You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I for one am not tired of winning yet! 5

Trump is being so active you gotta wonder what the hell an ordinary politician does to justify his pay check.

The guy reports for work and you all cream your pants. Do you believe the prior Presidents all just lounged around?

Bin Laden and Obamacare is what you remember from the previous two terms. Trump has outdone him in less than two weeks. And more importantly, he does what he promised to do. Obama promised you'd keep your doctor and not to jack your rates.

Trump has signed his name on paper, he's actually done nothing but cause chaos among the branches of government and airports, because he refused to let people who knew what they were doing write his orders out, so they're mostly useless. All he's done is cry about how the press is mean to him.

And Obamacare was stripped of previsions by Trumps party that would have kept rates down. The hyperbole is strong with this one.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
misterID wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

The guy reports for work and you all cream your pants. Do you believe the prior Presidents all just lounged around?

Bin Laden and Obamacare is what you remember from the previous two terms. Trump has outdone him in less than two weeks. And more importantly, he does what he promised to do. Obama promised you'd keep your doctor and not to jack your rates.

Trump has signed his name on paper, he's actually done nothing but cause chaos among the branches of government and airports, because he refused to let people who knew what they were doing write his orders out, so they're mostly useless. All he's done is cry about how the press is mean to him.

And Obamacare was stripped of previsions by Trumps party that would have kept rates down. The hyperbole is strong with this one.

He has deployed maximum unilateral power, he is cleaning house, and with a majority in congress and senate, things are set for him regards legislation. With the intent he has already shown that looks very promising.

He's gone off on a near perfect start. So far there is nothing for his voters to complain about, and a lot of things to credit him for. Partisanship aside he has had a great start as President running on a platform.

And still not 2 weeks.

misterID

misterID wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
misterID wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

He has deployed maximum unilateral power, he is cleaning house, and with a majority in congress and senate, things are set for him regards legislation. With the intent he has already shown that looks very promising.

He's gone off on a near perfect start. So far there is nothing for his voters to complain about, and a lot of things to credit him for. Partisanship aside he has had a great start as President running on a platform.

And still not 2 weeks.

Their cabinets are swiss cheese because they forgot to fill empty seats. He's had to replace people with Obama's staff because there was no one else. He actually fired people who were non partison civil servants and had no replacements in place. Again, he's actually done nothing but have useless ceremonies signing worthless paper. Yes, fantastic!

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

No doubt it's tough to fill positions with honest, hard working people in Washington. Trump should be commended for finding anyone at all. 16

And last I checked there is little useless about an executive order. All that power grabbing by Presidents of decades past is sure backfiring on the establishment right now. And as I have mentioned; the senate, the house, the supreme court. Only a bullet will stop Trump from getting what he wants.

misterID

misterID wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

No doubt it's tough to fill positions with honest, hard working people in Washington. Trump should be commended for finding anyone at all. 16

And last I checked there is little useless about an executive order. All that power grabbing by Presidents of decades past is sure backfiring on the establishment right now. And as I have mentioned; the senate, the house, the supreme court. Only a bullet will stop Trump from getting what he wants.

That's the easiest thing to do is fill those positions. They didn't even know they had to!!

Well, I reckon you need to check harder, because he has accomplished zilch. And they're worthless because many of them were written incorrectly, becauseof ineptitude. No dramatic bullet necessary. They only need two senate Republicans to overrule him. Sorry.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

That's the easiest thing to do is fill those positions. They didn't even know they had to!!

Well, I reckon you need to check harder, because he has accomplished zilch. And they're worthless because many of them were written incorrectly, becauseof ineptitude. No dramatic bullet necessary. They only need two senate Republicans to overrule him. Sorry.

When is McConnell going to call the vote?  What are they going to vote on. No one can call a vote in the Senate but the Senate Leader. Thought you learned this lesson with Garlan.

misterID

misterID wrote:

In short, frenetic as the new president has been, Mr. McCain is matching him step for step. Thus is a president willing to go rogue being matched by a powerful lawmaker—head of the Armed Services Committee and former GOP presidential nominee—prepared to do the same.

“The main thing is, do the right thing,” Mr. McCain said in an interview. “I feel, frankly, a greater burden of responsibility. The world’s on fire, we have more challenges than any time in the last 70 years and, with the chairmanship of the Armed Services Committee and whatever influence I have, I need to exercise it because the responsibilities are so great.”

This is a potentially serious long-term problem for Mr. Trump. The president is not especially susceptible to criticism from Democrats, which is predictable and easily dismissed, but opposition from Republicans, who control both chambers and every committee of Congress, and thereby the Trump agenda, is far more important.

Republicans hold only a two-seat majority in the Senate, so the White House has little margin for error within the party there.

The bad blood isn’t surprising. Early in the 2016 presidential campaign, Mr. Trump belittled Mr. McCain’s horrific Vietnam War experience, during which his Navy attack jet was shot down and, while seriously injured, he spent more than five years in a North Vietnamese prison.

“He’s not a war hero,” Mr. Trump said. “He’s a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

The comment came early in the Trump campaign, and many thought it would derail it. The fact it didn’t was a key initial sign of how much the GOP had changed.

Mr. McCain also noted that Breitbart News, the site previously overseen by top Trump adviser Stephen Bannon, has “attacked me incessantly for years.”

All that leaves lots of room for bad blood. Some of the disagreements are local. Mr. McCain argues that the North American Free Trade Agreement, which Mr. Trump wants to renegotiate, has benefited his home state of Arizona, and that the tariff on Mexican imports floated by the White House clearly would hurt it.

His own war experience with brutal treatment during incarceration leaves him starkly at odds with Mr. Trump’s belief that waterboarding and other forms of harsh interrogation are acceptable.

But the area that seems to most bother Mr. McCain isn’t personal; it is a seemingly deep disagreement with the new president over his desire to strengthen ties with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

The last two American administrations, of George W. Bush and Barack Obama, similarly started “with the mistaken belief there would be improved relations with a hardened KGB colonel,” Mr. Putin, only to be disappointed, he said.

“The difference now versus before is he’s invaded a country”—Ukraine—and, he added, has tried to influence an American election."

MSN.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

When is McConnell going to call the vote?  What are they going to vote on. No one can call a vote in the Senate but the Senate Leader. Thought you learned this lesson with Garlan.

Don't know what you're talking about. Really doesn't matter what the cracker does... He still needs votes.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

Don't know what you're talking about. Really doesn't matter what the cracker does... He still needs votes.

You said 2 Republicans need to flip. Flip on what?  The Senate doesn't vote on EOs.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

He really hasn't done shit...

Lotsa EOs that amount to no real, tangible change.

Man some people really enjoy white man bravado...

Again, have fun paying for his wall chumps....this isn't 1955...and ain't no one taking Trump seriously...outside of his white man fanboy base.

Least of all foreign leaders...can't you feel it ID? The unskilled labor white man is slamming his fist down cuz he's had enough.

Board footer