You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

She beat him by nearly 4 million votes....

There are a lot of votes she wouldn't want to reach. Why would Hillary want votes from white nationalists and conspiracy nuts?

So it's cool she is appealing to black nationalist?  Why else would she trot out Michael Brown's mother during the convention?  Is it cool she had the father of the Orlando Shooter front and center at her rally in Florida?  Trump has to disavow comments from David Duke whom he's never met nor supported, yet Hillary can bring out the mother of an attempted cop killer and the father of the guy who killed 50 gay people (while personally saying Allah will handle the gays).  What kind of fucked up world do we live in where people see Clinton as the candidate of sanity and inclusiveness.

Michael Brown's mother is connected to black nationalists? Those mothers wanted to speak with both candidates, guess who did and who didn't? And the deal about her supporting the terrorist father is absolutely pathetic. I'm not mentioning Trump getting support/money/advice from the old Florida senator who was kicked out of office for sexually harrassing and trying to pressure his young male pages into letting him fuck them. Is Trump trying to appeal to the gay pedophile demographic? That's fucking stupid. Trump is still using white supremacist quotes in his ads. And I'm not big on liberals, but mentioning Robert Byrd is scraping the bottom of the fuckin barrel, so if that's all you got...hilarious. Who's getting the white supremacist support? Show me where Hillary is being endorsed by black nationalists.

Have you not been listening to what #BLM has been saying the past 2-3 years?  These people are openly racist and uninformed.  Chants of "Black Power" is the very definition of black nationalism.  Why would you bring the mother of an attempted cop killer who's death was used to justify violence and protests?  She's not apologizing for what her son did, she's trying to use her son as a symbol of brutality when the only openly violent person was her son - the guy who strong armed a clerk minutes before he assaulted a cop and tried to remove his gun only to charge at the cop seconds later.  These aren't people who should be part of any intelligent discussion.  I'm sure Charles Manson wants an audience with Clinton too, but I don't recommend she bring him up on stage at national convention.

And you really want to bring up inappropriate sexual advances?  Think on that.  How many women have accused Bill Clinton of rape?  There was that big thing with Amy Schumer last week cause one of her writers advocated we should have all the facts before we convict someone of rape, and he was berated as a rape apologist.  Hillary mocked all of Bill's accusers and her hollywood friends remain mum.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Gary Johnson: Trump’s a fascist

Libertarian presidential nominee Gary Johnson says he considers Donald Trump a fascist.

“It walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,” Johnson told The New York Times on Tuesday. "Where’s the Constitution in all this? He’s saying horrible things.”

Johnson said his running mate, former Massachusetts Gov. Bill Weld, was “spot-on” in comparing Trump’s immigration policies to Nazi Germany earlier this year.

Weld said Trump’s plans to deport illegal immigrants reminds him of Kristallnacht — a Nazi march through Austria and Germany in 1938 that led to the destruction of Jewish properties.

“I can hear the glass crunching on Kristallnacht in the ghettoes of Warsaw and Vienna when I hear that, honest,” he said.

“My Kristallnacht analogy does evoke the Nazi period in Germany,” Weld said when asked if Trump is fascist. "And that’s what I’m worried about. A slippery slope.”

Johnson on Wednesday said party loyalty may prevent Republicans from abandoning Trump, the party's presidential nominee.

“To come out in support of anyone other than a member of your own party — I understand how difficult that is,” he said.

Johnson noted his campaign is still making overtures to anti-Trump Republicans, however, citing former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger as one example.

He said the Libertarian Party ticket offers at least one trait neither Trump nor Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton has: “We’re likable."

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/pre … -a-fascist

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Johnson making a mistake with that rhetoric imo. He should be looking to catch voters who already can't stand Trump, those who are weighing between holding their nose for Hillary or staying home. The Hitler angle has already been played, there's no more fish to catch on that end. It probably won't hurt much, but he should be focused on attracting new voters.

Take me. No affiliation with any party. Never voted, but would if the right candidate came along. All I know about his policies is that he's pro weed and anti Trump (whatever that means when translated into policy), and I follow the race more than the average American. If anti Trump is all people hear they have Hillary for that.

Obviously he can't win, but with two historically unlikable characters in the race he has a good shot at getting very good numbers and make a name for himself. That's not going to happen by only appealing to libertarian anti Trumpers.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

So it's cool she is appealing to black nationalist?  Why else would she trot out Michael Brown's mother during the convention?  Is it cool she had the father of the Orlando Shooter front and center at her rally in Florida?  Trump has to disavow comments from David Duke whom he's never met nor supported, yet Hillary can bring out the mother of an attempted cop killer and the father of the guy who killed 50 gay people (while personally saying Allah will handle the gays).  What kind of fucked up world do we live in where people see Clinton as the candidate of sanity and inclusiveness.

