You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:

BTW, Trump personally wheeled and dealed to sink Kasich, his reputation and clout in Ohio. Even ousting the head Republican of the state for a Trump Republican. Unless Trump really shits the bed, Kaisich is damaged goods.

If Trump takes on big pharma, protects Medicare, and really wants to save elements of the ACA I'll give him full props.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Oh, I know all too well.  A good friend of mine manged Trump's campaign in Ohio. I was privy to all the in fighting (and yes it's true, Eric Trump called to offer Kasich the VP slot just as the media reported).  But Kasich is still very popular in Ohio despite this.  There's no other big name Republican in the state to run against Brown in 2018 (Husted is running for the governorship), so I bet they'll get behind Kasich really fast if he decides to go for it.  He could be a good contender if Trump fucks up bad and loses in 2020 for 2024.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Invited for Kasich but later on he became bitter and childish. But he would have been a good pres.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Invited for Kasich but later on he became bitter and childish. But he would have been a good pres.

You mean like Trump?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

You mean like Trump?

Trump is Trump. Kasich became real katty/bitchy.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Someone throwing a tantrum because people are "mean to him" is different than a guy with integrity who follows his conscience.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Someone throwing a tantrum because people are "mean to him" is different than a guy with integrity who follows his conscience.

This is exactly what I've been talking about for months ID...if/when anyone behaves like Trump...they are criticized and ridiculed as childish...but whenever Trump does it, he is not held to the standards and expectations....

Why? Where did this come from?

1) Here you have a man and a woman who both engage in a certain type of behavior running against each other in an election.

The man is heralded, the woman is shunned and even threatened with jail time and death...wtf is this?

2) We have an out-going president behaved and presented himself in the highest of ethical and professional standards and he's ridiculed no matter what he does and the most ruthless of ways.

We have an incoming president who bullies people, and ridicules anyone who criticizes him. He has no decorum and no tact. His ideas are vulgar and oppressive.

johndivney wrote:
mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

George Washington
You are a brilliant statesman and a natural leader who others look to for advice. Dependable, practical, and organized, you are a model of efficiency. Like Washington, you would prefer not to be in the public eye, and others may misjudge your reserved protective facade as pride and inflexibility. You take your life mission very seriously, and integrity is important to you. Although you are slow to make close relationships, once you allow someone into your confidence you will be an extremely loyal friend. You are always truthful and will not compromise your goals or ideals. Your decisions are always practical rather than emotional, however you are far from cold-hearted. In fact, your cool and calm exterior covers a passionate temper that can occasionally break out and surprise those around you!

Didn't expect that one...

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Obama commutes Chelsea Manning, who leaked info to Wikileaks and was basically a traitor.

Board footer