You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:

Hillary didn't do anything like that. Total false equivalency. She wasn't trying to bend or break the rules, she took the advice of an advisor who said it was okay. There was never any seriously classified material. There was never ever a smoking gun. Nothing close to what you mentioned. No wife fucking.

Im glad you're qualified to dictate what is really "classified" material. But if something is marked "secret" or "top secret" or originated from a classified system (like drone footage) it's classified.

Here's your smoking gun:

http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/clinton … le/2579993

Feel free to look for alternate sources. But there's no room for discussion on this topic. You're free to say you don't care or it didn't matter. But the law is the law and Hillary Clinton lost the election because of her actions. Not some article 30k people on facebook read.

I don't want Russia involved in our elections either. But I don't make much of a distinction between articles written by the KGB or Al Jazeera. They're both foreign organizations.

I don't want dishonest media either. But how many of your favorite sites are claiming Sioux burial grounds are being destroyed, despite it being demonstrably false.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

Hillary didn't do anything like that. Total false equivalency. She wasn't trying to bend or break the rules, she took the advice of an advisor who said it was okay. There was never any seriously classified material. There was never ever a smoking gun. Nothing close to what you mentioned. No wife fucking.

Im glad you're qualified to dictate what is really "classified" material. But if something is marked "secret" or "top secret" or originated from a classified system (like drone footage) it's classified.

Here's your smoking gun:

Feel free to look for alternate sources. But there's no room for discussion on this topic. You're free to say you don't care or it didn't matter. But the law is the law and Hillary Clinton lost the election because of her actions. Not some article 30k people on facebook read.

I don't want Russia involved in our elections either. But I don't make much of a distinction between articles written by the KGB or Al Jazeera. They're both foreign organizations.

I don't want dishonest media either. But how many of your favorite sites are claiming Sioux burial grounds are being destroyed, despite it being demonstrably false.

The problem I've had with all of this from the get go RF is that there are so many politicians that do this...why did she get singled out?

Private e-mail servers for politicians and the arbitrary rules surrounding "secret" or "top secret" are ignored more frequently than not.

Even still...2 million more voters voted for Hillary than Trump....and the ever so slight majority of this country hates Trump so much that they're willing to waste $5 milllion on a recount. That's how much Trump hate there is out there....it's real.....it's very very real.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

It was real in 2008 when the birther bullshit was led by Trump. It was real in 2010 when the tea party allowed the GOP to take over the house.

I think both of these groups are fucking retards. But at least the Tea Party, under the Koch brothers, were able to organize and have an historic election.  I don't think those who hate Trump will be able to do the same thing.  The protests have nearly ended, but blocking traffic and behaving like a toddler doesn't do anything to win people over.

The people out being assholes didn't even vote. That's the problem. And it's not new. The young are always your most idealistic and irrational, but they're also the laziest and least organized. And this same group heavily favored Bernie, who wasn't given a fair game.  Had Clinton carried these people like Obama did, she would have won. Again, it all goes back to her.  I've always believed that Bill Clinton didn't win so much in 92 rather than George H. Bush lost it. I think that applies here too. Trump didn't win, Hillary lost it.

She refused to do an interview or talk unscripted for 6 months. Meanwhile Trump is on tv or Skype with anyone who will have him. She let Trump happen. She rigged the primary. She bent the law with her emails and donations. She never came across as likable. She rightfully or not, came from the most scandal ridden family in American history. 

The people love Obama and his down to earth demeanor. People loved her husband. He did a campaign stop in my hometown that went 80% Trump. People who voted for Trump waited to shake his hand because they liked Bill Clinton that much and would vote for him if they could. She didn't capture any of that. She presented herself and was received as the expert to keep everything going the same direction. But the people of the heartland didn't want to stay on the same direction that continued to marginalize them and mock them behind closed doors.  Burger King tastes fucking good, and an ice cold Miller Lite is fantastic after a long day cutting grass.  I hope people that agree will start being listened to and not viewed as an irrelevant, outdated demographic.

Yes, she won the popular vote. But that's irrelevant.  The rules of the game are the electoral college. It's safe to say both candidates would have campaigned differently if the popular vote was how we elected the president. But the constitution is quite clear on the matter and you're never going to get "fly over" country to agree to amend it. So it's pointless to point out the conclusion of a game we're not playing.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

It was real in 2008 when the birther bullshit was led by Trump. It was real in 2010 when the tea party allowed the GOP to take over the house.

I think both of these groups are fucking retards. But at least the Tea Party, under the Koch brothers, were able to organize and have an historic election.  I don't think those who hate Trump will be able to do the same thing.  The protests have nearly ended, but blocking traffic and behaving like a toddler doesn't do anything to win people over.

