You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Football

AtariLegend wrote:

I've no interest in American hand ball, but this concept of elimination series intrigues me tongue.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

AtariLegend wrote:

I've no interest in American hand ball, but this concept of elimination series intrigues me tongue.

Don't tell me you're one of those people who find a bunch of guys running back and forth kicking a ball with no real plan or strategy entertaining?  Next you'll say NASCAR is fun to watch.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I get your reference to not call it "foot"ball, but what concept are you referring to?  Is this college football/NCAA decision to have a playoff?

If so, I do agree, and like it.  Personally tho I would rather see an 8 game system, as the #5 team can often have a chance, and occasionally a smaller school could deserve a dog in the fight. #1/#2 can go 5 or 6 deep imho.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

I know we didn't post here much this past season, but I felt yesterdays games were really good, esp KC/Pitt.  Always good to see Dallas lose tho, so that was good.  Rogers really is something else (Brady too, obvi).

NFL's really losing people tho.  The amount of stoppages of plays is absurd.  The was a blatant forward pass (they called it a fuble/tuck rule) in the Houston/NE game that they stopped the game for so the ref could go over to watch the replay, and they went to commercial break?  Like wtf, just send the ref a text message and say it was a pass. Then in the KC game early on they scored a TD yet somehow there was a timeout BEFORE the extra kick?   They weren't even going for 2 I don't think. Didn't make any sense, just an extra commercial break. It's ruining the continuity of the game.

Randall Flagg

I had amazing seats to the Pit/Miami game last Sunday.  Freezing cold though.  Beers were iced in 20 minutes or so. 

I thought the KC/Pitt game was a lot closer than it should have been.  I have no delusion that my Steelers will beat New England next week, but if they play like they did last night, there is no chance.  I think GB is entirely over rated.  Rodgers is an amazing QB, but they went 9-7 for a reason.  Dallas lost the game, but I still think it was clear after the 1st quarter who the better team was.  New England is going all the way unless the Steelers pull off a miracle next week. 

I don't like the direction the NFL is going.  QBs being able to slide for 5 yards and not be touchable is stupid.  Brady crying foul if you put a finger on him shows how far we've changed from even the 90s.  This defenseless receiver shit needs to end too.  Defense is supposed to wait a couple yards after a completion and risk them getting away?  Fuck that.  Helmet to helmet contact?  I don't want anyone being concussed, but if the contact happens unintentionally in going for a tackle, I don't think that should be a penalty.  It's the most physical sport and limited to 16 games in the regular season for a reason.  I'm just glad all the asshats who refused to stand for the national anthem are off TV for the next 8 months.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I'm just glad all the asshats who refused to stand for the national anthem are off TV for the next 8 months.

Haha yeah that died quick. I actually forgot about it. I was afraid it would carry over into the NBA, but I don't think that happened.

I agree GB might not be great this year, but yeah Rogers is. I say Brady's better, and NE too.  But GB could pull an upset. I wouldn't rule out Pittsburgh but I imagine NE is difficult to beat at home in the AFC Championship game. Only team I view as sortof weak is Atlanta, but we'll see. Decent final 4.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Anyone have any vested interest in this?  Fan of NE or ATL?   Or, does anyone Love/Hate Brady/Belicheck??

Not a legandary matchup, but could be a good game. Atl seems to have a great offense. Personally I think Belicheck will game plan for them well & shut it down.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I'm a NE fan

Randall Flagg

I don't think it'll be close. I think the Pats will have a 14 point lead consistently.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

I thought the past season was disappointing...but there are some confounding factors...

First, I'm a Bears fan and they weren't even close to competitive - but even still, I didn't think the quality of the games was terribly good...maybe I'm yearning for a phase of the game in the past. I feel something is off about the game in a way I've never felt before...something that puts too much emphasis on the QB and not enough emphasis on anything else. I don't know...something is off...I look at games from previous decades and I don't even recognize the sport anymore in some ways.

Maybe I'm just getting old and crotchety.

Board footer