You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

Re: Guns N' Roses tour to continue through 2017(and beyond)

sp1at wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Do festivals have impact on the practicalities & logistics of the show? Like how expensive/expansive the setup is? For example, if they're doing the festivals they'll hardly be bringing the stage/set from this current stadium run? Would they have carted that all round Europe anyway??

Good to see they're being talked of in the same breath as the mega tours of Springsteen et al again. These tours n venues are well travelled now. But yea I suppose the matter of competition it makes sense to do the festivals..

They could play two festivals one weekend. P sure they did it in '02 when they headlined Leeds but couldn't play Reading cause they'd booked another euro festival..?? Play one on the Friday the other on the Sunday.
Or even the Saturday depending on logistics..

Was thinking of maybe takin in a couple of shows, but now think I'll wait for the inevitable arena run..  Don't have the stamina for festival weekends anymore..
I'll see where they're playin first.. Hopefully it's not all festivals. Amsterdam r Berlin, tho that's unlikely. Barcelona would be good. & an Irish date.

There'a an element of sense to it. Play Download and Pinkpop, then do Hellfest, because Download France would make it three in three days, too much.

Hellfest will pay no more than 2 million Euros for a band. Download would probably pay 2-3 million Euros. A Stade De France gig would make 7/8 million Euros, but from that you have to deduct expenses (stadium fees alone up to 2 million euros).

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

This Ukranian bunch are quite interesting.

They announced an Iron Maiden date months before it was officially anounced https://vk.com/maiden2016

They could, potentially, announce the Vienna and Prague GN'R dates before GN'R do.

Rock in Vienna had Iron Maiden and Rammstein, takes place the week before Download

Both Rock in Vienna and Download line-ups announced second half October last year

------------

https://vk.com/gnr2017

These guys seem to deal mainly with festivals. So Rock in Vienna does become more interesting.

I was looking at Prague. I was wondering if they might beef up the Metronome Festival at the end of June.

It could easily be standalone concerts though

Another article about Ernst Happen in Vienna and GN'R so standalone concerts remain a strong possibility as well http://wegotit.at/wien-zittert-um-stone … ie-und-co/

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

A known insider at Efestivals has GN'R are not currently booked for Download, so it could be all to play for UK wise. I would still lean towards them playing, but it makes it more interesting

I will look at Prague venues tomorrow.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

Download2017.JPG

Andy Copping has said this band accepted the offer. This would have been when GN'R were planning their tour. Copping later publicly said (around May time) he was interested in GN'R and Def Leppard for 2017 because of the anniversaries of AFD and Hysteria, I know Def Leppard are not playing.

I am not sure how many other bands would plan that far in advance.

Andy Copping was also seen hanging out with Slash and Duff backstage when ACDC with Axl played in London

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

Promoter, via Paul Skinner, also mention dates planned for Spain and Portugal, obvious calls. And Sweden.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

Some vague gossip about GN'R wanting to attend an Aerosmith concert in Peru

http://elcomercio.pe/luces/musica/guns- … ia-1939903

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

GN'R at Parc Olympique Lyon gossip

https://live-arena.com/guns-n-roses-par … rnee-2017/

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Lep was rumored for DL as well? Ugh.....would've been booed off the stage. The Lep are lip syncing at this point. If that only leaves GNR in the mix, they should just confirm it at this point.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I'm still hoping they come to Reading Festival, for purely selfish reasons (it's the closest to me and I can't abide camping). But given that their last Reading Festival appearance went down like a lead balloon, it's unlikely.

Wonder if Download will get GN'R and Metallica? That'd be quite something.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

I'm still hoping they come to Reading Festival, for purely selfish reasons (it's the closest to me and I can't abide camping). But given that their last Reading Festival appearance went down like a lead balloon, it's unlikely.

Wonder if Download will get GN'R and Metallica? That'd be quite something.

It's been done

837dab0f86b5fd061b93967e638ce112.jpg

An aside: what a throwback that Metallica logo is. Pig ugly.

Board footer