You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Zakk Wylde to release Book of Shadows 2

BLS-Pride wrote:
Neemo wrote:

The whole album is mellow like that...I was expecting some heavy tunes...but maybe that's the point ...it's released as a solo cuz it's too mellow for BLS

I swear the music on the first tune is exactly the same as Pearl Jam Black rhythm guitar chord progression

You have heard BOS 1 right? Mellow too. I'm expecting it to be similar to that. I actually picked it up but haven't listened yet. Are the songs good yet mellow? Or were they shit?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I dunno...some are good...maybe I'm just not in the mood for mellow shit these days

My buddy (huge zakk fan) thinks I'm crazy. ..he loves the album

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

So I finally listened to it today. Found it while cleaning out some things. I thought it was okay. There are moments of the magic of BOS 1 but it fails to resonate with me the same way. Glad to hear this type of music from Zakk again. It's decent. Stand out tracks for me are Sleeping Dogs, Lost Prayer, Yesterday's Tears, and The King. There are moments vocally and guitar wise that remind me of the more mellow songs from the 1919 Enteral era Zakk. Really dug the solo in the King for some reason. I'll probably add those songs and maybe a few more into a playlist of Book of Shadows 1.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Saw Zakk two weeks ago with his solo band. Good to see those songs get played and Zakk in such an intimate setting, but I'm ready for more BLS.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Saw Zakk two weeks ago with his solo band. Good to see those songs get played and Zakk in such an intimate setting, but I'm ready for more BLS.

I am hoping with the break from regular BLS stuff the next outing will be stronger. Definitely needs a fresh take. He needs to go back to the roots of BLS. That or ozzy and Sabbath are done for good after the summer. Maybe he will link up with Zakk and get one more album featuring Zakk writing.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

Could n`t get past first two songs. Boring and generic.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Huh just noticed Zakk opened for GNR in Glendale this week. If he played the set he's been playing this tour I can't imagine it was that great of a primer.

Board footer