You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Chris Cornell dead

James wrote:

Gotta link? Is it coming from a gossip site or is it a full on twitter war?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Moreover, he said that if Chris had taken his own life, he'd done so unknowingly.

No disrespect intended but I don't like this part of the narrative being created. You just don't "unknowingly" kill yourself. Yes he was under the influence of drugs and it helped send him over the edge but it feels like they're trying to push this as some kind of accident.

I really hope this is not a repeat of the Michael Hutchence tragedy.

You had always said I saved you, that you wouldn't be alive if it were not for me.

I don't doubt this for a second. Hardcore SG fans know the hell that Susan Silver put him through for years and its pretty much a guarantee that the songs in his discog that are negative towards women/relationships are mainly directed at her.

I'm sorry you were alone,

This is very sad. This is one reason GNR fans shouldn't give Axl such a hard time for his Team Brazil entourage. Axl has mentioned how they have saved him and he probably needs that support system, whether fans like TB or not.

If god forbid Axl were to get into a serious funk on the road and starts thinking irrationally, he has people there to assist him and get him help if he needs it.

Cornell didn't have that. He had one bodyguard and didn't live the "rock star life".

Good point about Axl. A lot of fans give TB shit, but if Axl views them as family and they've been there for him all these years who are we to say they're no good for him?

Howard Stern did a tribute to Cornell on Monday's show and they played clips of their previous interviews. It was eerie to hear Chris talk about how tragic Cobain's suicide was for his family, friends, fans, and everyone. Such a shame.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

It's all on twitter - Eddie Vedder doesn't have twitter but it's pretty clear it's all aimed at him

Check out the last 12 hours activity of Toni Karayiannis@ToniKaras

James

James wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

It's all on twitter - Eddie Vedder doesn't have twitter but it's pretty clear it's all aimed at him

Check out the last 12 hours activity of Toni Karayiannis@ToniKaras

ugh. Reading that points out one of the main reasons I hate this social media culture. She sounds like a complete moron and I doubt Cornell would want her spewing that garbage.

Its attention whoring plain and simple and she's using Cornell's children to get that attention by trying to have a twitter war with Vedder.

I hope he doesn't take the bait.

Its obvious the two of them were close no matter what this woman says. I'll wait for the real story from Eddie's side of the fence if its ever addressed.

Why in the hell is his mother in law becoming his social media spokesperson? Someone needs to shut this shit down quick.

James

James wrote:

SOUNDGARDEN's Front-Of-House Engineer Says CHRIS CORNELL Seemed 'High' And 'F**ked Up' During Last Concert

Chris Cornell seemed to be under the influence of drugs during his last-ever performance, says his longtime front-of-house engineer and tour manager.

The 52-year-old SOUNDGARDEN frontman was pronounced dead early Thursday morning after being found unresponsive in his Detroit hotel room on Wednesday night. The band had played a concert at the Fox Theatre earlier that evening.

Ted Keedick, who worked with Chris for the last decade, told TMZ: "Chris was out of character from note one of the show. I've never heard or seen him that way before, at least if we did not cancel a show… I'd never heard his voice that way before. He was having serious control problems."

Keedick told TMZ that he was positioned in the middle of the audience with his mixing board, and at one point during the concert he was so concerned he phoned someone backstage and asked what was wrong with Chris.

Keedick added that Chris seemed "high" and "fucked up," but not depressed.

As previously reported, the Detroit Police Department revealed some of the details of Cornell's final moments. A police report obtained by The Detroit News revealed that Cornell went to his hotel about fifteen minutes after the band's concert on Wednesday night. His bodyguard, Martin Kirsten, had worked on Cornell's computer for a bit and gave him two doses of the prescription anti-anxiety medicine, Ativan.

At 11:35 p.m., he was on the phone with his wife. Then at 12:15 a.m., concerned because he was slurring his words and sounded groggy, she called and asked Kirsten to go check on her husband.

After talking to Cornell's wife, Kirsten walked two doors down and found the room door locked. Hotel security stated they could not let him into the room because he was not registered to that room. At this time, Kirsten kicked in the door and went to the bedroom door and had to kick that door open as well.

He found Cornell on the bathroom floor with blood running from his mouth and a red exercise band around his neck." Hotel medic Dawn Jones was on the scene by 12:56 a.m., she untied the band from around Cornell's neck and began CPR on the singer, who was not breathing.

A short time later, an EMS Unit arrived on the scene and an emergency medical technician also tried to perform CPR. By 1:30 a.m., Cornell was pronounced dead by a doctor on the scene. Homicide detectives also arrived to investigate while an officer called Vicky Cornell to report on her husband's death.

Later that day, the medical examiner pronounced his death a suicide. The family believes that if Chris took his life, he did not know what he was doing, and that drugs or other substances may have affected his actions.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/soundg … t-concert/

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Yamcha wrote:

James: I am really sorry for your loss as I know you were a big fan. I wasn't, as you may know. However I did feel affected by his passing. I don't really know why.
In regards with Vicky I have very mixed feelings about her, especially after that letter you posted. This letter left me cold. It's all crafted, and like you, I question the reason why she wrote

Moreover, he said that if Chris had taken his own life, he'd done so unknowingly.

johndivney wrote:
Yamcha wrote:

. This letter left me cold. It's all crafted, and like you, I question the reason why she wrote

Think you've misread.

James

James wrote:

Chris Cornell had apparently taken more than Ativan before hanging himself, because we've learned he had fresh track marks on his arm when his body was discovered in a Detroit hotel room.

Sources connected to the investigation tell us ... the track marks were "obvious." The singer had a history of using drugs. The toxicology tests will reveal what drugs were found in Chris' system.

The new information is consistent with our story that Ted Keedick, Chris' longtime house engineer and tour manager, said Chris seemed "high" and "f***ed up" during the concert ... hours before his death.

Chris' wife has said her husband had told her he took "an extra Ativan or two."

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2017/05/25/ch … m-suicide/

-------------

DAMN. He was definitely strung out on drugs again, likely heroin. He should not have been mixing heroin and benzos. He also should not have been touring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbp53rNOcQE

James

James wrote:
Yamcha wrote:

James: I am really sorry for your loss as I know you were a big fan. I wasn't, as you may know. I only listened to a couple songs. However I did feel affected by his passing. I don't really know why.

You're from the 90s generation. Even if not a huge fan, you were certainly aware of him and you listened to bands associated with Cornell/SG.

When people like Cornell die, a part of our youth dies and we are reminded of our own mortality.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Once a man hits 50 your body cannot handle certain drug interactions and can do really, really weird shit to you.

Board footer