You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 426 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

This is going to get ugly, folks. I'm saying this as a friend to you guys, stay on top of your 401ks and be prepared for a huge economic hit. That's not partisan or scare tactics, it's a real concern. The consequences of this election will be massive. I'm not talking about Trump so much, but his cabinet.

Weren't you the one talking about how bad the markets were going to open today?  How has that turned out?  You'll have to forgive me if I don't take your word for it.

misterID
 Rep: 456 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

This is going to get ugly, folks. I'm saying this as a friend to you guys, stay on top of your 401ks and be prepared for a huge economic hit. That's not partisan or scare tactics, it's a real concern. The consequences of this election will be massive. I'm not talking about Trump so much, but his cabinet.

Weren't you the one talking about how bad the markets were going to open today?  How has that turned out?  You'll have to forgive me if I don't take your word for it.

Take it how you want, those markets were futures, buzz, and it dropped lower than it had on 9/11. Trump isn't president yet. But we're headed for a bad trip.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 112 

Re: US Politics Thread

Axl S wrote:

To James and  Flagg: Do you guys have something against Transexuals?

You phrased it as:

Kinda like how they tell us everyone and their grandma wants a tranny bathroom even though we know damn good and well nobody does

It's not about people wanting it. My question is: Why do you guys NOT want them and are against them?

Bathrooms in general been split is starting to become redundant. If the reasoning for it is to protect each gender from unwanted sexual advances of the other then what gets done about gay and lesbian people?


Because I believe Transgendered to be mentally ill as all the medical books agree.  You can't 'feel' like a man or a woman.  And you sure as hell can't change your sex based on what you feel that day.  It's complete nonsense unsupported by any research.  Yes, they have a problem.  Yes, we should show them empathy and compassion.  Yes, they need help.  But that doesn't mean we should pay to let them butcher themselves (have you read the studies that show no improvement for those who undergo surgery) and we sure as fuck should not be letting 6 year olds start hormone therapy because their mommy and daddy are enlightened liberals. 

If I told you I identified as a shark or Jesus Christ and demanded you not only address me as such, but alter the laws and way society functions to accomodate me, you'd call me fucking insane.  So why should we pretend that men can magically become women because an exceptionally small minority of the population has a bonafide mental illness can ignore that they're ill?

Dress in all the lingerie you want.  If you can afford the surgery, go for it.  But don't expect me to pretend someone with a cock and balls is a woman.

James
 Rep: 625 

Re: US Politics Thread

James wrote:
Axl S wrote:

To James and  Flagg: Do you guys have something against Transexuals?

You phrased it as:

Kinda like how they tell us everyone and their grandma wants a tranny bathroom even though we know damn good and well nobody does

It's not about people wanting it. My question is: Why do you guys NOT want them and are against them?

Bathrooms in general been split is starting to become redundant. If the reasoning for it is to protect each gender from unwanted sexual advances of the other then what gets done about gay and lesbian people?

The problem was the mainstreaming of it. In all previous decades, trannies existed just fine. They were an outer fringe minority and treated as such. It wasn't an issue. Now they want it mainstream and for some reason expected everyone to consider it peaches and cream. It's NOT peaches and cream.

Same thing with the genderfluid nonsense. They expected people to just sit back and let five year old boys wear dresses to school pretending to be a girl just because his idiotic parents want him to be a girl.

Fuck that nonsense. Its time for some normalcy to be brought back.

No one cares what trannies do as long as they do it in the privacy of their own homes.



Democrats, stop saying racism won the election, that's what made you lose.

ID...you're a quick learner. 22

Axl S
 Rep: 96 

Re: US Politics Thread

Axl S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Axl S wrote:

To James and  Flagg: Do you guys have something against Transexuals?

You phrased it as:

Kinda like how they tell us everyone and their grandma wants a tranny bathroom even though we know damn good and well nobody does

It's not about people wanting it. My question is: Why do you guys NOT want them and are against them?

Bathrooms in general been split is starting to become redundant. If the reasoning for it is to protect each gender from unwanted sexual advances of the other then what gets done about gay and lesbian people?

Because I believe Transgendered to be mentally ill as all the medical books agree.  You can't 'feel' like a man or a woman.  And you sure as hell can't change your sex based on what you feel that day.  It's complete nonsense unsupported by any research.  Yes, they have a problem.  Yes, we should show them empathy and compassion.  Yes, they need help.  But that doesn't mean we should pay to let them butcher themselves (have you read the studies that show no improvement for those who undergo surgery) and we sure as fuck should not be letting 6 year olds start hormone therapy because their mommy and daddy are enlightened liberals

If I told you I identified as a shark or Jesus Christ and demanded you not only address me as such, but alter the laws and way society functions to accomodate me, you'd call me fucking insane.  So why should we pretend that men can magically become women because an exceptionally small minority of the population has a bonafide mental illness can ignore that they're ill?

