You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

James wrote:

^ I need to watch that. Almost ordered it a couple weeks ago but ordered the Jonbenet Ramsey Lifetime movie on Amazon Prime instead.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

The Lego Batman Movie was a treat. A little frantic at times; but appreciated the attention to detail with the references. I enjoyed Split a good deal and that I feel M. Night is finally back, baby!

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Saw both Get Out and Logan this week. Get Out is an incredible directorial debut and a well put together thriller with horror and black comedy elements. Logan is a great send off to the character of Wolverine (before he is eventually re-cast) and Hugh Jackman in the role with a dark story with great action set pieces, heart, and emotional depth.

James

James wrote:

Fight Club and Revenge of the Nerds double feature.

Fight Club is still incredible. Like all movies with a mindfuck twist, it does suffer a bit due to that but packs no less of a punch(ha!),

Hadn't watched Revenge of the nerds in eons. I forgot how smoking hot Betty was. Sweet baby Jesus. On a serious note, in this era of bullying that leads to so many tragedies, this movie is not nearly as funny with hindsight.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah Fight Club does hold up pretty well. Although parts of the living in the slums and anti-corporate agenda got lost on me over the years. Part growing up, part caving in, part just learning to deal with it all and accepting it. I may dislike Target, Starbucks etc, but I'm not about to cheer on blowing them up. The film tho, and twist are still great. Timeless in a way, I think I heard it called the Cool Hand Luke of our generation.

I recently watch The People Vs OJ Simpson on Netflix, it's great. Originally an FX miniseries, it's 10 episodes mostly focusing on the spectacle and court trial. Definitely addictive for binging. James, if you haven't seen it yet you would definitely love it. Great acting (even David Schwimmers good in it), great story, definitely thorough as there's alot of small tidbits I'd forgotten about. Marcia Clark & Chris Darden sorta got alot of raw deals from the public & media attention (I remember comments about Marcia's look & Darden being called a 'sellout'.  Had to be hard on them, they were probably younger than we are now at the time. To handle such a large case).

The show only focuses on OJs Bronco chase then trial, with little to no inference that he didn't do it. Mostly, it focuses on how his legal team (Cochran. The guy who plays him is great) played out his defense. Ito definitely effed up that entire trial, thats been forgotten over the years. Also gets into the jury a bit too, which does explain some things.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Leading up to the Oscar's my wife and I watched all the movies nominated for best picture

La-La Land
Fences
Manchester by the Sea
Hidden Figures
The Arrival
Lion
Hell or High Water
Moonlight
Hacksaw Ridge

I thought Fences should've won personally and The Arrival was pretty killer

We've also seen Dr Strange, Assassin's Creed, passengers, ghostbusters, nocturnal animals, suicide squad, finding dory, moana and girl on the train

... android boxes rule

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Never heard of The Arrival. I'll have to check it out. How is Hidden Figures, pretty good?  I heard Moonlight wasn't very good.

Suicide Squad sucked!   That movie just couldn't get awful enough. Jared Leto did a really good job as Joker, and Harley was good. The directing & timing of the script was terrible.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Moonlight wasn't very good imo...no real direction and the ending wasn't very ....  decisive??

Hidden Figures was good surprisingly ...I didn't have high hope going in but it surprised me

Yea suicide squad was pretty bad...I'm soooo over the "super hero" genre tho

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

LOGAN

WAS AMAZING

James

James wrote:

Leading up to the Oscar's my wife and I watched all the movies nominated for best picture

I used to do this in the mid-late 90s. Loved it. It made watching the Oscars so much better.

Now I don't even bother. I did hate how Portman was robbed of an Oscar for Jackie  because she didn't show up since she was about to give birth. They gave it to someone else. The Oscars can go fuck themselves. They've always pulled crap like this and it should be unacceptable. I don't blame Woody Allen for not going to these shows.

Had to be hard on them, they were probably younger than we are now at the time.

I do this a lot when watching old shows. I'll think...damn, he/she was younger then than I am now!

Board footer