You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Yea, I can't find any mainstream outlets with this story. I did find this tidbit from Obama's press secretary on NBC:

"You can imagine why these kinds of interactions may have taken place, why the incoming national security adviser may have the need to contact the representative of a foreign government based here in Washington D.C.," Earnest told reporters Friday. "It depends on what they discussed…in terms of whether or not we would have significant objections about those conversations."

The standard of evidence you guys rely on and flirtation with conspiracy makes me wonder if you guys all went off your meds at once.

But....but....but....BENGHAZI!!!!!???? and and e-mails.....and....and....BENGHAZI!!!!!!! and............e-mails!!!!!!

You still at it?

You really are a stupid mother fucker.  No wonder everything you think and predict turns out to be complete shit. You took a lot of dicks to the face as a youngster didn't you?  Probably gagged on one and went too long without oxygen to your brain.  Make sure your private nurse fastens your helmet extra tight. Wouldn't want you to take any more hits to the head while you take it from behind.

But...but...Obama is a Muslim....and...and....he's not a US citizen!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Yea, I can't find any mainstream outlets with this story. I did find this tidbit from Obama's press secretary on NBC:

"You can imagine why these kinds of interactions may have taken place, why the incoming national security adviser may have the need to contact the representative of a foreign government based here in Washington D.C.," Earnest told reporters Friday. "It depends on what they discussed…in terms of whether or not we would have significant objections about those conversations."

The standard of evidence you guys rely on and flirtation with conspiracy makes me wonder if you guys all went off your meds at once.

But....but....but....BENGHAZI!!!!!???? and and e-mails.....and....and....BENGHAZI!!!!!!! and............e-mails!!!!!!

You still at it?

You really are a stupid mother fucker.  No wonder everything you think and predict turns out to be complete shit. You took a lot of dicks to the face as a youngster didn't you?  Probably gagged on one and went too long without oxygen to your brain.  Make sure your private nurse fastens your helmet extra tight. Wouldn't want you to take any more hits to the head while you take it from behind.

You really should have voted for Trump, because this is the very definition of a Trump supporter. You are acting like a baby, and hurl insults because of your own lack of ambition to looker deeper than your own conservative nonsense allows you.

http://www.npr.org/2017/01/14/509814825 … -announced

http://www.businessinsider.com/michael- … voy-2017-1

This literally took longer to cut & paste than it was to find it.

Obama and his administration are being very nice to the Trumpsters. No one wants to say he's actively being inappropriate, but, yah never know.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

You still at it?

But...but...Obama is a Muslim....and...and....he's not a US citizen!

But but you can't make an argument. Trump. Popular vote. BLM.  Black thugs in Chicago who don't know who their fathers are might get shot for just trying to rob someone!  Transgender people might not be able to poop in the stall they want and will kill themselves. Some illegal who doesn't speak English and swam the Rio Grande might get sent home!  Trump might come to Chicago and make people follow the law. Bernie was a smart man!

I'll be in Chicago next week. I'll look for you on the corner asking for a handout.

Randall Flagg

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

You still at it?

You really should have voted for Trump, because this is the very definition of a Trump supporter. You are acting like a baby, and hurl insults because of your own lack of ambition to looker deeper than your own conservative nonsense allows you.

http://www.npr.org/2017/01/14/509814825 … -announced

http://www.businessinsider.com/michael- … voy-2017-1

This literally took longer to cut & paste than it was to find it.

Obama and his administration are being very nice to the Trumpsters. No one wants to say he's actively being inappropriate, but, yah never know.

Nah, I'm just playing with Mitch since he can't post a single constructive post. Probably worried he'll miss out on his daily protein shake. It's funny watching him post nonsense.  It's even funnier since he's trying to argue with you and isn't up to the challenge. Kind of like having Palin argue, except Palin was able to dupe people into taking care of her, whereas Mitch just got duped.

