You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Re: Chris Pitman suing Axl Rose for unpaid 2011 wages

Ragnar wrote:

I don`t know for sure of course, I`m just speculating, I don`t think Axl was broke in 2011-2012. I doubt his cohort of leeches yes, you know who I mean, would have stayed around had Axl been broke.

It`s really difficult to go bankrupt when you`re worth more than 150 million unless of course, you`re Steven Adler. Pitman was useless live but Axl should pay what he owes Pitman for his studio work.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Also....the management seemed to imply they were given samples by a producer and believed they had been cleared by the label...so it might not be pitmans error.

Do you think it is possible that a band's manager would ever say something that was false in order to make his client look better?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Also....the management seemed to imply they were given samples by a producer and believed they had been cleared by the label...so it might not be pitmans error.

Do you think it is possible that a band's manager would ever say something that was false in order to make his client look better?

Sure but if Pitman fucked it up why did Axl do nothing about it for 8 years?

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

At one time Axl viewed Pitman as a valuable member. There have been plenty of complaints through the years from fans who wondered what Axl saw in Pitman. Axl is a strange cat. Marches to the beat of his own drummer.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Axl is a strange cat. Marches to the beat of his own drummer.

I saw what you did there.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

There's a possibility that Axl thought he was paid years ago.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Or that Axl was TOLD he was paid or, even, Axl didn't even know Pitman was owed money. This is mismanagement.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Wasn't it Eric Cardeux who did that intro?

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Well, Ax and Pitman settled the suit.

"Pitman was owed $125,000 for more than a year's worth of work... Axl cried poverty back in 2011 -- and promised to pay Chris Pitman for services rendered ... down the road when he was more flush ... according to the docs. In the suit, he says that amount was supposed to be paid by Oct. 2012."

If Pitman's monthly pay was still around $7k, the debt would've suggested a year and a half of work. They could've agreed to a year-long IOU, meaning the deal was struck around Oct. 2011, before the tour. Pitman's engineering work may have begun in 2009, given the amount of touring in between.

"Another person who’s partied with Rose [in Feb 2010] says he’s working on a new album after last year’s disappointing “Chinese Democracy” — the first Guns N’ Roses studio album in 15 years — and has something to prove."

"We have what I call kind of the second half of Chinese. That’s already recorded. And then we have a remix album made of the songs from Chinese. That’s been done for a while, too." - Axl, 2014

It all points to Axl and Pitman messing about with the CD2 songs in between tour legs around 2009-11. This was when virtually every other band member talked about writing songs and working on stuff. In late 2014, Axl seemed to take on newer material, recording vocals (according to Fortus) and co-tweeting from the studio w/ Pitman.

Therefore, we could make a case that Slash killed CD2. 16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

He'll never have more focus on GNR than right now. If he really wants to unload an album that the general public would give a chance, the circumstances get no better.

By the time the Sac show gets here, we're about to head into 2018 with no material since the reunion....which will be into year two by next April.

Are they really gonna head into 2018 with no release of any kind?

Board footer