You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Terrorist Attack at Ariana Grande concert

James wrote:

Thanks for that recommendation. Karma. I've considered reading a book about him. What little I do know is he had no desire at the time and that is what caused them to push Eisenhower into politics.

If macArthur is prez during the Korean conflict, it goes nuclear fairly quickly but we're getting way off track.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

The major powers(US and Russia, maybe UK) are going to have to go door to door and massacre people Einsatzgruppen style. .

My gut reaction is agreement to a degree. Round 'em up and get the fuck out.

But it's not that simple and frankly it's totally unrealistic. As I said, many are second generation citizens. They were born in the country they attack.

What does shock me though are the European countries who provide extensive welfare to immigrants. I would imagine a lot of Muslims who are hostile towards western society, don't see this as an olive branch, but rather as a weakness.

Perhaps our European members could chime in. But I watched a 60 minute report about "no-go" zones in almost every country over there. I found that shocking to be honest. It seems completely out of control. Muslim enclaves where Sharia law is practiced, crime is rampant, and locals dare not go. The 60 minutes crew was attacked in that segment as well. Muslims marching in the street and saying "death to the UK" under the guise of free speech. In my opinion, if you advocate violence against your own country, you should be expelled, never to return. Adios. But it seems to be tolerated, exploited by the Muslims and allowed to fester.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

As a cafeteria / lapsed Catholic

Never heard that term. I had to Google it.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

TheSundanceKid wrote:

I mean the thing that I love about America (Great Grandparents were Irish American) even though I am Canadian is, that for the most part the US assimilates really well. Unlike Europe and some parts of Canada.

Huge Muslim population in Dearborn, yet no huge issue(s).

But, I mean if Irish people were blowing themselves up still in the name of Catholicism, of course you'd see the extra scrutiny. And what not. But, I think the Troubles are a false comparison to this shit we are experiencing today with radical Islam.

I am a huge Bill Maher fan, when he criticizes some dumb fucking liberals about this. As a cafeteria / lapsed Catholic I am not offended by his religious hatred. But for the most part he raises good issues about religion and Islam.

Like when people scream racism. Guess what? Muslim isn't a race. Multiple races of people can be Muslim.

I am of the left leaning nature with some conservative tendencies / I get conservatives in some ways, the old kind. Like I am not a bleeding heart dove, who takes offence to a lot of shit.

Love Richard Nixon, great President minus Watergate. I mean the EPA and Planned Parenthood are solid domestic things he did.

I think the greatest leader that America was unfortunate to never have as President was Douglas MacArthur, man that guy was way ahead of his time and right about so many things. I highly recommend: Douglas MacArthur American Warrior by Arthur Herman. Such a great read.

I'm more of a Marshall guy. Ive read all the books on him and consider him the greatest American Patriot and Western Leader in the 20th century.

I liked how he handled things. If it wasn't for him, Europe wouldn't be sticking their noses up at the rest of the world thinking they have any real influence outside of economic power in the modern world.

MacArthur was more concerned with his legacy and tooting his own horn than seeing the big picture. He defied Truman, and like Patton, wanted a war with Russia.

I abhor war, but I abhor people that would sacrifice their safety, culture and country to fulfill some naieve ideal even more.

Letting millions of impoverished and backwards people migrate to the west doesn't make the world better. It doesn't solve the problem and only makes it worse for those who already live in the west.  You never hear about countries outside of the west suffering demographic changes. Japan is a 1st world nation and they're still 99% ethnic Japanese. China nipped its Muslim migration before it even began.

This is where Trump has it 100% right. His ME tour has been a smashing success. We shouldn't be concerned with bullshit issues that have no impact on our quality of life. Our goal should be to extend western culture and media to these countries while expanding business. You put a McDonalds on every corner, and starving people no longer have to join the caliphate to survive. Trump got a lot of flack for his "we killed people too" comments to O'Reilly. But we didn't become civilized overnight either. The holocaust was a thing just over 70 years ago. And Britain and France had no problem kicking their Jews to the curb before ww2. America was segregated until 65. Australia had a whites only immigration policy until the late 70s.

These are problems the Middle East and Asia need to work out on their own. They didn't become fundamentalist until after the west, specifically America, tried to use them in a game of chess. The same is true in Latin America. Allowing millions to hop back and forth across our border isn't being helpful or open minded. It's allowing their problems to go unresolved and encouraging people to abandon their homes rather than work to resolve them. No one helped the US end Japanese internment, segregation, suffrage, slavery, child labor, marriage equality, etc.

In extreme cases we should consider military action, such as cases of genocide. But do I care that the Phillipines are executing drug dealers who have preyed on the weakest and most vulnerable of their society?  Fuck no.

50 years ago we tossed people in prison for smoking a joint. Now pot is essentially decriminalized in 30 states with more coming every year.

It's a process, and all too often we forget how much hard work it took to overcome them here. Outside of the most educated and qualified, the west should close their borders to 3rd world immigration. It doesn't enhance or enrich our countries. It just causes more despair in the countries they come from.

We now know this family was going to Syria and the bomber attended Isis training there. Why is the U.K. allowing its citizens to travel to Syria like it's Bermuda? 

At some point we're going to have to put the needs of our citizens ahead of the comfort over the few immigrants who view our nations as nothing but a cow to be milked and exploited.

James

James wrote:

I know one thing....this kind of shit has to stop.

030716e1.jpg

The girl on the right is smiling. Is she smiling now? Probably not.

image-241.jpeg

We see where it leads. THis blue/red liberal/conservative shit needs to take a rain check on certain issues, this being the main one.

a2008-07-14-proimmigration2.gif

Yeah.....sounds like a real good idea!

