You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

What is impressive?  The Peso dropped over a % while the Dollar remained steady and the Dow stayed great. The markets didn't give a shit. That should tell you what everyone knows. The US will not be weakend by this, in fact it'll be the opposite.

He's already unpopular and their economy immediately gets threatened?  He had to talk to Trump. Pride wasn't an option. Now that he's learned his place and his ministers and anyone with a brain in Mexico has taken note, Trump can give him a bone to spin success to his people.  America is the top dog. End of story. Any country that wants to continue to do well and grow will ally with our interests.  Notice how the Canadians have stayed quiet?  They know who to back. They've got just as much to lose as Mexico.

Trump's going to setup a new trade deal with the UK. Fuck waiting 2 years. What will the EU do?  Germany and France won't stop it. In fact, I  bet within 5-10 years, both of them will be joining a trade agreement with the US too.

Why include the useless countries like Greece when they can improve relations and gain better access to the US market.  The west only needs the rest of the world to trade with us. We don't need to let their people come storming into our countries if they're not bringing anything to the table. Rather than brain drain these other countries, we should let businesses invest and build them up. Have you taken notice of what China is doing in Africa?  That's what we should be doing in the Middle East and Asia, sending in businesses to build them into the 21st century and take a cut of their profits.

If we turn the rest of the world into the West, they'll want to avoid war and conflict in their homes as much as we do. A hell of a lot harder to die for Allah when you have an air conditioned home and internet access.

Drone on all you want, he told him to step off. Dude is a hero in his country today. Showed what a bumbling tool Trump is who had to lie, again, and act like he canceled the meeting, or it was a mutual decision. Mexico isn't paying for shit and there will be no tarrifs or boarder taxes. Trump is a bitch on this. Their peso is up today. http://www.wsj.com/articles/dollar-stal … 1485528941

After he talked to Trump. Why are you so against admitting that the US is the dominant power and we're capable of throwing our weight around. Mexico and the US aren't equal. So why pretend they are?

Why are you making up this argument? I never said anything of the sort. 14

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

What is impressive?  The Peso dropped over a % while the Dollar remained steady and the Dow stayed great. The markets didn't give a shit. That should tell you what everyone knows. The US will not be weakend by this, in fact it'll be the opposite.

He's already unpopular and their economy immediately gets threatened?  He had to talk to Trump. Pride wasn't an option. Now that he's learned his place and his ministers and anyone with a brain in Mexico has taken note, Trump can give him a bone to spin success to his people.  America is the top dog. End of story. Any country that wants to continue to do well and grow will ally with our interests.  Notice how the Canadians have stayed quiet?  They know who to back. They've got just as much to lose as Mexico.

Trump's going to setup a new trade deal with the UK. Fuck waiting 2 years. What will the EU do?  Germany and France won't stop it. In fact, I  bet within 5-10 years, both of them will be joining a trade agreement with the US too.

Why include the useless countries like Greece when they can improve relations and gain better access to the US market.  The west only needs the rest of the world to trade with us. We don't need to let their people come storming into our countries if they're not bringing anything to the table. Rather than brain drain these other countries, we should let businesses invest and build them up. Have you taken notice of what China is doing in Africa?  That's what we should be doing in the Middle East and Asia, sending in businesses to build them into the 21st century and take a cut of their profits.

If we turn the rest of the world into the West, they'll want to avoid war and conflict in their homes as much as we do. A hell of a lot harder to die for Allah when you have an air conditioned home and internet access.

Drone on all you want, he told him to step off. Dude is a hero in his country today. Showed what a bumbling tool Trump is who had to lie, again, and act like he canceled the meeting, or it was a mutual decision. Mexico isn't paying for shit and there will be no tarrifs or boarder taxes. Trump is a bitch on this. Their peso is up today. http://www.wsj.com/articles/dollar-stal … 1485528941

After he talked to Trump. Why are you so against admitting that the US is the dominant power and we're capable of throwing our weight around. Mexico and the US aren't equal. So why pretend they are?

I believe it was me who he may be referring to...I don't shares RFs assertions that we are this dominant power that can just throw our dicks around and have other countries begging for mercy...

I just think it's more insight into how RF and your standard Trump supporter needs to perceive things. I don't know about anyone else but I don't spend any time - ever - fantasizing about the different ways Americans are superior. It just doesn't occur to me nor does it matter to me.

A rational mind can easily see that this fight he is persuing with Mexico leads to know good for anyone. I'll concede the point that it will cost one side more than the other - potentially - but both sides will lose - this is a nobody wins situation.

Except...it will fill the coffers of the mind of the ever fragile ego that needs to believe in and spend time thinking about american superiority...much the same way one woman looks at another woman and wonders if she's prettier...

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

I don't understand why Trump is doing this with Mexico. What's the point? Nothing good will come from it. Not for Americans, and not for Mexicans. It's  destructive on many different levels.

More than anything it shows what kind of man Trump is. He swings down, never up, like a bully. Our trade deficit with China is roughly 370 billion. Mexico by comparison is 58 billion. Do you think he's going to pull this kind of shit with China? (Although he's certainly dumb enough to) Of course he won't, because China will eat our fucking lunch if he tries anything like this. They have the ability to wreck us. Instead he picks a poor country to go after, using lies about illegal immigration and ignoring much larger trade deficits with other countries while addressing his rubes.

If Trump really continues down this path he'll ultimately hurt their economy (and possibly ours) which would then send Mexicans over here looking for work anyway. Such a brilliant man, and an astute diplomat!

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

Why are you making up this argument? I never said anything of the sort. 14

I'm replying to your comment about the peso rebounding. It rebounded because he talked with Trump. I'm all for having a positive relationship with Mexico, but they're going to assist in immigration if they want to do business with us.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Trump told you from day one he was just going to do it. I didn't believe it either because no one has been able to move forward like this. Even Reagan and Kennedy got mired in the red tape. Trump is just saying fuck all of that.

I'm glad you can declare President Trumps entire term a success based upon the things he boldly did in the first 8 days of his term, without any repurcussions. We'll see, I just agree with SLC, it's a fight not needed.  I get it, immigration reform. I still get a kick out of him saying Mexico will pay for the wall, then just raising taxes on us instead.  Yeah, nothing can impact our economy from that at all, right?

FWIW. Interesting how it's almost entirely bulk & industrial items vital to our country. Not simply junk & clothing and stuff we don't need. Just sayin'
bi-graphicsmexican%20imports%202.png

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I love our Mexican neighbors and I am very thankful that Mexico and Canada are our neighbors and not Iran and Russia. We are lucky as hell. Americans have become fat and lazy in many cases and the Mexicans do the stuff our citizens won't. But after a couple generations the Mexican kids will become lazy like all other Americans haha.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

But after a couple generations the Mexican kids will become lazy like all other Americans haha.

My cousin jokes that soon China will take over & they'll outsource their HDTVs, Iphones, and clothing to us and their products will say "Made in USA" while we're working in the sweatshops. (Parallel to our products saying "Made In China"). He said that years ago, not recently with Trump or anything.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

circa 2015. These guys are clowns.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

circa 2015. These guys are clowns.

[/embed]

Yeah they are.  Notice that the countries that aren't on the ban list, Trump has investments or financial dealings with all of them (UAE, Saudi Arabia etc..).

And there's this:

trumpimmigrantban.jpg?1485635263

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Trump supporters are ok with him using private email servers....

Hypocrites

Board footer