You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Is This Forum Dying?

BLS-Pride wrote:

We are in our Axl 95 to 01 phase. The posts are coming, we're just not sure if soon is the word. 16

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

We are in our Axl 95 to 01 phase. The posts are coming, we're just not sure if soon is the word. 16

Damn haven't seen you post in awhile...lol nice reemergence post....

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I think we've reached the point now. If you took the politics thread out off the equation nothing would be left.

It's sad, I almost miss the Internet pre-2007 now and it's not just because of Guns N' Roses.

I miss it too. IMO social media has ruined the internet. While I do think some memes are funnier than hell, all that kinda shit helped ruin it too.

Forums aren't needed in our current world. Its literally the last thing people look for no matter what the subject is. Every forum I check(not many) are in their dying days. Only really active forum I go to sometimes is websleuths.

Had social media not existed, every GNR site would've seen a massive increase due to it being such a global event. It was a popcorn fart forum wise. The world cheered it on at FB, snapchat, twitter, etc.

Yes...without Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, Evo would be on life support and donating its organs. Thanks Trump!

If GNR released an album or something of that nature, activity would increase but the "glory days" aren't coming back.

What also kills some forums is spam and overprotective measures against spammers. I registered at a site sometime ago... I was really keen on posting there at first. I was told my account was to be approved...

This happened to me on one of the crime sites last year. You're right....sites are going overboard when they cant afford to lose potential members.

One of my favorite horror forums is a virtual ghost town now. Back in 06-07 they were rocking n rolling.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

The one community in which forums still seem to be thriving is retro computing (you know, nintendo/atari/sega/amiga stuff). I'm part of one such site (atariage.com), and it just keeps on growing...

AtariLegend wrote:

I'm done with the forum myself. Half of those left are such nasty human beings.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I'd love to chat GN'R stuff but there just isn't much these days.

I could talk Chinese era until the cows come home but everyone tapped themselves out on that years ago.

Political and other debates are for the birds. Would rather read a book instead of shouting down me mates.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I'm done with the forum myself. Half of those left are such nasty human beings.

That's kind of rich seeing that you personally ruined many threads outside the us politics with your bizarre temper tantrums. I had no desire posting in the game thread, wrestling, game of thrones and the gnr main board because of it.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

what devices do all of you use when you post here?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

A tablet mostly.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Desktop for me.

Might use a phone if there was an app but I hate using browsers on my phone.

I can imagine traffic might increase a bit when there's a new record or some real news...like it did circa the reunion starting....but i think lots of people are just burnt out. Even a lot of the hardcores I know feel like they've said everything to say.

I mean we discussed the CD songs from 2001 or so since Rio3, then we've had the album version of CD for 9 years, it's been countless years since UYI etc. I'm following the shows but they're all so similar there's not much to discuss about them except for the occasional great night or off night etc.

Board footer