You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

slcpunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Hilarious reading some of this.  Dodge, deflect.  Trump this, Trump that.  Arguing over who cares more about something that doesn't matter.  Nobody at all discussing the actual issues.  You guys are just a reflection of the problem we have and why the establishment has you all by the short hairs.  I get why none of the candidates are discussing the issues.  Neither of them have a workable plan for anything.

What I don't understand is why you guys keep ignoring the issues and playing the game they want you to play while pretending to have moral superiority over the other side. 

Nobody is going to change their mind.  All of you are going to believe what you're going to believe.  I am too, so don't think I'm not including myself.  Nobody has made a single compelling argument in this whole fucking thread.  Almost 200 pages of bullshit.  I gave up trying to get you to think because clearly you're not interested in it; you're just going to spew the bullshit you've read on internet memes as fact (both sides).  They both suck.  They are both evil.  The sooner you guys figure that out, the sooner we can have actual discussions towards a solution.  As long as you're sitting here defending either candidate, you're just wasting your time and proving your ignorance.  Fact.

False equivalency, irony and arrogance at its finest.

I don't recall anybody proclaiming how brilliant they were with such consistency.

The irony of course is that you repeat right wing mantra constantly, all while vehemently denying they have any impact your opinions. Your thoughts/ideas/commentaries all mirror the exact same talking points pumped out by the right wing media. I guess this is all a coincidence?

Quit using this thread as a means to work through your insecurities, and talk about issues then.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Hilarious reading some of this.  Dodge, deflect.  Trump this, Trump that.  Arguing over who cares more about something that doesn't matter.  Nobody at all discussing the actual issues.  You guys are just a reflection of the problem we have and why the establishment has you all by the short hairs.  I get why none of the candidates are discussing the issues.  Neither of them have a workable plan for anything.

What I don't understand is why you guys keep ignoring the issues and playing the game they want you to play while pretending to have moral superiority over the other side. 

Nobody is going to change their mind.  All of you are going to believe what you're going to believe.  I am too, so don't think I'm not including myself.  Nobody has made a single compelling argument in this whole fucking thread.  Almost 200 pages of bullshit.  I gave up trying to get you to think because clearly you're not interested in it; you're just going to spew the bullshit you've read on internet memes as fact (both sides).  They both suck.  They are both evil.  The sooner you guys figure that out, the sooner we can have actual discussions towards a solution.  As long as you're sitting here defending either candidate, you're just wasting your time and proving your ignorance.  Fact.

I haven't really defended Hillary...I just loath Trump.

But what are the real issues? Buzz...in your opinion, what are the issues?

Shrinking middle class?
Immigration?
Terrorism?
Russia?
Economy?

I need you to be specific. I'll tell you one thing....I personally don't care to hear from the white community bitching about immigration.

In my experience, first generation people to this country work harder for less.

Get out of here with your racist, white guilt nonsense.  I don't believe the color of your skin or ancestry has dick to do with your potential. The horrors inflicted by or upon your ancestors have no bearing on you. But this country was founded by and built by white people.  Slavery was limited to the south by cotton farmers and had a negligible impact on the economy. Once industrialization came, slaves were worthless.

Every black person in America should be grateful their ancestors were slaves. Name a single African country where your average black is remotely as comfortable and privledged as your average black in America. The Latinos are no different.

I'm 3rd generation German from my fathers side. My grandfather was the first one born in America. He didn't know a word of German, but he happily shot the krauts in WW2.

This bullshit about America being a nation of immigrants is just that, bullshit. I eat the same fucking food anyone with Irish,Italian, English, Polish or any other European ancestry. The same as any black, Latino or Asian person.

We're a nation of laws. I expect outsider to respect our laws and culture just as I adhere to there's when I routinely travel all over the globe.

You may hate Trump because he advocates a position that doesn't enable you to click like and share on Facebook/YouTube and feel like you've accomplished anything. But he's the only one offering a sustainable immigration policy - the same policy every other country in the world enacts.

Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I haven't really defended Hillary...I just loath Trump.

But what are the real issues? Buzz...in your opinion, what are the issues?

Shrinking middle class?
Immigration?
Terrorism?
Russia?
Economy?

I need you to be specific. I'll tell you one thing....I personally don't care to hear from the white community bitching about immigration.

In my experience, first generation people to this country work harder for less.

Get out of here with your racist, white guilt nonsense.  I don't believe the color of your skin or ancestry has dick to do with your potential. The horrors inflicted by or upon your ancestors have no bearing on you. But this country was founded by and built by white people.  Slavery was limited to the south by cotton farmers and had a negligible impact on the economy. Once industrialization came, slaves were worthless.

Every black person in America should be grateful their ancestors were slaves. Name a single African country where your average black is remotely as comfortable and privledged as your average black in America. The Latinos are no different.

I'm 3rd generation German from my fathers side. My grandfather was the first one born in America. He didn't know a word of German, but he happily shot the krauts in WW2.

