You are not logged in. Please register or login.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

Re: Will we hear new music in 2017?

esoterica wrote:

Do you think GN'R will release any new music in 2017?

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

I don`t think so. if Axl has plans to release music, 2018 is the most likely. P. S. Happy New Year everyone.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Nope. This is a joke

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

of course we will, exactly as in the years that passed smile

oh wait...

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Yamcha wrote:

Rather unlikely...

Do covers qualify as 'new music'? tongue

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Speaking of Covers, Axl and Slash could do a great job on the Christmas Carol "What Child is This".

Halford did a version but I think Slash and Axl could do it even better.

https://youtu.be/FccHGngOGDE

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Speaking of Covers, Axl and Slash could do a great job on the Christmas Carol "What Child is This".

FUCK NO!

Christmas music is the most jumping the shark a band can do.

Like do I think Guns N' Roses will conquer the music world again? Likely not. But, releasing an X-Mas song is sooooooooooooooooo fucking lame.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

FUCK NO!

Christmas music is the most jumping the shark a band can do.

Like do I think Guns N' Roses will conquer the music world again? Likely not. But, releasing an X-Mas song is sooooooooooooooooo fucking lame.

Bro, I agree, just saying Axl and Slash could do a great version of that song. Jumping the shark is playing the fucking Seeker during the encore. Wow. That is fucking shit. At least "What Child is This" is a great song. What the fuck is "The Seeker". FILLER

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Uggghhh, that Halford cover is atrocious. I'm sick of metal doing soft covers. It's silly & been done too much. I agree Christmas music is cheesy, esp when they do it like this. Wieland always annoyed me with his egg nog by the fireplace wearing a sweater & scarf music. I do like the rock originals which mix in the Holidays, Blink 182 & The Killers have songs which come to mind.

Back OT, a soundtrack release wouldn't surprise me. It would have to be for a blockbuster movie. Not sure whats coming out this summer. A single & a cover tho, but we'll see. Who would an old band cover tho, an older band, or a younger/new band.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Back OT, a soundtrack release wouldn't surprise me. It would have to be for a blockbuster movie. Not sure whats coming out this summer. A single & a cover tho, but we'll see. Who would an old band cover tho, an older band, or a younger/new band.

Ridley Scott's Alien Covenant. Or maybe Silkworms can make it's debut in Blade Runner 2049.

I think if we see a new song it's a single like Doom and Gloom to keep the coffers stuffed.

Board footer