You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

It answers that you didn't read it;

From the Hillary article;

second paragraph;

It isn't yet clear how that hacking would have taken place, in such a way to ensure that Donald Trump won the vote

final paragraph;

probably weren't a consequence of the cyber attack

You're posting stuff from twitter pollux without reading it.

I posted two headlines. Did you read them? I see one of them saying 'no' and the other saying 'yes' on the exact same subject, a couple of weeks apart. The headline is the most important part of the article because the majority of readers don't go beyond it. So I have presented you with a crystal clear example of media mental gymnastics.

And when I do give you the courtesy and take the 5 minutes reading that rubbish, the articles both clearly state that election fraud in October was highly improbable, while now it is certainly possible. Nowhere was it implied that either of these definitely did or did not take place, which is the dichotomy you need to declare all of this 'false'.

It truly is click bait...not an ounce of substance - maybe 500 words to say almost nothing.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It needs to be mentioned about the onslaught of fake news permeating the web and even being pushed by members of this forum. A guy went into a Washington pizza place yesterday with three guns, started firing, demanding where all the child sex slaves they were hiding for Hillary Clinton were. General Floyd's son was tweeting this very news story during the election. Can we have an agreement we will no longer post unsubstantiated stories from murky, unknown and plain out crazy news websites? It's getting to the point that it's not only misleading but getting dangerous.

The Hill

Carrier union leader: Trump 'lied his ass off' about deal
© Getty
President-elect Donald Trump "lied his ass off" about the terms of the deal to keep Carrier manufacturing jobs in the United States, the Carrier union's president said Tuesday.

United Steelworkers 1999 President Chuck Jones was optimistic when Trump first promised to save the jobs of 1,350 workers at Carrier's Indiana plant, The Washington Post reports. Carrier had originally planned to move the jobs to Mexico, but decided to keep 730 of the jobs in Indiana after receiving $7 million in tax breaks from the state, where Vice President-elect Mike Pence is governor.

Jones told the Post that he hoped Trump would explain at a Dec. 1 meeting that 550 of the Carrier jobs weren't saved.

“But he got up there,” Jones said, “and, for whatever reason, lied his ass off.”

At a celebratory rally last week, Trump praised the deal, telling the press, "Now they’re keeping — actually the number’s over 1,100 people,” he said, “which is so great.”

Jones said the numbers of jobs saved reported by Trump and Pence were misleading and included positions that weren't slated to move to Mexico.

“Trump and Pence, they pulled a dog and pony show on the numbers,” Jones said. “I almost threw up in my mouth.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- … about-deal

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Can we have an agreement we will no longer post unsubstantiated stories from murky, unknown and plain out crazy news websites?

That's going to leave you short of sources I think.

Unless you really meant to say "websites not pushing a liberal narrative".

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Trump Announces Sprint Agreement to Invest $50 Billion in US and Create 50,000 Jobs

President-elect Donald Trump announced on Tuesday afternoon in Trump Tower that Sprint Corp. had agreed to invest $50 billion in the United States and create 50,000 new jobs!

Trump met with Masayoshi Son, who is chairman of Sprint and CEO of SoftBank Group Corp at the Trump Tower today.
trump-sprint

The KC Star reported:

President-elect Donald Trump said Tuesday that the Tokyo-based parent company of Sprint Corp. has agreed to invest $50 billion and create 50,000 jobs in the United States.

Trump made the remarks standing beside Masayoshi Son, who is chairman of Sprint and CEO of SoftBank Group Corp. that owns more than 80 percent of Sprint. The Overland Park-based wireless carrier was not mentioned in a brief video of Trump’s comments that ABC posted on Twitter.

Trump made the announcement this afternoon

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/12 … obs-video/

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

polluxlm wrote:

Can we have an agreement we will no longer post unsubstantiated stories from murky, unknown and plain out crazy news websites?

That would rob them of anything from Media Matters, Salon, HuffPo, Vox and MotherJones to name a few.  Then any of their random OpEd pieces where some parent who promised their child the world is now in tears and telling their kid to stay strong as they're sent to Auschwitz.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I think MisterID proved that fake news has been demonstratively worse on the right.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Once again I'm impressed how the left just flips the narrative. For a year now they are the ones who have been under fire for all their fake news reporting. The President even made it a part of his campaign. Not a peep from the left about this then.

And now suddenly the right are the culprits of this? Don't you all see how silly and, well, fake this comes off? Just throw back any accusations made?

Let's just take the last few months:

Bill was a rapist
No, Trump is the rapist!
Bill was buddy with Epstein
No, Trump is the pedo!
Hillary will rig the election
No, Trump rigged the election!
Podesta is a Satanist
No, Trump is the satanist!

It's as if a bot wrote it.

misterID

misterID wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Bullshit. I'm not even sure you actually read the drivel you post outside the headline, let alone put any thought in who published it.

Randall Flagg wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

That would rob them of anything from Media Matters, Salon, HuffPo, Vox and MotherJones to name a few.  Then any of their random OpEd pieces where some parent who promised their child the world is now in tears and telling their kid to stay strong as they're sent to Auschwitz.

More bullshit. I posted one story from Mother Jones and you had a hissy fit. I mostly post Politifact articles. Sorry.

misterID

misterID wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Once again I'm impressed how the left just flips the narrative. For a year now they are the ones who have been under fire for all their fake news reporting. The President even made it a part of his campaign. Not a peep from the left about this then.

And now suddenly the right are the culprits of this? Don't you all see how silly and, well, fake this comes off? Just throw back any accusations made?

Let's just take the last few months:

Bill was a rapist
No, Trump is the rapist!
Bill was buddy with Epstein
No, Trump is the pedo!
Hillary will rig the election
No, Trump rigged the election!
Podesta is a Satanist
No, Trump is the satanist!

It's as if a bot wrote it.

See, this is where adults know the difference in what's real and what's fake because rational adults dont spend the majority of their time in crazy pants land.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Can we rename the threat US Politics instead of 2016 Election Thread since we're now post election?

Board footer