You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Facebook Announcement

monkeychow wrote:

Since 1987 there's been 8 leap years.

We could have been fans of Feb 29th.

It would be more rewarding 16

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

Temper tantrums over this announcement is another case of a fanbase reading too much between the lines, setting up themselves for disappointment and expecting something that has n`t been promised.

If, after all these years, you still don`t know how Axl operates, then you have no one to blame for your disappointments but yourself.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

Temper tantrums over this announcement is another case of a fanbase reading too much between the lines, setting up themselves for disappointment and expecting something that has n`t been promised.

Your right.

It's absurd to think a professional music act would be able to or have desire to release more than 1 album in a 25 year timeframe.

It also makes perfect sense to highlight the release dates of their other albums in a teaser video to launch the 4th leg of this tour and to tell everyone there's a big surprise on the horizon.

It's clearly the fans at fault.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Aussie, Monkey, Metallex, Bono, Gibbo and Flashflood GET IT!!!! 

They sum up everything perfectly.. They hyped up a bullshit leg of the tour as if AFD 2 was about to be released... Yet we are told "why let it bother you", "Why did you expect anything", "be lucky they are even alive", "be grateful for what you have"....

FUCK YOU!!!!! What kind of sheep loser mentality is that??!?!?!  That is equivalent to Nick Saban saying, "oh well guys, we won some national titles, be content, no need to strive to be our best 100% of the time, lets be lazy mother fuckers and tell the fans they are lucky we are even playing football".. Do you think Michael Jordan or Leborn or Tom Brady would ever approach their craft how Axl approaches his and just show up to arenas to "play ball" and not try and win or be the best they can be?  Fuck, Mick Jagger wouldn't, Slash didn't when he wasn't in GNR, neither did Duff.  This apologist mentality for Axl is so fucking detrimental to the band and embarrassing to those that push that snowflake pussy bullshit. 

AXL, GRAB YOUR FUCKING 54 YEAR OLD BALLS AND SING YOUR ASS OFF AND GIVE US A GOD DAMN REASON TO BE A FAN ANYMORE!!!!!

I would not be pissed one bit if they didn't do a 1 week promo video push for an announcement of arena tour dates.  This may be one of the most disappointing days in GNR history...

?

I guess I felt this way in 2004. After all this time I guess I know better than to be invested so much that it would cause that kind of reaction. SG, you set yourself up for bitter disappointment since the carwash and the dream AFD 5 reunion, and I took a lot of shit for pissing on the parade, but it was never going to live up to what you built in your mind and it eroded quickly with your bashing of Frank, then Richard, etc.

It's not about being sheep but knowing not to set yourself up. They believe more tour dates is huge news, that's what the band is now, The Grateful Dead. That doesn't interest me, only new music, but I'm not going to lose my shit over it. I hope they make tons of money. Good for them.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

Your right.

It's absurd to think a professional music act would be able to or have desire to release more than 1 album in a 25 year timeframe.

It also makes perfect sense to highlight the release dates of their other albums in a teaser video to launch the 4th leg of this tour and to tell everyone there's a big surprise on the horizon.

You have n`t been watching this band all these years, have you ?

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Ragnar wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

Your right.

You have n`t been watching this band all these years, have you ?

Do you not know who you're talking to...? This is the almighty MONKEYCHOW, one of the longest standing and most respected members of this forum.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Let me clear, I am not surprised one bit by the bullshit stunt that was pulled. It is a typical Axl move. However it would be nice one fucking time for him to prove us wrong and do something really fucking cool. Duff and Axl both went to a U2 show recently in which U2 is playing the Joshua Tree in order WITH a new song and neither of them thought, "hmm, this is pretty Fucking cool, we should do something like this for our fans". Hahaha...  We should all be pissed at the wasted years.

Cornell died at 52, but nobody can complain at all about the lack of material he put out. I fear we are going to lose some guys and the full potential was never realized. What is really sad is we know for a fact that Slash, Duff, and Richard want nothing more than to make some new music. There is only one person holding them back.

I kind of expected this amateur hour event to happen, but it still
Pisses me off because Axl, being the joke he is now, is so Fucking predictable.

What happened to "The most dangerous band in the world".

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Aussie, Monkey, Metallex, Bono, Gibbo and Flashflood GET IT!!!! 

They sum up everything perfectly.. They hyped up a bullshit leg of the tour as if AFD 2 was about to be released... Yet we are told "why let it bother you", "Why did you expect anything", "be lucky they are even alive", "be grateful for what you have"....

FUCK YOU!!!!! What kind of sheep loser mentality is that??!?!?!  That is equivalent to Nick Saban saying, "oh well guys, we won some national titles, be content, no need to strive to be our best 100% of the time, lets be lazy mother fuckers and tell the fans they are lucky we are even playing football".. Do you think Michael Jordan or Leborn or Tom Brady would ever approach their craft how Axl approaches his and just show up to arenas to "play ball" and not try and win or be the best they can be?  Fuck, Mick Jagger wouldn't, Slash didn't when he wasn't in GNR, neither did Duff.  This apologist mentality for Axl is so fucking detrimental to the band and embarrassing to those that push that snowflake pussy bullshit. 

AXL, GRAB YOUR FUCKING 54 YEAR OLD BALLS AND SING YOUR ASS OFF AND GIVE US A GOD DAMN REASON TO BE A FAN ANYMORE!!!!!

I would not be pissed one bit if they didn't do a 1 week promo video push for an announcement of arena tour dates.  This may be one of the most disappointing days in GNR history...

Bono's back?  Interesting.

It's not that we don't get it.  Sadly we've gotten it for some time. That's why we're not surprised. Wanting more and knowing what to expect are two different things.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

If I didn't have 15 years telling me better, I would've maybe expected something.

New albums aren't teased or promoted with some cheap ass video template featuring your biggest mega hits on it.

The point of marketing is to get your attention. Y'all got played and are mad about it.

Smoking Guns wrote:

Do you think Michael Jordan or Leborn or Tom Brady would ever approach their craft how Axl approaches his and just show up to arenas to "play ball" and not try and win or be the best they can be?

You want the best? Well they didn't fuckin' make it. So here's what you get, from Hollywood, a warmed over cash-grab nostalgia tour.

Chris Pitman > GN'R. Let that sink in.

GNR was the best. Don't be a sheep. You are better than this. Anyone cool with this stunt today is part of the damn problem.

You're mistaking cool with it for not being shocked at all. Disappointed?  Sure, but it's exactly what was expected. I'm too old to get mad when the expected happens.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Let me clear, I am not surprised one bit by the bullshit stunt that was pulled.

Looking at your, ahem, emotional response, I was kinda thinking you were surprised, even disappointed.

It is what it is. This is pretty much the last gravy train their tickets are valid for; they realized they need to board it now. We can take it or leave it, our choice.

Smoking Guns wrote:

What happened to "The most dangerous band in the world".

Big business, managers and lawyers. Money thwarts many a rebellion. Now, they're mainly dangerous to your blood pressure.

Board footer