You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

Re: Slash back in the studio

RaZor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

So here's my little fantasy

Rest of this year:

Slash records solos for Axl's vault.
Slash records SMKC.
Axl tinkers with GNR trakcs.

Next Year:
Axl Records Axl/Dc.
SMKC album launch and tour

Year After:
Axl DC album launch and tour.
Perhaps even Axl/DC shows with SMKC opening up?

Year After:

GNR vault album with slash is released
GNR tour to support vault album

This would be awesome.  AC/DC usually tours an album for 2 years though.  If Axl's going to cycle between the 2 bands, GNR might start taking longer hiatuses.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Just release new music with Slash and Duff, Axl.

It's that simple.

You're the hard rock version of Brian Wilson. You've got the goods and talent.

Just do it bro.

Give us an angry political song about your disdain for the current environment you find your great country in.

Add in some vault material too.

Do it.

Make sure it flows, but, don't overthink it or overdub it.

AXL/DC is nice, but, lets hear some new Guns N' Roses music before jumping on the Angus train.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Let's just make one band from the 2

Axl
Slash
Angus
Duff
Slade
Dizzy

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

Let's bring in Myles too for rythm guitar, back up vocals, and the occasional lead on a SMKC song.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if the holdup on releasing leftover Chinese tracks is Slash and Duff. Why would they want to play on and release tracks they wouldn't have writing credits on...FOR THEIR OWN BAND no less.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if the holdup on releasing leftover Chinese tracks is Slash and Duff. Why would they want to play on and release tracks they wouldn't have writing credits on...FOR THEIR OWN BAND no less.

You can't be serious. Hahaha as if Duff and Slash have ever been the reason not to record something. They are the 2 most driven to release music.

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:

Key word - "new" music. I said leftover chinese tracks. Why on earth would Slash and Duff want to play on a song written by Robin Finck and Paul Huge, release it, and see those guys make money off it. No chance.

Don't misinterpret what I said as Axl is dying to get new music out there...

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Key word - "new" music. I said leftover chinese tracks. Why on earth would Slash and Duff want to play on a song written by Robin Finck and Paul Huge, release it, and see those guys make money off it. No chance.

slash and duff could at least lace up some of the mythical songs we never had the chance to hear.

the general, seven, thyme... those type of songs. it's the only proper way to let these songs be heard at this point.

with the inclusion of slash and duff, these could be the biggest, most well-received songs of the post-94 era of guns.

especially if we got an official fuckin' video for heaven's sake!

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Just busting balls. They will contribute if they can have some of their songs on the album.

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:

I would actually think an album of songs written over the past two years with this lineup is far more likely to see the light of day than The General, Soul Monster, Thyme, etc.

Board footer