You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: US Politics Thread

James wrote:

S5Tlydo.png

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

lol, love that song!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Jeff Sessions was back home and eating at the neighborhood Mexican place by my house. Cock sucker was eating food made by illegals. You can't make this shit up. Oh well. Was back home spending time with his daughter and grand kids.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Reaction from a Syrian man on the strike

http://100percentfedup.com/awesome-epic … ian-video/

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

I see some Trumpers who have been completely silent during his bumbling clusterfuck of a presidency now perk up with their red hats now that we bombed someone. Trump is a lying liar and a bumbling idiot. The rubes always howled when Obama mentioned anything about W. They can't stop talking about O or their Messiah's constant lies about him.

I'm not against the bombing so much as I do not trust the clown giving the bombing orders. He fucked up with Yemen, so his track record already sucks.

A lot of Alt Right types are very angry with Trump over this strike. The timing is also interesting: Bannon out of NSC just days prior.

Good point about Bannon - I also wonder now much the investigation over Trumps ties to Russia had to do with this decision.  A "wag the dog" to distract?  Or a gesture to show he's not Putin's bitch?

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

I would not be surprised to see Bannon and Priebus out within a month or so.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Maybe Trump should drain the swamp.....

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

I would not be surprised to see Bannon and Priebus out within a month or so.

Wow, 5 seconds after I read your post I went to CNN and saw this article:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/07/politics/ … index.html

Basically, Bannon's in an unwinnable fight. Will he stay onboard to save face?  Financially, I would guess Breitbart does better with him in there, even on a non-level, than if he quit in a fury & began writing anti-US gov't articles again. It's gotta be eating him up inside being ignored and seeing Ivanka's husband in control, especially so soon into it. I guess a fear is does he leave Trump before Trump leaves him (and dismisses him). Priebus I say stays on, at least until 2018. IMHO he's more of a GOP party guy, and will be needed to keep Reupblican support, but also plan out the 2018 mid-terms.

As far as input, I think they've both pretty much been shown the door. My biggest complaints are we're in the hands of some really inexperienced people right now. Trump, Ivanka, Kushner, Tillerson, Haley etc. I'm old enough to remember the Iraq 1991 war. It was about 9 months of Desert Sheild, where US troops just stood their ground in Kuwait, before entering into Desert Storm where the invasion took place. In the end, it was close to flawless, but it shows you things like this don't get resolved in 1 missile strike saying 'Back off'. HW was VP for 8 years also and probably had a wicked experienced cabinet & staff.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Maybe Trump should drain the swamp.....

I'm not sure what this means...

Didnt he appoint, select, hire these same people that he's now throwing under the bus?

Ya know...I bet he would be a lot more popular if he actually started draining the swamp. But if he is only removing people to replace them with family members who use their power to better themselves/brands then what the fuck is the point?

If he wanted to drain the swamp, he should have started with McConnel and Ryan...but he aligned with Ryan to do the healthcare thing and then McConnel - well I don't think I have to say much about that piece of shit political opportunist. Has anyone ever in history done so little? Obstructed so much? Changed positions so quickly? Fed into bipartisanship? Championed gridlock?

Trump is grasping at straws...I think it's pretty obvious.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

There's nothing wrong with firing your own appointments if they're not performing to your liking - and while I don't want to defend nepotism, it's not unprecedented - Kennedy's top advisors were his brothers, and Clinton had his wife head committees. 

I'm not a fan of 45, but I am happy to see Bannon on the outs.  It's a step in the right direction IMO. Now give Sessions the boot and I'll be willing to give this administration another shot.

Board footer