I'm not arguing Flynn didn't make the call. Just that you have no evidence he violated the Logan act. This is just more retarded shit to whine about. He's going to lead the NSA in 3 weeks.

You're just looking for stuff to be upset about.

If I could put the retard on ignore I would, but I can't. So I'm going to watch him post babble and you and others pretend you don't have a bumbling dipshit standing beside you.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I'm pretending to be upset?? You're not concerned about is shit? It just seems you're jumping to his defense when you were clubbing Obama without the tenth of this nonsense Trump is bringing into the Whitehouse.

Randall Flagg

misterID wrote:

I'm pretending to be upset?? You're not concerned about is shit? It just seems you're jumping to his defense when you were clubbing Obama without the tenth of this nonsense Trump is bringing into the Whitehouse.

The future head of the NSA having a phone call with a diplomat 3 weeks before he takes over isn't a big deal. No, not at all. He has no power at this point.

If this is what you want to worry about, go for it. But no one else gives a shit, including Obama.

I'm still waiting for you to explain what you want to happen with regard to Russia instead of just complaining every time some pundit comes out with a new talking point.

I'm happy Obama deployed troops to Poland. I think we should ramp up deployment both around Russia and China. Increase sanctions and actively engage in cyber warfare.

Would love to hear what you think should be done.

johndivney wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Think of it as gnrevo as the cast of one flew over the cuckoos nest & cast yourself as the chief.

I'm sure it must worry you tho, & maybe perplex you, how welcoming your fellow citizens are to Russia becoming the power broker in the Middle East..?? Not just politically, from a democratic standpoint, tho that alone is diametrically preposterous & outrageous, or maybe just a sign of the times..
I mean for all the bullshit you guys have gone thru this past election year, to dress up Russia (& Syria) as a means of defeating Isis while surrendering initiative, if not some kind of control/dominance in the region, without an obvious plan to fall back upon, save for Tillerson/Trumps interests, seems, like I say, perplexing to say the least. Unless there is something I'm missing? Is there a bill to focus on alternative energy?
Is Exxon in effect nationalised? Where are you guys gonna get your oil from? How can you guys justify this cosy relationship with putin? - try it without blaming Obama btw. There's no denying his foreign policy, but discounting that surely Trump, & crucially Tillerson (who did his dealings under Obama anyway), would've still followed this path..?? It's just such a strange place for the world to find itself. I mean, amongst all the characteristics of Trump you can mostly find echoes throughout history EXCEPT for his seeming subservience to Russia. How do you explain that?

misterID

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

The future head of the NSA having a phone call with a diplomat 3 weeks before he takes over isn't a big deal. No, not at all. He has no power at this point.

If this is what you want to worry about, go for it. But no one else gives a shit, including Obama.

I'm still waiting for you to explain what you want to happen with regard to Russia instead of just complaining every time some pundit comes out with a new talking point.

I'm happy Obama deployed troops to Poland. I think we should ramp up deployment both around Russia and China. Increase sanctions and actively engage in cyber warfare.

Would love to hear what you think should be done.

Other than secretly funding to overthrow Putin? We most definitely do not appoint Russian sympathizers and admirers anywhere near our white house or intelligence communities. People who want to repeal sanctions and allow billions of oil drilling projects to make Putin stronger have no business being the secretary of state. I would definitely up our own cyber espionage against them, isolate them as much as possible, build up our own defenses against them, try to undermine them as much as possible, and not have our president publicly liick Putin's ass. And I would do all I could to get Assange extradited to the US. That's personal.

Randall Flagg

johndivney wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Think of it as gnrevo as the cast of one flew over the cuckoos nest & cast yourself as the chief.