The people out being assholes didn't even vote. That's the problem. And it's not new. The young are always your most idealistic and irrational, but they're also the laziest and least organized. And this same group heavily favored Bernie, who wasn't given a fair game.  Had Clinton carried these people like Obama did, she would have won. Again, it all goes back to her.  I've always believed that Bill Clinton didn't win so much in 92 rather than George H. Bush lost it. I think that applies here too. Trump didn't win, Hillary lost it.

She refused to do an interview or talk unscripted for 6 months. Meanwhile Trump is on tv or Skype with anyone who will have him. She let Trump happen. She rigged the primary. She bent the law with her emails and donations. She never came across as likable. She rightfully or not, came from the most scandal ridden family in American history. 

The people love Obama and his down to earth demeanor. People loved her husband. He did a campaign stop in my hometown that went 80% Trump. People who voted for Trump waited to shake his hand because they liked Bill Clinton that much and would vote for him if they could. She didn't capture any of that. She presented herself and was received as the expert to keep everything going the same direction. But the people of the heartland didn't want to stay on the same direction that continued to marginalize them and mock them behind closed doors.  Burger King tastes fucking good, and an ice cold Miller Lite is fantastic after a long day cutting grass.  I hope people that agree will start being listened to and not viewed as an irrelevant, outdated demographic.

Yes, she won the popular vote. But that's irrelevant.  The rules of the game are the electoral college. It's safe to say both candidates would have campaigned differently if the popular vote was how we elected the president. But the constitution is quite clear on the matter and you're never going to get "fly over" country to agree to amend it. So it's pointless to point out the conclusion of a game we're not playing.

I'm not arguing to abolish the electoral college...those are the rules of the game and the only argument I've heard to abolish it comes post hoc from the losers.

With regard to your point about Hillary being a terrible candidate....I'm beginning to concede on this point in your direction. I've spent the last few days in Wisconsin and I've been reminded of a couple of things.

Most important, she didn't spend one minute in this state during the election campaign. Not one! How fucking stupid?! How dare anyone be so arrogant to treat a state that was likely going to go for her in such a way. if she would have done her due diligence.....but again, couldn't be bothered.

When I learned that...I was immediately disgusted. I can only imagine the same was true in Pennsylvania and Michigan.

People didn't come out and vote for her because she couldn't be bothered to show her fucking face.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

So Paul Ryan can't wait to "overhaul" Medicare. And what does his plan look like?

Pretty much identical to Obamacare.

Can't make this stuff up.

Anybody else move everything to cash yet?  I'll take my gains, sit on the sidelines and see how this plays out. Overbought, interest rate rise on the horizon, and a man who is synonymous with instability. Thanks but no thanks.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

I noticed a lot of conservatives were repeating this meme over the last week or so, but to have a President Elect repeating LIES whipped up by far right websites with absolutely zero evidence is seriously fucked up. In fact the only fraudulent voters who were arrested were Trump supporters. This is unbelievable to me...but I guess perhaps it's not. Given the fact free age we live in, I guess this is business as usual. SMFH.

liar.png

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

I noticed a lot of conservatives were repeating this meme over the last week or so, but to have a President Elect repeating LIES whipped up by far right websites with absolutely zero evidence is seriously fucked up. In fact the only fraudulent voters who were arrested were Trump supporters. This is unbelievable to me...but I guess perhaps it's not. Given the fact free age we live in, I guess this is business as usual. SMFH.

https://s12.postimg.org/3nthhxld9/liar.png

None of this should surprise us anymore, slc....trump and his ilk has used propaganda and the media to lead us to believe in an alternate universe.

He is such a little bitch that he actually has to re-manipulate his minions by telling yet another outrageous lie...which the  Trumplicans will swallow hook, line and sinker.

To have the audacity to allege that millions of people voted illegally simply because those people didn't vote for him isn't a leader to me.

These are the moments when he looks like a total butch to me...not a leader

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

Anybody else move everything to cash yet?  I'll take my gains, sit on the sidelines and see how this plays out. Overbought, interest rate rise on the horizon, and a man who is synonymous with instability. Thanks but no thanks.

I'll be buying to take advantage of the chicken littles.  You don't win the market by sitting back and seeing what happens.  What happens over the long haul is always gains...even with bigger bumps in the road than Donald Trump.  Unless you're close to retirement, you are playing the market absolutely wrong.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

Here's your smoking gun:

Oh, bullshit, man. The smoking gun was about a foreign political leader who died. You guys need to keep things in context, because this sure as shit is not on the same level as selling guns to Iran and feigning ignorance about it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

So Paul Ryan can't wait to "overhaul" Medicare. And what does his plan look like?

Pretty much identical to Obamacare.

Can't make this stuff up.

Have you seen that series the 80s on CNN? They were showing Reagan coming into office and cutting all the regulations. He showed up on Wall Street bragging about it, all the traders were chanting Reagan's name...and of course it all fucking exploded. Like Déjà vu. Yeah, I'll be sitting with you.

Board footer