Dress in all the lingerie you want.  If you can afford the surgery, go for it. But don't expect me to pretend someone with a cock and balls is a woman.

When are YOU paying for it?
Who are YOU to dictate how OTHER people raise their kids?
And finally who cares? If you meet someone who is wearing women's clothing and they are biologically male but say they are woman, why do you care. Are they interfering in your life. Doing anything that affects you day to day. Or is it just you don't like seeing and hearing about it?

James Lofton wrote:

The problem was the mainstreaming of it. In all previous decades, trannies existed just fine. They were an outer fringe minority and treated as such. It wasn't an issue. Now they want it mainstream and for some reason expected everyone to consider it peaches and cream. It's NOT peaches and cream.
Same thing with the genderfluid nonsense. They expected people to just sit back and let five year old boys wear dresses to school pretending to be a girl just because his idiotic parents want him to be a girl.
Fuck that nonsense. Its time for some normalcy to be brought back.
No one cares what trannies do as long as they do it in the privacy of their own homes.

Stop calling them trannies. FFS.

And basically, again your complaint is that you have to see and hear about this stuff and that bothers you. Not that it actually interferes with your life in anyway. From your POV they are fine as long as they are out of sight and out of mind.

Also, why do there have to be clothes for men and clothes for women. If a boy sees  a dress and thinks that looks cool, why shouldn't he be allowed to like it. Are we just supoosed to tell him he's wrong and keep giving him GI JOE figures until he likes the "right" stuff.



Sorry guys, I just don't get how any of this shit is affecting your lives and why it bothers the two of you.

James
 Rep: 625 

Re: US Politics Thread

James wrote:

They've been called trannies for decades....even referred to themselves as such. Is this the part where we pretend to give them new names? Don't bother because that nonsense is ending and would be a waste of time.

When bathrooms start popping up for them, forced to see it in real life and on TV, yes it impacts peoples lives. When parents have to explain this crap to their children, yes it impacts their lives. KIndergartners should not have to see little boys pretending to be girls and be told that its normal.

Some people wont be happy until the bottom completely drops out of society. Thankfully the gods intervened to stop this from happening.

slcpunk
 Rep: 156 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Where did everyone go?


Not everybody is going to vote for Clinton, and then come back and gloat that Trump won the election like you did.

Your behavior is puzzling. Not long ago you posted a lengthy narrative about why voting for Hillary was ultimately the best option even though you were a conservative. The moment it appeared Trump may win you jumped back over the fence and acted like you were with him the whole time. Doesn't say much for your convictions. Guess it's more about winning?

slcpunk
 Rep: 156 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

They've been called trannies for decades....even referred to themselves as such. Is this the part where we pretend to give them new names? Don't bother because that nonsense is ending and would be a waste of time.

When bathrooms start popping up for them, forced to see it in real life and on TV, yes it impacts peoples lives. When parents have to explain this crap to their children, yes it impacts their lives. KIndergartners should not have to see little boys pretending to be girls and be told that its normal.

Some people wont be happy until the bottom completely drops out of society. Thankfully the gods intervened to stop this from happening.

The GOP argue that the transexual population is minuscule, but at the same time bemoan their hostile takeover of our public restrooms. How big of a problem can this really be then?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 112 

Re: US Politics Thread

Axl S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Axl S wrote:

To James and  Flagg: Do you guys have something against Transexuals?

You phrased it as:



It's not about people wanting it. My question is: Why do you guys NOT want them and are against them?

Bathrooms in general been split is starting to become redundant. If the reasoning for it is to protect each gender from unwanted sexual advances of the other then what gets done about gay and lesbian people?

Because I believe Transgendered to be mentally ill as all the medical books agree.  You can't 'feel' like a man or a woman.  And you sure as hell can't change your sex based on what you feel that day.  It's complete nonsense unsupported by any research.  Yes, they have a problem.  Yes, we should show them empathy and compassion.  Yes, they need help.  But that doesn't mean we should pay to let them butcher themselves (have you read the studies that show no improvement for those who undergo surgery) and we sure as fuck should not be letting 6 year olds start hormone therapy because their mommy and daddy are enlightened liberals

If I told you I identified as a shark or Jesus Christ and demanded you not only address me as such, but alter the laws and way society functions to accomodate me, you'd call me fucking insane.  So why should we pretend that men can magically become women because an exceptionally small minority of the population has a bonafide mental illness can ignore that they're ill?