I'm sure it must worry you tho, & maybe perplex you, how welcoming your fellow citizens are to Russia becoming the power broker in the Middle East..?? Not just politically, from a democratic standpoint, tho that alone is diametrically preposterous & outrageous, or maybe just a sign of the times..
I mean for all the bullshit you guys have gone thru this past election year, to dress up Russia (& Syria) as a means of defeating Isis while surrendering initiative, if not some kind of control/dominance in the region, without an obvious plan to fall back upon, save for Tillerson/Trumps interests, seems, like I say, perplexing to say the least. Unless there is something I'm missing? Is there a bill to focus on alternative energy?
Is Exxon in effect nationalised? Where are you guys gonna get your oil from? How can you guys justify this cosy relationship with putin? - try it without blaming Obama btw. There's no denying his foreign policy, but discounting that surely Trump, & crucially Tillerson (who did his dealings under Obama anyway), would've still followed this path..?? It's just such a strange place for the world to find itself. I mean, amongst all the characteristics of Trump you can mostly find echoes throughout history EXCEPT for his seeming subservience to Russia. How do you explain that?

No, you've summed up my concerns perfectly. The US has completely dropped the ball.  That Russia managed to broker a cease fire while we sat with our thumbs up our asses is embarrassing. Our foreign policy is responsible for ISIS. We brought them all to Iraq and then we vanished, leaving them to do what they wanted.  That we aren't intimately involved in the situation will be a blight on the US for decades to come. We went from one extreme to the other, and most Americans aren't willing to acknowledge this, choosing to squabble over petty domestic issues.

The US could be entirely energy dependent if it wanted to. I'm hoping Trump leads us in that direction. Remove US from purchasing foreign energy and that leaves only Europe to really prop up OPEC. Oil reserves will run out eventually, so better to force these OPEC nations to adjust their economic model while we're in a position to respond militarily and economically rather than hope we maintain that position when the reserves are gone.  I'm a strong advocate of nuclear and think all energy subsidies should be directed towards building nuclear plants. I'd even be in favor of nationalizing them as harvesting natural resources for a private profit is always something I've struggled with. I'd be in favor of nationalizing a lot of basic services like water and internet. Like oil, the communications companies didn't invent radio waves. We just let businesses control them. No reason cellular and wireless frequencies shouldn't be free to access with a government regulated device. Exxon didn't invent petroleum, they just have the most leases to extract something that's there. No different than bottling river water and selling it. As we improve fuel efficiency in vehicles and progress to hybrid/electrict and autonomous cars, the cost of gasoline can jump to $4 or $6 as vehicles will require less of it.

This is already creating a problem from a tax perspective as most states fund their roads in part from gasoline tax. Hybrid and electric cars pay less in gasoline tax, reducing the available funds to repair roads. In short, serious changes to our power system need to occur to catch up to the vastly changing technological landscape. I'm all for solar, wind and other 'natural' sources, but they need to compete on their own merit.

I sure can't explain Trump's position on Russia. Don't get me wrong, I don't want WW3 either, but we've let Russia act without consequence for the past 8 years, and now all of a sudden people are demanding action?  What do they want to see happen?

I think we should work with Russia where appropriate. A joint military action in the Middle East might be a good opportunity. I'm not worried what Putin does to his own citizens, which is where a lot of the criticism against Putin comes from. I care that they threaten the security and supremacy of the US. That's why I have such distrust for the sudden enthusiasm from the American left on Russian retaliation. They've opposed it for so long, I'm concerned they'll turn the moment action is taken, much like they did with Iraq. I don't believe it's genuine as none of them have offered a plan.  It sets up Trump to be blamed for taking any action after Obama remained silent for 8 years.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

But but you can't make an argument. Trump. Popular vote. BLM.  Black thugs in Chicago who don't know who their fathers are might get shot for just trying to rob someone!  Transgender people might not be able to poop in the stall they want and will kill themselves. Some illegal who doesn't speak English and swam the Rio Grande might get sent home!  Trump might come to Chicago and make people follow the law. Bernie was a smart man!

Or the economy might crash as badly as it did in 2008 under our last idiot Republican President.

Board footer