You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

something about small children just arouses me

AtariLegend wrote:

my uncle used to make me sit on his stick shift when he drove, but he had his shifter between his legs

AtariLegend wrote:

there's something about Donald Trump that I find very erotic, but his wife Melania is a total turn off

AtariLegend wrote:

I wish I was born in America, living under an oligarchy where you have to have royal blood to be in our legislature is a joke

AtariLegend wrote:

Have you ever masturbated at a playground?  It's exiliriating

See how easy it is to quote people out of context. All of these are totally comments Atari made and didn't make up.

Yes, I'm gay. I can't believe we're tolerating such a bigoted homophobe.  If I like to lick the hairy taint of bears, who is Atari to judge me. Let's condemn his hate speech now.

Simply labeling you as gay based on your own litany of documented comments about dicks is hat speech?

Now we have documentation of saying that you're gay too...

You can call me gay all you want, I couldn't care. Atari is a unique character. He's had a conversation with himself in the U.K. thread the past several weeks.  He still can't refute the head of England is a monarch (with real power, it's never been given up) and a legislature that requires noble blood. How many minorities are in the House of Lords?  Can you imagine if the US only allowed nobles to serve in the Senate?  He lives in an oligarchy ruled by incestuous pedophiles and has the audacity to critique the United States. What next, we going to get a poster from North Korea talking about human rights?

Am I'm 99% sure my comment about Obama's dick was defending him when the right wing media went nuts cause he was photographed with an erection. But I can understand why that might be puzzling to a group of guys who bitch at how Trump wipes his ass.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

See how easy it is to quote people out of context. All of these are totally comments Atari made and didn't make up.

Yes, I'm gay. I can't believe we're tolerating such a bigoted homophobe.  If I like to lick the hairy taint of bears, who is Atari to judge me. Let's condemn his hate speech now.

Simply labeling you as gay based on your own litany of documented comments about dicks is hat speech?

Now we have documentation of saying that you're gay too...

You can call me gay all you want, I couldn't care. Atari is a unique character. He's had a conversation with himself in the U.K. thread the past several weeks.  He still can't refute the head of England is a monarch (with real power, it's never been given up) and a legislature that requires noble blood. How many minorities are in the House of Lords?  Can you imagine if the US only allowed nobles to serve in the Senate?  He lives in an oligarchy ruled by incestuous pedophiles and has the audacity to critique the United States. What next, we going to get a poster from North Korea talking about human rights?

Am I'm 99% sure my comment about Obama's dick was defending him when the right wing media went nuts cause he was photographed with an erection. But I can understand why that might be puzzling to a group of guys who bitch at how Trump wipes his ass.

Huh?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Mentioned Milo and the thread suddenly turned really, really gay.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

The Milo Yiannopoulos debacle tells us some terrible truths about conservatives

Roughly 48 hours after outrage erupted over his comments in defense of “cross-generational” relationships between “younger boys and older men,” Milo Yiannopoulos resigned from Breitbart News. On Tuesday afternoon, New York Times writer Michael M. Grynbaum tweeted a statement from Yiannopoulos announcing the news, which stated he is “resigning from Breitbart, effective immediately.” Perhaps to proactively counter rumblings that he was pressured to step down—including rumors that multiple Breitbart staffers planned to quit if Yiannopoulos remained—the right-wing provocateur noted, “This decision is mine alone.” The statement comes as numerous other entities scramble to disassociate from Yiannopoulos, who has built a highly profitable brand on a foundation of racist, misogynist, Islamophobic and anti-immigrant rhetoric.

Monday, the Conservative Political Action Conference disinvited Yiannopoulos from making a keynote speech at its high-profile annual event. Hours later, publisher Simon & Schuster rescinded a book deal—which the company had steadfastly defended for months amidst widespread criticism—that has already lined Yiannopoulos with a non-refundable $250,000 advance. As tech editor, Yiannopoulos was reportedly given “free rein” at Breitbart, where he helped former boss Steve Bannon, now U.S. president in all but name, transform the outlet into the “platform for the alt-right.” Stories like “Birth Control Makes Women Unattractive and Crazy” and “Gay Rights Have Made Us Dumber, It’s Time to Get Back in the Closet” helped him gain cachet among the site’s readers, elevating and celebrating their anti-woman, anti-black, and anti-Muslim views.

None of this was enough to earn disavowals from the right-wing that instead made him its darling in recent months. Earlier this year, Yiannopoulos attacked African-American comedian Leslie Jones as “barely literate,” purposely misgendering her as a “black dude.” On a stop at the University of Wisconsin as part of his “Dangerous Faggot” tour of U.S. college campuses, he spent the better part of his speech singling out a trans woman for mockery and maligning Black Lives Matter as “the last socially acceptable hate group.” At a pro-Trump event last year, Yiannopoulos, who is openly gay, sported a t-shirt emblazoned with a rainbow flag-decorated gun and the words “We Shoot Back.” In his overtly Islamophobic speech, Yiannopoulos railed against Democrats he claimed “were welcoming in… belief systems that are completely incompatible with the Western way of life.”

