You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

We need to call the FBI and CIA that Atari Legend has an opinion he is expressing on the US election.  I know Obama was in the UK advocating against Brexit, I know Obama used tax payer dollars to influence the Israeli election.  But Russia releasing documents from the DNC is a bridge too far.  It's the worst attack since 9/11.

Randall Flagg

Smoking Guns wrote:

Trump is very foolish to reply to this shit. Just shut the Fuck up already Trump!!

I disagree on this point.  Yes, he needs to get the fuck off twitter and ignore 99% of the shit out there.  But claims he mocked a disabled reporter just aren't true. 

Don't attack his policies, attack his demeanor.  It's a method for losers who are unable to defend their own positions. 

Yes, we should should limit immigration from terrorist hot beds until we can say with great confidence they won't be  a threat.

Yes, we have a border and we should defend it.

Yes, our primary focus should be on America and Americans.

Notice how people won't argue against those ideas.  They just call them racist because coming out and saying "we shouldn't have a border and anyone who wants to enter the US should be allowed" isn't a defensible position.  So yell racist and you don't have to show everyone how insane your beliefs are.

You want to attack Trump for some of the really stupid shit he said, start with his comments on John McCain.  You don't need to fabricate shit to make him look bad.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

You want to attack Trump for some of the really stupid shit he said, start with his comments on John McCain.  You don't need to fabricate shit to make him look bad.

I honestly thought that was going to be the end of his primary run.

Randall Flagg

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I honestly thought that was going to be the end of his primary run.

Me too.  if the GOP had been more like the DNC and put its foot down on their candidates, Trump never would have been elected.  I have a feeling they won't be making that mistake again.  I'm not going to say Trump is the end of the world until he actually starts to fuck shit up. Appointing qualified people (for the most part, still confused about Carson) who share his business acumen, isn't a radical proposition. 

A lot of pundits said they cried wolf during 2008 and 2012, and that they were finally serious in 2016.  If they scream murder at everything Trump does, they're going to harm themselves when they really want to be taken serious when Trump does something really stupid.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Trump is very foolish to reply to this shit. Just shut the Fuck up already Trump!!

But he's not going to shut up, he's actually getting worse the closer he gets to the presidency. What is he going to do when the first big problem arises? His rubes will go along with anything he says, but you can only blame the media for so long when you have actual responsibility.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I disagree on this point.  Yes, he needs to get the fuck off twitter and ignore 99% of the shit out there.  But claims he mocked a disabled reporter just aren't true. 

Don't attack his policies, attack his demeanor.  It's a method for losers who are unable to defend their own positions. 

Yes, we should should limit immigration from terrorist hot beds until we can say with great confidence they won't be  a threat.

Yes, we have a border and we should defend it.

Yes, our primary focus should be on America and Americans.

Notice how people won't argue against those ideas.  They just call them racist because coming out and saying "we shouldn't have a border and anyone who wants to enter the US should be allowed" isn't a defensible position.  So yell racist and you don't have to show everyone how insane your beliefs are.

I don't know how you can look at that and not clearly see he's mocking the mans arm disfiguration. You can convince yourself of anything, then.

For a brief moment today, I actually felt sorry for Trump. I don't know how he will keep this up for 4 years.  The more he responds like this the more he reinforces the idea that he can be fucked with.

Then I woke up and realized it was Donald Trump. He brings this on himself and he can't help himself. The behavior in the quorum of a president of this country has to be taken into consideration.

It's not as simple as just debating policy. To argue about trumps merits of policy would be futile at this point because he's implemented nothing. And I don't believe  selecting a bunch of people from Goldman Sachs really makes him a genius at filling his cabinet either.

I was initially intrigued by his potential new tax system, however I see that in addition to reducing everyone's taxes he's also getting a read of many complicated deductions. I don't really know how that will affect me, but I can easily see a scenario that includes  The same amount of taxes if you don't include deductions. That's my critique so far.

Randall Flagg

So you criticize him for using the deductions then get upset that he's going to remove them?

I'm very much in favor of reforming the tax code. Too many deductions and the system is easily gamed. I make enough money I'm sure I'm pissing away thousands each year, but I do a quick 1040 every year myself. Nothing deducted for charity or other things. Kind of defeats the purpose. I hope this becomes more main stream. Pay your fair share and what you owe.

If I hadn't seen the original video where he used the same hand gestures to describe someone before and after he discusses the reporter, I'd believe it was malice too. But that seems to be Trumps ways of describing someone who is flustered. So in this case, I don't believe he was mocking the disabled.

But like I said earlier,  you don't need to search far to find offensive shit Trump actually said and meant.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I like Trump but prefer he stay off of Twitter and stop getting in meaningless arguments with individuals. He doesn't need that shit.  Right now he is acting like Rant Axl. He needs to be more like recluse Axl.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

So you criticize him for using the deductions then get upset that he's going to remove them?

I'm very much in favor of reforming the tax code. Too many deductions and the system is easily gamed. I make enough money I'm sure I'm pissing away thousands each year, but I do a quick 1040 every year myself. Nothing deducted for charity or other things. Kind of defeats the purpose. I hope this becomes more main stream. Pay your fair share and what you owe.

I'm not criticizing...I'm saying, how is this going to effect me? Let's say he reduces my taxes from 33 to 25 percent as he says he will do for small business owners. If he removes all of my deductions...that's not really a tax decrease is it?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

McConnel pushing through trump cabinet picks without vetting....this guy is absolute scum. He behaved abysmally for 8 years, wouldn't even hold a vote on Garland...defied precedent over and over again.

This is exactly why I despise the Republican Party...they held the country hostage for 6 years and now this...

Board footer