You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

metallex78 wrote:

Anyone here have the Sega Megadrive/Genesis rerelease? Thinking about picking it up for nostalgia sake

I got one for Christmas 2015. Some of the games froze at random points and it often distorted the sound when I put in one of my old cartridges.

I really recommend looking into the retropie. I built one for under $100 and I can play all the games from numerous systems.

johndivney wrote:

Had a wee blast of ghost recon there, initial impressions were mostly positive. It has potential to be good fun multiplayer, it looks great & its guns n shit have a bit of spice & variety to them.

It does suffer typical Ubisoft problems tho, as impressive as the world is it's populated with typical Ubisoft side missions & inexplicable weapons/intel caches. My biggest gripe however is the dialogue: it is just so humourless. It's all nondescript exposition that takes me out of the relatively unscripted fun of the missions/gameplay to remind me it's aiming for something more serious.

The core gameplay potentially offers scope for some experimentation & silliness as well as being a run of the mill tactical shooter. Good fun.

AtariLegend wrote:

Free several days of PS4 multiplayer at the minute here in the UK.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Against my better judgement I ordered a Nintendo Switch. Pretty sure it will fail with third party support. I'm hoping it doesn't become a paper weight once I'm done with Zelda.

I'm finding games this generation to be really lacking and uninspiring.

@metallex78
Have you tried using emulators on your PC/Laptop? I use them regularly and they are great. Every console is emulated and can be run in 4k and a lot of the emulaters have enhanced textures etc, except 360, PS3, XBONE and PS4. I just finished Metal Gear Solid on Gamecube and Chrono Trigger on Snes, epic.  smile

AtariLegend wrote:

Chrono Trigger is one of the greatest games of all time.

Just got an email about Star Wars: Battlefront being £7.99 for PS4 on the network at the minute. Tempted, but I remember hearing bad things about it last year.

Seems like a pretty extreme price drop too for just over a year.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Chrono Trigger is one of the greatest games of all time.

Just got an email about Star Wars: Battlefront being £7.99 for PS4 on the network at the minute. Tempted, but I remember hearing bad things about it last year.

Seems like a pretty extreme price drop too for just over a year.

Battlefront is good for one or two days, but not worth getting because of that imo.

Chrono Trigger was amazing. I have been meaning to play it for decades, eventually got to it last week.

johndivney wrote:

If u don't have ps+/aren't gonna play online then there's not much point in Star Wars, that 8 quid could be better spent.

Yea chrono trigger is one of all time greats.

Quite enjoying ghost recon. I tend to irritate teammates tho, they mistake my having fun for intentional trolling/being stupid, when it's really unintentional stupidity.. Still think I'm gonna do nier & mass effect tho.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Debating on picking up a Personal Gaming Environment

https://gaemspge.com/black-edition-vanguard.html

Thoughts/opinions?

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

Zelda and Horizon make me miss playing video games. They both look pretty fun.

AtariLegend wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

Zelda and Horizon make me miss playing video games. They both look pretty fun.

If I won the lottery, I'd totally buy every new Zelda game. Problem is Nintendo put out consoles like sports games i.e; FIFA games yearly.

I actually didn't know the Wii U existed until after Switch was announced.

I'd really love Sony to buy them out and put Zelda, Mario and Pokemon games ect. on the same console.

I miss playing Zelda games, but buying a console that won't last long just for 2 or 3 games ain't worth it.

Board footer