You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: The 24 hottest things in tech in 1997

James wrote:

One more thing.....

Take me back to the 90s please. Just pick any random year and I'll take it from there.  97 sounds fine with me though.

I promise not to use so many drugs this time.

This crazy era we live in where everyone is like the BORG on their cellphones makes me appreciate the previous era in a whole new light. You cant even meet people like you used to. Once coming out of my drug haze... I truly realized the magnitude of the culture shift.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

This crazy era we live in where everyone is like the BORG on their cellphones.....

Everywhere they go...I kind of look down on those peeps to be honest. Put the fucking phones down and live.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It drives me crazy. Its depressing.

Next time you go out, observe the people around you and do a little test. Count the first 20 people you see and how many of them have cellphone in hand. I did this a couple weeks ago when going to the mall. 18 were on their phone. I realize this would fluctuate but its everywhere....all the time.

I've had discussions with people about how this era would've went over had it happened sooner.  I don't think this would have went over in the 90s. MAYBE late 90s....no earlier.  I cant imagine our generation spending their youth pausing life every few minutes to take a selfie, texting instead of talking, or caring enough about 'social' media enough for it to go mainstream. It would've been considered a waste of time/life.

IMO if it had been  unveiled in the 90s, it would've went over like virtual reality did in the early 90s.....sounds cool but once seeing it, no thanks....better things to do.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

I agree. We see it everywhere. I've sat next to tables where the entire family was on their phones. Parents, and all kids. Pathetic.

One thing I also noticed is how much of an easy target females make themselves now. If I were a bad guy I'd be in hog heaven. I see young women every day, walking slowly through a parking lot, parking garage etc staring at their phone and completely oblivious to their surroundings. I was in LA a few weeks ago, jammed packed traffic and noticed the guy on my left was staring down at his phone almost constantly. SMFH.

I find this incredible, but I read a poll where people actually check their phones during sex. ?????????

Board footer