Dress in all the lingerie you want.  If you can afford the surgery, go for it. But don't expect me to pretend someone with a cock and balls is a woman.

When are YOU paying for it?
Who are YOU to dictate how OTHER people raise their kids?
And finally who cares? If you meet someone who is wearing women's clothing and they are biologically male but say they are woman, why do you care. Are they interfering in your life. Doing anything that affects you day to day. Or is it just you don't like seeing and hearing about it?

James Lofton wrote:

The problem was the mainstreaming of it. In all previous decades, trannies existed just fine. They were an outer fringe minority and treated as such. It wasn't an issue. Now they want it mainstream and for some reason expected everyone to consider it peaches and cream. It's NOT peaches and cream.
Same thing with the genderfluid nonsense. They expected people to just sit back and let five year old boys wear dresses to school pretending to be a girl just because his idiotic parents want him to be a girl.
Fuck that nonsense. Its time for some normalcy to be brought back.
No one cares what trannies do as long as they do it in the privacy of their own homes.

Stop calling them trannies. FFS.

And basically, again your complaint is that you have to see and hear about this stuff and that bothers you. Not that it actually interferes with your life in anyway. From your POV they are fine as long as they are out of sight and out of mind.

Also, why do there have to be clothes for men and clothes for women. If a boy sees  a dress and thinks that looks cool, why shouldn't he be allowed to like it. Are we just supoosed to tell him he's wrong and keep giving him GI JOE figures until he likes the "right" stuff.



Sorry guys, I just don't get how any of this shit is affecting your lives and why it bothers the two of you.

Have you done much research on this subject or just browsing articles on Salon celebrating diversity?  Gender dysmorphia is a bonafide mental illness.  The vast, vast majority of transgendered also suffer from depression and have the highest suicide rate.  As a result, most are incredibly poor and rely on medicaid.  If they were to remove this from the mental illness list, medicaid would no longer cover their surgery.  The statistics and research don't show any positive net benefit to having the surgery, and if you've been paying attention, "appearing" as a woman isn't a requirement.  That's why Harvard voted to put maxi pads in mens bathrooms - a penis is no longer a tell tale sign of being a man, but apparently a bleeding vagina now is. 

Child abuse is a thing.  A 6 year old has no understanding of sex or the made up concept of gender identity.  These are kids in kindergarten and while incredibly rare, parents are finding quack doctors who think it's okay to permanently alter their body chemistry on the guess that the kid is trans-gendered (as opposed to gay which numerous studies have suggested is the case).  If I had a 14 year old lesbian daughter and chose to send her away to pray away the gay, would you still say "Why do you care.  It's his kid!"?

I don't care what they do in public or private.  I care that of a guy with a duck dynasty beard can walk into a teenage girls' locker room and claim to be a woman that day.  I care that my tax dollars are going to fund surgeries that are not based in any sound science but are appealing to progressive fantasies on how biology works.  And I really care that people are being programmed to call anyone who doesn't toe the line a bigot.

Axl S
 Rep: 96 

Re: US Politics Thread

Axl S wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

They've been called trannies for decades....even referred to themselves as such. Is this the part where we pretend to give them new names? Don't bother because that nonsense is ending and would be a waste of time.

When bathrooms start popping up for them, forced to see it in real life and on TV, yes it impacts peoples lives. When parents have to explain this crap to their children, yes it impacts their lives. KIndergartners should not have to see little boys pretending to be girls and be told that its normal.

Some people wont be happy until the bottom completely drops out of society. Thankfully the gods intervened to stop this from happening.

Why does it matter if kids see it?
Fundamental misunderstanding, to these people it's not pretending.
Why is it bad if parents have to explain this to their kids - Is there a problem with parents having to explain why some men kiss men and some women kiss women? Why is this different?

What's dangerous about having to explain any of this stuff? None of it is sexual so all that's happening is kids learn that boys can like boys and girls and vice versa. And that even though some people are born masculine/feminine they may prefer to think of themselves the other way. None of that shit is earthshatteringly dangerous and without an explanation as to why it is I'm afraid that you just come across as intolerant.

And black people were called niggers for decades, and even called themselves that and that was "just the way it was". What kind of argument is that?! It's not looking for a new name, just show 'em some respect and called them transgendered or transexuals. Not trannies.


I disagree with Randall fundamentally on this (apart from the hormone treatment, shouldn't pump drugs into kids till they're old enough to understand- but if they wanna wear a dress let 'em), but at least he's coming at this from an angle of concern and trying to discuss why he thinks this might be bad and is giving reasons.  You're argument boils down to "wah, it's different and not the way things used to be, wah".

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB