You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Cat out of the bag?

buzzsaw wrote:

There have been hints before the famed car wash incident too.  I don't know that any of us know everything, but it's getting to the point that you can't just turn a blind eye to things.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Intercourse wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I interpret it as them merely taking the piss and as a fan I find this amateur hour, Scooby Doo mystery crap still going on in 2015 to be patently absurd.

If you think CD II is on the launch pad, you can "read between the lines". If you think a reunion is on the way, same thing.

That is intentional.

Whatever is going to happen, even if its nothing, I wish they would get proper management.

I absolutely agree. Those tweets are more petulant, childish amateur bollocks.
Professional business people with a duty to marketing their product on social media correctly do not go on like this.
By all means Axl can throw his dollies, he is the artist and his wacky persona is as much a part of the story as the music but management...?

They are very much little picture people, arguing on forums with small communities of diehard fans etc. Can anyone imagine real managers like Paul McGuinness or Peter Mensch wasting their time on such activities?

Cloak and Dagger my cock..I agree with you James..its completely pathetically redundant at this stage and a sign that these people don't have the intellectual horsepower to deliver anything more grown up.

Merck was the same way to an extent. Not nearly as bad though...but close. Also don't forget that during that very short period GNR had real management, the album came out.

Real managers don't fuck around, much less with us forum nuts. Did you see Azoff come to the forums? No. Why? He was too busy lining up Rock Band, that film, and CD's release. He got fired and all we've gotten since are on and off nostalgia tours.

Bring back Azoff!

Good to see ya back Intercourse.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Will, do you ever question anything that happens in GNR world or do you always accept everything at face value ?

I'm questioning the hype surrounding reunion rumors 16 and I'm questioning when we'll next get new music featuring Axl. Both could be potentially years away. I'll join in with the fan enthusiasm when something actually happens

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Real managers don't fuck around, much less with us forum nuts. Did you see Azoff come to the forums? No. Why? He was too busy lining up Rock Band, that film, and CD's release. He got fired and all we've gotten since are on and off nostalgia tours.

Bring back Azoff!

Good to see ya back Intercourse.

Hey James,
I never left to be honest, just lurked. Been taking on the loonies in MyGNR for something to do.
This is always my port of call, you did invite me here back in the days of HTGTH and I always appreciated that.
Strange times for GNR, hope we'll all have lots to discuss soon.

Sky Dog wrote:

I am with Intercourse....I honestly don't believe anything is happening in the near future....album or reunion...would love to be proved wrong but the track record speaks for itself.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I am with Intercourse....

If you'll excuse me, I'll jump in.

Sky Dog wrote:

I honestly don't believe anything is happening in the near future....album or reunion...would love to be proved wrong but the track record speaks for itself.

Yes.

Any movement on Guns front would be welcome with me.
But a reunion in 2016 - and this is November '15.

Axl & Izzy snubbed RRHOF just over three years ago.
It's a long way to the stage from the moment Slash and Axl hug and cry.

johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

I still say Duff rejoins the band, somehow they get Robin back for a year or so, and down the road, Slash pops up on stage and it goes from there.

Yes! Bring back Finck!

johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

Robin makes sense because he was already in the band and there doesn't seem to be any hard feelings, which is not the case with Ron and DJ. I have no idea why this seems to be a sore spot. And if anyone would actually look at Slash's plans its painfully obvious that he could not simply multi task. And he's not going to blow it off. There's no reason to, he and Axl have plans for the next year or so.

And we're really going a little out there on the expectations of a reunion in the near future. If it happens,  I think it will at some point, it will be a while. It's kind of funny that I'm the one being unrealistic, or whatever the problem is, about the possibility, just the possibility, of Robin returning to do a tour or residency, or both.

This guy cracked me up then & it cracks me up now!

johndivney wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Will, do you ever question anything that happens in GNR world or do you always accept everything at face value ?

I don't always agree with Will, but I think that's a silly question.

Assuming you're right Smoking the time to brag will be when the reunion happens, until then it's really crazy to criticize other people for being sceptical about a massive U-turn happening.

Smoking, please feel free to gloat like a motherfucker. Please! Haha!

Board footer