Michael Brown's mother is connected to black nationalists? Those mothers wanted to speak with both candidates, guess who did and who didn't? And the deal about her supporting the terrorist father is absolutely pathetic. I'm not mentioning Trump getting support/money/advice from the old Florida senator who was kicked out of office for sexually harrassing and trying to pressure his young male pages into letting him fuck them. Is Trump trying to appeal to the gay pedophile demographic? That's fucking stupid. Trump is still using white supremacist quotes in his ads. And I'm not big on liberals, but mentioning Robert Byrd is scraping the bottom of the fuckin barrel, so if that's all you got...hilarious. Who's getting the white supremacist support? Show me where Hillary is being endorsed by black nationalists.

Have you not been listening to what #BLM has been saying the past 2-3 years?  These people are openly racist and uninformed.  Chants of "Black Power" is the very definition of black nationalism.  Why would you bring the mother of an attempted cop killer who's death was used to justify violence and protests?  She's not apologizing for what her son did, she's trying to use her son as a symbol of brutality when the only openly violent person was her son - the guy who strong armed a clerk minutes before he assaulted a cop and tried to remove his gun only to charge at the cop seconds later.  These aren't people who should be part of any intelligent discussion.  I'm sure Charles Manson wants an audience with Clinton too, but I don't recommend she bring him up on stage at national convention.

And you really want to bring up inappropriate sexual advances?  Think on that.  How many women have accused Bill Clinton of rape?  There was that big thing with Amy Schumer last week cause one of her writers advocated we should have all the facts before we convict someone of rape, and he was berated as a rape apologist.  Hillary mocked all of Bill's accusers and her hollywood friends remain mum.

Why compare her to Manson, she didn't kill anyone. Again, extremism here. And again, where has she declared herself a black nationalist and where have they endorsed Hillary? White nationalists are endorsing Trump.

Who did Bill rape?

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

"Black Power" could mean a lot of things. There is a difference between self-empowerment and power at the expense of anyone else. I never took that as a threat to me and my whiteness. I've grown wary of all these details and hair splitting.

I'm not going to convince you and you're not going to convince me. The only difference I see between Johnson and Trump is that Johnson is a much more likeable person. They're pretty much proponents of the same economic philosophies. Socially, Johnson feels government should stay out of social issues. Fine....that doesn't really solve anything though.

The problems with conservatives will always be that they spend so much time trying to decide who gets to be included in society and who does not. From my perspective, that's what I see. I'm talking about the modern day Republican. I do not believe it's any coincidence that he represents low-income, low-education whites. To me, as a white man, I see this group of white people as ignorant, bigoted and hateful as anyone. Even if your ancestors were here 200 years ago, what does that have to do with you 7 generations down the line?

I have the answer for you....it doesn't. You've done nothing but rest on your laurels and expect things to work out.

The conservative philosophy in 2016: Black people suck, woman are dumb, and Hispanics can do the shit work for shit pay but we'll still hate them anyway."

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:

"Black Power" could mean a lot of things. There is a difference between self-empowerment and power at the expense of anyone else. I never took that as a threat to me and my whiteness. I've grown wary of all these details and hair splitting.

Sure, white power can mean a lot of things too.  I don't take any racial pride sentiments as a threat.  I take them as ignorance in being proud of something you have no control over and is entirely arbitrary.  What next, Hazel eye pride?

The conservative philosophy in 2016: Black people suck, woman are dumb, and Hispanics can do the shit work for shit pay but we'll still hate them anyway."

If that is your takeaway from "conservative" philosophy, you either haven't been paying attention or you think the ramblings of some redneck off the street have any connection to the beliefs or ideology of millions of Americans who believe the Constitution is something to be respected rather than distorted and twisted to fit the popular thought of the day and that America should put its own citizens and people's best interest ahead of everyone else - just like every other country does, yet only the US is faulted for it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I do not believe it's any coincidence that he represents low-income, low-education whites. To me, as a white man, I see this group of white people as ignorant, bigoted and hateful as anyone. Even if your ancestors were here 200 years ago, what does that have to do with you 7 generations down the line?

I have the answer for you....it doesn't. You've done nothing but rest on your laurels and expect things to work out.

I agree with everything you said except this part, and I think it's a pretty big deal as it's a big part of the problem. This group, if you actually know them, are natural democrats. They do care about the enviorment, they do see how the rich rule and shits on the working class. They do know how hard Mexicans work, they actually do have black friends... In their personal lives, where they live and interact with. But once you get into a generalized view or conversation, especially with politics!, they're totally different people: the EPA is evil and is trying to destroy America, Mexicans are going to murder us and force us to speak Spanish, blacks are lazy and the government is going to steal our jobs and give it to them. They want all white men to be poor and emasculated and serve minorities, and we have to protect the rich who make our way of life possible.

