You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Football

misterID wrote:

That terrible holding call in the Chiefs/Steelers game really sealed it for me. Didn't even bother watching the other games seeing the refs, intentionally or not, were calling the winners from the outset.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

For Jon

Bill Maher’s Epic Rant For The Patriots Ties To Donald Trump
NY Daily News

Comedian Bill Maher has a message to the New England Patriots: FALC YOU!

The host of "Real Time with Bill Maher" went on a Super-sized profanity-laced rant Friday night, blasting New England because of its close ties to President Trump.

Maher, with conservative cutie Tomi Lahren sitting to his right, wrapped up his "New Rules" segment by screaming "Go Falcons" then pulling out a Falcons jersey and pledging his allegiance to the Atlanta team in Sunday's Super Bowl.

Bill Maher is forced to cheer for the Falcons because of the Patriots' ties to President Trump. (JANET VAN HAM/AP)
"The Falcons are playing a team where the owner, the coach and the star quarterback all love Donald Trump," blasted Maher as photos of Trump with owner Bob Kraft, Bill Belichick and Tom Brady flashed on the screen. "So I'd really like for them to lose by a score of a million f--king thousand to none."

Tom Brady shows emotions and ignorance at Super Bowl Media Night
Maher, from New Jersey, blamed Trump for ruining every facet of his life.

"That's what Donald Trump has done to me, to us all," said Maher. "He's made me into that campus nut who can't buy a chicken sandwich without making it political.

"He's made me like the Atlanta Falcons," he went on to say. "That's like saying your favorite boxer is Mickey Rourke!"

Maher then raked Brady over the coals for being one of the first to display a "Make America Great" hat.

Trump: Roger Goodell is a ‘dope,’ Belichick told me he loves me
"You know, because America has been so tough on Tom so far," said Maher tongue stapled to his cheek as a photo of Brady and supermodel wife Gisele appeared on the screen super imposed on a shot of his Brookline, Mass. mansion.

"And back when was asked if he thought Trump would be President he said, 'I hope so, that would be great," bellowed Maher. "Hey Tom, f--k you! You're a great quarterback and your political instincts suck."

Maher then put his crosshairs on Belichick and the letter of encouragement he sent Trump during the campaign that blasted a "slanted media" and praised the then republican nominee's "toughness" and "leadership".

"Wow, that's some serious ass-licking coach," said Maher. "Let me give you some advice for the Big Game, Fuck you Beli-cheat!! Fuck you and your deflated ball you joyless cheating fuck!

Myers: Ranking every Super Bowl ever played from I to 50
"Is there anything (Trump) can't ruin!"

Maher went on to detail the divisiveness in America and the vitriol he blames on the 45th President, noting athletes refusing to stay at Trump hotels and people unfriending each other on Facebook.

The nearly five-minute rant of expletives and one-liners skewers the AFC Champions and Trump, but you have to imagine the comedian will have a few more F-Bombs to deliver if the Pats make a visit to the White House in the near future.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I was wondering how long it would take you guys to bring up Trump in this thread. Because obviously politics and football go hand in hand.

faldor

faldor wrote:
johndivney wrote:

You know your team are cheating bastards when they evoke such strong emotions.

By the way, the Falcons pumped fake crowd noise into their home games for years and were docked 350k and a 5th round pick a few years ago. But they're not the Patriots and don't win all the time so it doesn't matter. I get it. So yeah, it's more about the winning than the "cheating" but again, you do you.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Preach, Faldor!

Really not sure how the Patriots lose this game. Just too disciplined and experienced, better balance.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Going back to earlier comments ...

The NFL is pretty terrible nowadays. If it weren't for fantasy football, I'd have no interest whatsoever. The game is just soooo boring. 15 minutes of actual on-field action in a 3-hour game. The rest is standing around, calling plays, commercial breaks, play reviews, injured guys on the field ....

faldor

faldor wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Preach, Faldor!

Really not sure how the Patriots lose this game. Just too disciplined and experienced, better balance.

Obviously we're biased, but I think the Patriots are clearly the better team on paper and by what you observe on the field. But as is always the case, Any Given Sunday. If the Pats come out flat and Atlanta wins the turnover battle they will probably win the game. That's the only way I see it though. Of course the Pats have been prone to some flukey plays in these games too, so that's always a possibility.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
faldor wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Preach, Faldor!

Obviously we're biased, but I think the Patriots are clearly the better team on paper and by what you observe on the field. But as is always the case, Any Given Sunday. If the Pats come out flat and Atlanta wins the turnover battle they will probably win the game. That's the only way I see it though. Of course the Pats have been prone to some flukey plays in these games too, so that's always a possibility.

I actually disagree with the fact that the patriots are better on paper.

If the pats win, it'll be because of their experience and poise. And of course superior coaching, strategies and preparation.

But as far as raw talent...Atlanta has two starting RBs, a a well seasoned Matt Ryan and Julio who is probably the best WR in football.

So with all that said, my heart says Atlanta, but my head says New England. New England should win this game. He plays to their strengths. Disciplined and intelligent football.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
faldor wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Preach, Faldor!

If the pats win, it'll be because of their experience and poise. And of course superior coaching, strategies and preparation.

But as far as raw talent...Atlanta has two starting RBs, a a well seasoned Matt Ryan and Julio who is probably the best WR in football.

So with all that said, my heart says Atlanta, but my head says New England. New England should win this game. He plays to their strengths. Disciplined and intelligent football.

People fall in love with offensive firepower. Those teams tend to have a tough time in these games...see 01 Rams, 07 Patriots, 13 Broncos.

Atlanta has had a good run to close the season and have two impressive playoff victories...but they are an 11-5 team and are still the freakin Falcons. I think Matt Ryan turns into a pumpkin.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
faldor wrote:

People fall in love with offensive firepower. Those teams tend to have a tough time in these games...see 01 Rams, 07 Patriots, 13 Broncos.

Atlanta has had a good run to close the season and have two impressive playoff victories...but they are an 11-5 team and are still the freakin Falcons. I think Matt Ryan turns into a pumpkin.

This is all very true...but 2 RBs like that are great for controlling the game...if it were just a good pass offense, I wouldn't be able to argue.

I really feel that in order for Atlanta to win, they need to really take advantage of them.

I'm guessing that New England will have a top notch defensive strategy though.

Board footer