James

James wrote:

Soldiers deployed on streets in race to foil second terror attack after threat level raised to 'critical'

Up to 5,000 soldiers will be deployed on the streets amid fears that the ?Manchester suicide bomber had accomplices preparing further attacks, Theresa May has announced.

For the first time in 10 years, the Prime Minister said the terror threat had been raised to the highest possible level, from ?severe to critical, meaning an attack ?is “expected imminently”.

Investigators fear that the British-born bomber Salman Abedi, a 22-year-old of Libyan descent, was part of a wider network of Isil-inspired terrorists, including a bomb-maker, who may still be at large.

Special Forces were deployed to Manchester ready to engage in the hunt for accomplices of Abedi, who killed 22 concert-goers in Britain’s worst terrorist atrocity for 12 years.

Outlining the increased risk, Mrs May said: “It is a possibility we cannot ignore that there is a wider group of ?individuals linked to this attack.”

Mrs May also announced that troops would replace police officers at set-piece events including sports venues and concerts.

It will be the first time since 2003 – when the Government reacted to a plot to bring down an airliner – that troops are deployed on the streets.

With the FA Cup final this weekend, Mrs May acted on the advice of the Joint Terrorism Analysis Centre after chairing two meetings of the Cobra emergency committee.

Security will also be stepped up at major public events and terrorist targets such as railway stations and airports.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05 … anchester/

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

Yeah, let's go for more strict immigration laws, highlight the differences between us and those backwards muslims a bit more... you know, forsake any effort to bridge the ever-increasing divide 'cause reasons... ?

What a load of bullshit. Some of you really need to read up on who those radicalized muslims in Europe actually are. They're not first generation immigrants, they are not refugees, they are not uber-religious fanatics. Hell, most of them wouldn't be able to recite a Koran verse if their life depended on it. This whole crisis (the domestic muslim terrorism one, not the refugee crisis) at it's heart has nothing to do with religion, it's a bunch of disenfranchised youth looking for an identity and the fringe muslim fanatics happen to have an attractive, testosteron infused, identity to sell to them. Provide them with a more attractive alternative, and they will choose that instead, plain and simple.

It all comes from the exact same spot where all the misplaced patriotism is coming from in the US, the whole "rah rah, we're number one" bullshit that some of you seem to thrive on. These kids have made the mistake of thinking that an ideology defines who you are, that you ARE muslim or catholic, that you ARE a westerner or middle-easterner. The world would be a much better place if it weren't full of people who spouted nonsense like "I'm a christian, a conservative and a republican, in that order!". For all the talk about identity politics, THAT is a striking example right there, that's the core of the problem. People don't think for themselves, they choose an ideology and let the powers that be do the thinking for them. Everything has become a caricature of itself... we're all walking stereotypes, talking in catchphrases... ugh... so fucking depressing!

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

TheMole wrote:

Yeah, let's go for more strict immigration laws, highlight the differences between us and those backwards muslims a bit more... you know, forsake any effort to bridge the ever-increasing divide 'cause reasons... ?

What a load of bullshit. Some of you really need to read up on who those radicalized muslims in Europe actually are. They're not first generation immigrants, they are not refugees, they are not uber-religious fanatics. Hell, most of them wouldn't be able to recite a Koran verse if their life depended on it. This whole crisis (the domestic muslim terrorism one, not the refugee crisis) at it's heart has nothing to do with religion, it's a bunch of disenfranchised youth looking for an identity and the fringe muslim fanatics happen to have an attractive, testosteron infused, identity to sell to them. Provide them with a more attractive alternative, and they will choose that instead, plain and simple.

It all comes from the exact same spot where all the misplaced patriotism is coming from in the US, the whole "rah rah, we're number one" bullshit that some of you seem to thrive on. These kids have made the mistake of thinking that an ideology defines who you are, that you ARE muslim or catholic, that you ARE a westerner or middle-easterner. The world would be a much better place if it weren't full of people who spouted nonsense like "I'm a christian, a conservative and a republican, in that order!". For all the talk about identity politics, THAT is a striking example right there, that's the core of the problem. People don't think for themselves, they choose an ideology and let the powers that be do the thinking for them. Everything has become a caricature of itself... we're all walking stereotypes, talking in catchphrases... ugh... so fucking depressing!

Yea. American Patriots who love, support and cheer our constitution are blowing themselves up at a kids concert or shooting up a night club all the time.

Get over yourself. The last time a white person blew something up that wasn't Irish, was McVeigh in 95. Everyone here knows who Dylan Roof is. But I bet you don't know the name of the Arab who shot up a gay night club.

Millions of Muslims support ISIS and radical Islam. They're actively trying to infiltrate the west. That's not true with any other terrorist group. That's the facts, regardless of your naieve, kumbaya world view.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

The Mole, I like you, but that was maybe the biggest load of bullshit I may have ever read in my life.  The typical "It's America's fault" is so tired and lame. How about some Fucking accountability!

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Get over yourself. The last time a white person blew something up that wasn't Irish, was McVeigh in 95. Everyone here knows who Dylan Roof is. But I bet you don't know the name of the Arab who shot up a gay night club.

They just picked up a neo nazi loser in Florida with explosives and poster of McVeigh at his place. Other plots have also been thrwarted before they occurred. They are out there too. We just happen to catch them before they act here. They also tend to be more prone to using bullets, not bombs.

And law enforcement in America see fringe right wing groups as just as big, if not sometimes more of a threat, than "radical" Islam.

But I disagree with Mole on one point in particular. Religion. The kids they brainwash to do these thing may not necessarily be religious zealots, but they run into the arms of religious zealots, who then brainwash them to carry out these atrocities. And as I said, while many of these are second generation citizens (we agree there), many already identify as Muslim before making the move up to nutjob/mass murderer.

Board footer