You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Baseball

mitchejw wrote:

The jubilation in Chicago right now is indescribable

AtariLegend wrote:
johndivney wrote:

I did actually fall asleep. I woke up and they were still playing.

What did you expect from a game of cricket tongue?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm still drunk. Won't sober up until spring training.

Been a DIEHARD Cubs fan for 30 years. Grew up with Harry & Stoney & Ryno & Mad Dog & Hawk & Dunston & Gracie & Sammy & Woody....

The Cubbies winning and the way they won... I won't come down from this cloud for... I don't know.

Go Cubs Go, and congrats to the Tribe on a helluva series. Hendricks (Maddux, Jr.) should win the Cy Young.

11 9

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

So I'm surprised Steve Bartman never made an appearance?!  I woulda thought he'd be given a hero's welcome in forgiveness.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

So I'm surprised Steve Bartman never made an appearance?!  I woulda thought he'd be given a hero's welcome in forgiveness.

Actually...it's kind of funny...

they talked about it a few times along the ways of the playoffs...

apparently he was invited and the whole purpose was to make amends...I think most people in Chicago want to make amends with Bartman...that was a sad display.

Apparently they've been inviting him for years and he always declines. He says he just wants to be left alone.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

apparently he was invited and the whole purpose was to make amends...I think most people in Chicago want to make amends with Bartman...that was a sad display.

Apparently they've been inviting him for years and he always declines. He says he just wants to be left alone.

I can't blame the guy. The way he was treated was completely unacceptable. I'd give them a great big FU too if I were him. Buckner was able to make amends with Red Sox fans after they finally won, but that was nearly 2 decades later. He was forced out of town and had to move his family to Iowa. And he was a player. Bartman was just a fan who did what many fans would, and did do in that very moment. Yet he became the reason they lost. He had to be ushered out by security that night for his own safety. He received death threats and had to move and go into hiding pretty much. I'd want absolutely nothing to do with the Cubs after that. I'm sure he stills roots for them, but in private. I'd probably find it difficult to even do that much.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
faldor wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I can't blame the guy. The way he was treated was completely unacceptable. I'd give them a great big FU too if I were him. Buckner was able to make amends with Red Sox fans after they finally won, but that was nearly 2 decades later. He was forced out of town and had to move his family to Iowa. And he was a player. Bartman was just a fan who did what many fans would, and did do in that very moment. Yet he became the reason they lost. He had to be ushered out by security that night for his own safety. He received death threats and had to move and go into hiding pretty much. I'd want absolutely nothing to do with the Cubs after that. I'm sure he stills roots for them, but in private. I'd probably find it difficult to even do that much.

I can totally understand that. One detail that might be interesting to you is that I have heard he actually still attends Cubs games at wrigley. He just does it like any other fan would.

They banished Buckner to Iowa? No one deserves that!

Board footer