At every turn, the right has lauded him as a free speech hero, while disregarding how his assaults degrade the rights of expression of vulnerable folks he targets. Several weeks ago, a Yiannopoulos supporter shot a protester at his University of Washington tour appearance, an incident that conservative corners apparently shrugged at. When riots broke out at Berkeley in opposition to Yiannopoulos’ appearance, Donald Trump angrily threatened to withdraw federal funding from the school, claiming Yiannopoulos’ First Amendment Rights had been violated. This from a man who has not once expressed anger or concern about six Muslims killed last month in a Quebec terror attack or the possibility of election meddling by the Kremlin. According to this thinking, CPAC, Simon & Schuster and Breitbart, in cutting ties with Yiannopoulos, are also oppressing the alt-right mascot’s free speech rights. Yet Trump, who has never been much on principles and isn’t starting now, has remained conspicuously and uncharacteristically silent on the topic.

That’s probably because pedophilia is a low to which the right wing has begrudgingly decided not to sink. The lesson of this whole disgusting debacle seems to be that to hit rock bottom for half this country, you have to dig past racism, xenophobia, misogyny and religious hatred, and then keep right on digging until you hit pedophilia. It’s not surprising that a segment that believes boasting about pussy grabbing is no biggie would be fine with any horrific thing Yiannopoulos said as long as he railed against those it resents—the non-white, non-Christian and non-male—for demanding equal treatment, an idea it disparages as “political correctness.”

It’s hard to imagine that, were he straight and talking about promoting with very young girls, the reaction would’ve been same. The right wouldn’t brushed this off as yet more locker room talk, which is conservative code for “we don’t care.”

This is the same group that values the lives of children less than it values gun rights and has little problem with recorded admissions of criminal sex acts. For Yiannopoulos to overstep the line of what passes for decency among conservatives, he had to raise the specter of a Republican boogeyman—the false idea that gays are pedophiles. It was never about free speech to begin with, because why close down the show now? There is a large segment of this country that wants women to shut up and black folks to sit down. If you’re putting your very best efforts into making that happen, as Yiannopoulos was, there’s a rich market demand for your services. It includes corporate book sellers and right-wing media outlets, and it pays handsomely.

But with bad PR and profit losses on the table, the entities that were so ready to sign up with Yiannopoulos are pretending to be surprised an awful person turned out to be exactly what he seemed. That turns him, for those groups, into a liability. It’s odd to read that Alex Marlow, editor in chief of Breitbart, says that Yiannopoulos’ latest “comments are absolutely indefensible,” “appalling” and “disappointing,” mostly because I always find such glaring displays of hypocrisy striking. Yiannopoulos says he himself was molested by an older priest when he was a teen. Here’s hoping that if he is a survivor, he’ll put his time in dealing with his trauma, instead of inflicting his pain on everyone else for a quick buck.

But I’m not holding my breath. At a press conference late yesterday, Yiannopoulos announced a new media venture and live tour, and promised while he doesn’t plan to compete with Breitbart, he “does intend to do more of the same.”

“I haven’t ever apologized before and I don’t anticipate doing it again,” he said, and there’s reason to believe he might not need to. There’s a massive swamp full of racists who want what Yiannopoulos is selling. They voted for it November and like Yiannopoulos they aren’t going anywhere, either.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/the-mil … nts=disqus

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Mentioned Milo and the thread suddenly turned really, really gay.

Somehow I think that would make Milo proud...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think I'm throwing my support behind Pete Buttigieg for DNC chair. Perez will most likely get it...

Randall Flagg

misterID wrote:

I think I'm throwing my support behind Pete Buttigieg for DNC chair. Perez will most likely get it...

Perez is the sane choice, but I'm really hoping Ellison gets it.  I want to be able to link to one of his numerous racist rants anytime someone claims dog whistling or gets upset at FBI crime stats.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

Perez is the sane choice, but I'm really hoping Ellison gets it.  I want to be able to link to one of his numerous racist rants anytime someone claims dog whistling or gets upset at FBI crime stats.

I'm still trying to understand your definition of racism...

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm still trying to understand your definition of racism...

The one that's in the dictionary. Belief that one can make assumptions or gain value through the color of another's skin. The belief that members of a race are intrinsically different than others.

So Ellison calling about white peoples "devils" or calling Jews "the spawn of Satan" or defending those who do, falls under that definition.

That's why Coulter's comments about Milo were so funny. Why not outrage at the amount of Mexican illegals fucking underage girls?  I get that it's culturally acceptable for a 26 year old to fuck a 14 year old there, but can we at least stay consistent on who we condemn.

Ellison's annointment will bring the hypocrisy full circle. The DNC, once ran by a member of the Klan, now being run by a recent member of the Nation of Islam.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Ellison's annointment will bring the hypocrisy full circle. The DNC, once ran by a member of the Klan, now being run by a recent member of the Nation of Islam.

In modern day, who are white supremacists and and the klan standing behind?

These are such apples to oranges comparisons. And the whole thing gets too circular and convoluted I don't even enjoy the conversation anymore.

It's ironic to me that a troll would step down from a position for being really good at trolling.

It's stupid to me that Coulter would make a comparison between a right-wing glorified blogger peddling right wing garbage and Mexican illegals...what does one have to do with the other?

Board footer