You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Surely he's not axing him due to the FBI being amidst an investigation into the Trump campaign, and replacing him with a new appointee who he feels won't continue the investigation.

I mean, what is this, "Playskool My First Presidency"?!

Trump made the letter himself, which is unusual, but he also states that Comey told him he wasn't under investigation... Which is odd. So the whole thing was dumb.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I'm excited for you to take every opportunity to be an asshole.

Consistency Mitch. The left can't call for Comey's head in November and be upset he's gone in may.

Why? Circumstances are much different. Now it appears Trump is under investigation and now that he has the power to, he fires comey inexplicably.

Trump has been under investigation since July. There's no story here. You guys have been saying for months "this is it!" and nothing happens. All the leaks at the start and no Snowden has spilled the beans.

Trump didn't work with Putin. It's time to move on.

I personally don't think Comey's comments at the senate hearing warrant any kind of reprimand, but I think he should have resigned after his letter to congress in late October.

misterID

misterID wrote:

You don't know that, unless you're privy to the classified info no one could make public. You kept saying the same thing about the pee dossier, when it turns out there was credible info in it. Simmer down, stop telling people to move on while the investigation is still ongoing.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:

You don't know that, unless you're privy to the classified info no one could make public. You kept saying the same thing about the pee dossier, when it turns out there was credible info in it. Simmer down, stop telling people to move on while the investigation is still ongoing.

I'm completely calm. When there's an ounce of proof to any coordination with Russia, I'll be the first to demand action. You already clarified weeks ago your conviction stems from your gut feeling and not any actual evidence.

I'm not interested in fighting with you guys over something you'll still be certain is going to be revealed moments away, 3 years from now.  Both our positions have been argued ad nauseum.

I want to know why Trump felt now was the time to fire Comey.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

FWIW

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein made the case for Comey's dismissal in a memorandum to Attorney General Jeff Sessions, who agreed with the recommendation and passed it along to Trump.

At the center of Rosenstein's rationale for recommending Comey's firing was Comey's handling of the investigation into Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server, namely his decision to recommend no charges be filed and the news conference he held to explain his reasoning.
Rosenstein accused Comey of attempting to "usurp the attorney general's authority" by publicly announcing why he felt the case should be closed without prosecution.

"Compounding the error, the director ignored another longstanding principle: We do not hold press conferences to release derogatory information about the subject of a declined criminal investigation," Rosenstein argued in his memo.

"We should reject the departure and return to the traditions (of the bureau)," Rosenstein said. "The way the director handled the conclusion of the email investigation was wrong. As a result, the FBI is unlikely to regain public and congressional trust until it has a director who understands the gravity of the mistakes and pledges never to repeat them."

The White House said it will immediately launch the search for a new FBI director.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/09/politics/ … index.html

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm completely calm. When there's an ounce of proof to any coordination with Russia, I'll be the first to demand action. You already clarified weeks ago your conviction stems from your gut feeling and not any actual evidence.

I'm not interested in fighting with you guys over something you'll still be certain is going to be revealed moments away, 3 years from now.  Both our positions have been argued ad nauseum.

I want to know why Trump felt now was the time to fire Comey.

It should be known that Nixon fired people that were investigating him a full year plus before he resigned.

You don't know a lot because none of us are allowed to know until it's over.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Seems like a 'convenient excuse' as they say...

misterID

misterID wrote:

My gut feeling is based on Trump being a liar, not revealing his taxes, his campaigns ties to Russia that they denied, his refusal to criticize Putin, defending him over his own intelligence agencies, those said agencies saying Russia worked to get him elected,  etc. That's what my gut feeling is based on.

Smoke-Showing.jpg

You know, I can't see any flames, but my gut tells me there's a fire in that house.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Comey fired...anyone see this coming?

It's outrageous IMO. Total banana republic move.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Seems like a 'convenient excuse' as they say...

This is going to hurt Trump imo. It's so blatant, especially after his twitter meltdown yesterday....there will be hell to pay.

Board footer