This bullshit about America being a nation of immigrants is just that, bullshit. I eat the same fucking food anyone with Irish,Italian, English, Polish or any other European ancestry. The same as any black, Latino or Asian person.

We're a nation of laws. I expect outsider to respect our laws and culture just as I adhere to there's when I routinely travel all over the globe.

You may hate Trump because he advocates a position that doesn't enable you to click like and share on Facebook/YouTube and feel like you've accomplished anything. But he's the only one offering a sustainable immigration policy - the same policy every other country in the world enacts.

And now you've been exposed. I knew exactly who you were from the get go, let me use your own words to tell you just how full of shit you and people like you are. This is going to be delicious so let me lick my lips for a few moments while I gather my thoughts.

Using your very own words against you and I quote you say something to the effect of you "don't believe ancestry or skin color should have anything to do with your potential." Then you go on to say that white people are to thank for anything good that's ever happened in this country.  That is the definition of a Donald Trump supporter and also the definition of hypocrisy. Your own words can be used against you because you don't believe shit about what you say. What you believe is that you are entitled. Randall flag is entitled.  Simply because your great grandfather did something to help this country has nothing to do with you. I don't give a shit about your genealogy. I don't give a shit about you. Your contribution has been close to nothing and therefore your need to keep cashing that check of your ancestry is wearing thin.

If you want to talk about lineage and heritage, then I'll share a bit of mine with you. My family has been in this country for well over 100 years. I have Austrian dissent, the most Arianne and white supremacist culture that there ever was in Europe.  Next to Germany, of course.

If you go back very far, I have roots going back to King Henry the eighth of England. He had a wife named Jane Seymour. My mothers maiden name, you guessed it, Seymour.

The Earl of Saint moore was her brother. He ruled over a territory in England but was considered a failure because he deemphasized religion. I have a royalty in my lineage and I still don't buy into this fucking white, Arian fucking America.

You know what I can't stand? Third and fourth and fifth generation Americans riding on the coattails of the hard work of their parents and grandparents. Fuck that and fuck Donald Trump.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I was originally surprised you were voting for Trump to be honest. Now...not so much.

AtariLegend wrote:
Cramer wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I was originally surprised you were voting for Trump to be honest. Now...not so much.

He's said much worse earlier in the thread.

I'm only surprised people didn't pick up on what he was suggesting a decade ago long before Trump.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Cramer wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Horse shit. What I said is factually correct. That doesn't mean I approve of slavery. I obviously don't. But just as my ancestors on my mother's side help settle this country 400 years ago, I'm grateful for the hardships they endured.  That's all I'm saying. Black people wouldn't be in this country in any noticeable number if their ancestors weren't slaves. Their hardship and misfortune allowed their descendants to have an amazing life.

If you want to inject racism into simple fact, I can't help you. It's obvious you and others live in a fantasy world where the past has no connection to the present. I guess it's also racist to point out that had Europeans not conquered the Americas, the continent wouldn't have any of the first world institutions that now dominate it.

Keep pretending that the contributions of Europeans aren't what define the modern world. Electricity, petroleum, the automobile and the internet. My skin color doesn't give me any more claim to their hard work than some black person can claim debt from the crimes committed against their ancestor.

Quit trying to inject racism into every idea simply because it doesn't promote the infantile talking points of modern leftists.

Randall Flagg

AtariLegend wrote:
Cramer wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I'm only surprised people didn't pick up on what he was suggesting a decade ago long before Trump.

Fuck you. I've never said anything that wasn't objectively true. Proving my point once again that when intellectual lightweights are backed into a corner, your only response is to pass out accusations of racism and bigotry. How about you try proving what I said was incorrect.  And when you can't, maybe you should reassess the nonsense you consider the basis for your world views.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Cramer wrote:

Fuck you. I've never said anything that wasn't objectively true. Proving my point once again that when intellectual lightweights are backed into a corner, your only response is to pass out accusations of racism and bigotry. How about you try proving what I said was incorrect.  And when you can't, maybe you should reassess the nonsense you consider the basis for your world views.

Youre the one who is insecure....opinions are not facts....

Randall Flagg

What country in Africa does the normal citizen have a better quality of life than a black citizen in America?

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I guess it's also racist to point out that had Europeans not conquered the Americas, the continent wouldn't have any of the first world institutions that now dominate it.

It's not racist, but it's pretty ridiculous. You're telling us what would have happened if they had not? How on earth would you arrive at such a conclusion?

Randall Flagg

Cramer wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I guess it's also racist to point out that had Europeans not conquered the Americas, the continent wouldn't have any of the first world institutions that now dominate it.

It's not racist, but it's pretty ridiculous. You're telling us what would have happened if they had not? How on earth would you arrive at such a conclusion?

They lacked a written language and domesticated animals. If you have a realistic scenario how they'd gain centuries of information on their own, I'd love to hear it.

Board footer