One of the reasons they think this is because of liberals. Because of statements like that. Read any liberal blog and see how they speak about whites. It is racist. There is real ugly resentment. These whites are always made out to be villains. On the opposite side, not only do conservatives stoke these fires, they treat them with a measure of respect, like they actually are sticking up for them, that they're on their side. They're fighting for them. That produces loyalty, even blind loyalty, even if personally you have different beliefs. And yes, political correctness is seen as a weapon against whites, and in a lot of ways, it is. It's censorship through morality, no different than what the right wing did with the christian coalition.

Liberals need to tell these whites they are on their side too. That blue collar white guy with just a high school diploma, they know the world is changing, their way of life is ending, you need that college degree, they're worried about losing their jobs, they're worried about outsourcing, they're worried about their kids future, knowing they can't afford college, and if they can scrape it together, they could lose a spot to affirmative action, which is another thing that's manipulated. They are stressed and worried. It has jack shit to do with race, though that's an easy thing to grasp onto and transfer that anger towards instead. It's easy. There are more poor whites than all poor minorities combined. Not all have the best schools. Not all have opportunity. There's a large swath of whites where white privlagge does not apply. Or exist.

Liberals don't see that. Whiteness and white privlage are easy things to say and believe, but nothing is easy. We need to start trying to really reach these people instead of lazy name calling and villainizing. Why do you think Trump is popular with them? Because he's telling them they won't be left behind. Their fears are valid. They are not the bad guys. He will stick up for them. Liberals do not... The closest, in all honesty, was Bernie. We get tripped up on Trump's stupidity, and lazily trying to explain his success through their own liberal view that is anti blue collar white, not why he's really reaching them.

Plus, we're dealing with 200 years of brain washing of blue collar whites by the rich and the establishment to keep their focus off the real culprits who are hurting them.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I'd argue they've been like this for the last 30 years...

As demographics change, the GOP gets the majority of white votes and still lose. They'd like us to believe that the Dems cater to minorities via race baiting etc, but in reality all we have to do is listen to them speak. It's why I'm not a Republican...all I have to do is listen to what they have to say, most of it is pretty vile.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I do not believe it's any coincidence that he represents low-income, low-education whites. To me, as a white man, I see this group of white people as ignorant, bigoted and hateful as anyone. Even if your ancestors were here 200 years ago, what does that have to do with you 7 generations down the line?

I agree with everything thou said except this part, and I thing it's a pretty big deal as it's a big part of the problem. This group, if you actually know them, are natural democrats. They do care about the enviorment, they do see how the rich rules and shits on the working class. They do know how hard hard Mexicans work, they actually do have black friends... In their personal lives, where they live and interact with. But once you get into a generalized vbiew, especially with politics!, theryre totally different people: the EPA s evil and s trying to destroy America, Mexicans are going to murder us and force us to speak Spanish, blacks are lazy and the government is going to steal our jobs and ghive it tyo them. They want all white men to be poor and emasculated and serve minorities, and we have to protect the rich who make our way of life possible.

One of the reasons theory think that is because of liberals. Read any liberal blog and see how they speak about whites. It is racists. There is real ugly resentment. And theory are made out to be villains. On the opposite side, not only do conservatives stroke these fires, they treat them with a measure of (fake) respect, like they actually are sticking up for them, that they're on their side. They're fighting for them. That produces loyalty, even blind loyalty, even if personally you have different beliefs. And yes, political correctness is seen as a weapon against whites, and in a lot of ways, it is. Its censorship through morality, no different tan the right wing did with the christian coalition.

Liberals need to tell these whites they are on their side too. The blue collar white guy with just a high school diploma, they know the world is changing, there way of life is ending, you need that college degree, they're worried about losing their jobs, they're worried about outsourcing, they're worked about their kids future, knowing theory can't afford college, and if they can scrape it together, they could lose a spot to affirmative action, which is another thing that's manipulated. They are stressed and worried. It has jack shit to do with race, that's an easy thing to grasp onto and transfer that anger towards. There are more poor whites than all pod minorities combined. Not all have the best schools? Not all have opportunity. There's a large swath of whites where white privlagge does not apply.

Liberals don't see that. Whiteness and white privlage are easy things to say and believe, but nothing is easy. We need to start trying tyo really reach these people instead of lazy name calling and villainizing. Why do you think Trump is popular with them? Because he's telling them they won't be left behind. Their fears are valid. They are not the bad guys. He wil stick up for them. Liberals do not... The closest, in all honesty, was Bernie.

Plus, we're dealing with 200 years of brain washing of blue collar whites by the rich and establishment to keep their focus off the real culprits who are birthing them.

Ok ok....maybe I need to scale back on that comment.

I actually voted for Bernie in the primary....but I digress....

I don't believe that Trump means anything he says. He's just harnessing an energy.

People have a right to be afraid and look for a hero. But not him. While Trump stoops for the supposed little guy....he is exactly part of the problem. He's a birthed who inherited his wealth from a criminal.

How could one be so deluded as to fall for it?

As far as white privilege goes....that's totally bunk. We've been divided bsy race when it's really socioeconomic that should unite us.

Board footer