The miseducation in this thread is borderline ridiculous and the response is you're racist when you don't agree. Pure ignorance.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Anyway you do realize that even if Trump wins, you and Randall won't be able to own a sub species slave?

Honestly you guys are pretty disgusting. I have no respect for most of the Americans on this board after reading this ridiculous nonsense.

I think both sides are exaggerating to make their point and its coming across more offensive than intended. The insults were just fanning the flames. Flagg has a very direct posting style but I assume he didn't mean anyone not American is a subhuman or whatever. Buzz is Buzz. 19 13

sweet potatos and peanuts in Alabama

Couple months ago I saw a can of boiled peanuts in a store here. I was shocked. I know its some sort of southern thing but boiled peanuts does not sound very good.

Baked sweet potatoes are pretty good and I've also fried them like french fries before. Yum.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I think both sides are exaggerating to make their point and its coming across more offensive than intended. The insults were just fanning the flames. Flagg has a very direct posting style but I assume he didn't mean anyone not American is a subhuman or whatever. Buzz is Buzz. 19 13

sweet potatos and peanuts in Alabama

Couple months ago I saw a can of boiled peanuts in a store here. I was shocked. I know its some sort of southern thing but boiled peanuts does not sound very good.

Baked sweet potatoes are pretty good and I've also fried them like french fries before. Yum.

Boiled peanuts are delicious. You would love.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

To be honest I found some of the opinions in this thread pretty shocking.

However I think in life most people underestimate how much of their opinion is situational. We think of the other side as ignorant or ill-informed when for all of us I think, to quote Belloc from Raiders of the Lost Ark: "I am but a shadowy reflection of you. It would take only a nudge to make you like me. To push you out of the light. ".

A few life circumstances can easily turn a conservative into a  liberal and a liberal into a conservative. It's mostly what happens around you that colors your opinion. But in reality everything is rigged by the few people in control....it's bad for us to think in extremes and create divisions amongst us.

Friendship is possible, for example Smoking Guns and I chat all the time on facebook, he seems to be a some type of republican leaning right winger while I'm left wing and was excited about Bernie Sanders changing america. But we all like GNR 16

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

There's a reason most republican leaning people are older. When you're young, you are idealistic and want to make things great for everyone. When you get older, you realize that isn't possible. Well, most people do.

I don't know how many times I said the dems would never lose if they could just pay for stuff.   It's still true.  Nobody is against helping those that truly need it. The problem is they've created a generation of people depending on help and not at all interested in breaking the cycle.

Let's take a step back for a second to point out how we're all getting played by the system. How could the dems pay for stuff?  Tax the rich. The rich are such a small % that they could certainly do it. Why don't they?  Because they too are rich. So instead they go after the middle class to make even more people depend on the gov't to survive. Think about it a bit...It's obviously not quite that simple but that's exactly what's happening.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

"sure I've been called xenophobic. I just happen to believe that America is the greatest country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism." - Kenny Powers

Fuck fuckity fuck fuck fuck.  Am I doing this right?

No, I don't want to own slaves. No, I don't think people from "insert country here" are better or worse than "America".

I just think each country should cater its immigration policies to favor its own citizens and longevity/prosperity.  Europe or the US admitting hundreds of thousands of people who are quasi illiterate, lack a skill and don't speak the native tongue, is a retarded immigration policy. Just because you're bored working your McJob in London, Paris, Toronto, Berlin or NYC and want to believe you're making the world a better place by inviting in people who have no interest in adopting your culture doesn't make you intelligent or enlightened. It just means you're a shit head who has that luxury and probably haven't taken a step out of your bubble.

As long as hajis are shooting and blowing up westerners, you're bleeding heart cries to bring in people too stupid or craven to fix their problems at home. Bringing them all to the west doesn't improve the problem and only extends their drama to the west.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm still laughing at being called a troll by someone who literally jumped into a conversation he wasn't a part of or mentioned to make a really pathetic and lame personal attack against me... Someone I've stopped talking and responding to for weeks, maybe months, I can't remember, because of their flakish, childish petulant behavior in the game of thrones thread,  but he kept following me around, quoting my posts, trying to bait me into arguments, that's the very definition of a troll. 16

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

This campaign is officially the best ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KtzdP7mR-4

Thx to Crass Communication

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Think you're misreading the Turkish situation - backsliding into secularism?? Turkey was a bastion of secularist democracy. It's backsliding into a caliphate/Islamic State, into mob rule by sympathetic Islamists & a gateway for Isis. It's ruled by a religious zealot who wants to undo all the progress the country has made until this point.

Mistake using the word secular, meant relgious. That's what I get for posting late at night 16

But yeah, as you describe the Turkey situation is very worrying.

And to those back pedaling, sorry, some of you are coming across as nativist and xenophobic. If you genuinely aren't or don't think you are those things perhaps check your own rhetoric.

Board footer