You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: Facebook Announcement

I can understand frustration on no new music. Hell frustration is our default setting. I just don't get why this video is what's sending people (one person) over the edge. Like Axl sat at home editing the video himself. A promo company will have done it with a brief that some new dates will be announced so make a video to hype it up.

Was it a bit misleading? Maybe, a bit. No new music in 9 years is entirely on Axl. Having a meltdown because a facebook video that promised nothing ultimately delivered nothing aside some new tour dates and was almost certainly not even seen by Axl? Sorry that's not on Axl.

jamarketing02
 Rep: 1 

A Private Eye wrote:

I can understand frustration on no new music. Hell frustration is our default setting. I just don't get why this video is what's sending people (one person) over the edge. Like Axl sat at home editing the video himself. A promo company will have done it with a brief that some new dates will be announced so make a video to hype it up.

Was it a bit misleading? Maybe, a bit. No new music in 9 years is entirely on Axl. Having a meltdown because a facebook video that promised nothing ultimately delivered nothing aside some new tour dates and was almost certainly not even seen by Axl? Sorry that's not on Axl.

Diehard fan here for 30 years.....

Few Facts:

1.  I have been to 3 shows in last 5 years.   Met   Tommy, Richard, and Frank after show in Atlantic City 2/12..was amazing.  Wife met Ashba, cool dude.  At NITL 7/23 NYC (VIP Riser) last year.   Was awesome.

2. I am beyond stoked about Axl and Slash coexisting on stage.  (Personally believe its just on stage for all of u thinking their best friends )  2016 couldnt have been more exciting for all of us true Gunners!

3. Axl has released 16 new, original Guns songs in 24 years. (Guest apppearances dont count) 17 if you count Jackie Chan snippet leak.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion....esp regarding #3.   I, IN NO way shape or form want a band that releases an album of crap every 2-3 years.   But 16 songs since 1993 is a bit extreme.  I will always love Axl and Co and have been there through thick and thin......but even with 2 shows this year being added that are each less than an hour from me (Philly and Hershey).....I cant justify spending a dollar more on any GNR merch or shows until we get a TAD of new product.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

You guys are the same ones that say it is the woman's fault for getting raped cause she is hot and she should expect it...

I don't fucking think so...i should be pretty fucking pissed off that u would insinuate that I would ever condone something like that...pretty ignorant comment but I'm gonna let it slide cuz I know ur mad

Besides comparing GNR fandom to battered wife syndrome is soooo 2004 16

IMO acting like a fan is more like rolling with the decisions (or indecisions) of the band and still retaining a positive outlook as opposed to bitching about something that u knew was never gonna happen anyway...if the past is any indication...we will know about a new release long before GNR actually announces anything publicly

Anyhow I think it's cool they are coming around again...but I'm still undecided if I want to bother attending (again)

Pretty sad cuz I wanted nothing more than a reunion for a long time ... yet my desire to go see them is virtually non-existent

I haven't even bought anything to do with the GNR brand since CD was released

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

THings in today's culture live and die by its trends. This whole thing was pushed on social media for that very reason. It got people talking about them and hashtagging GNR from here to Timbuktu. That was the plan. Its how you market your product.

Whether anyone is happy or not with the announcement, people know about these new dates added.....which was the point.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Neemo wrote:

The same shit has been happening for 12 years...

It's no good expecting more than the minimum...sometimes it's not even worth it to expect the minimum...otherwise u will just be disappointed

Not sure why this particular incident is the straw that broke the camel's back...we all figured a 2nd US leg was coming...now it's confirmed...yay

You guys are the same ones that say it is the woman's fault for getting raped cause she is hot and she should expect it...

Heaven forbid fans expect something cool after that fucking hype video which focuses on many GNR landmark achievements!!  Like, acting like a normal fan(atic) is a bad thing I guess in the GNR world... Sorry I acted as a normal fan.  I should as other have said, act like a fan that has fallen victim to Stockholm Syndrome where after years of abuse you begin to feel loyal and sorry for your abuser which is common among people who are abducted...

That's disgusting and pathetic. You're acting exactly like bono and I have zero desire to wade through vile, petty, toddler bullshit.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

What happened to "The most dangerous band in the world".

apex-twin wrote:

Big business, managers and lawyers. Money thwarts many a rebellion. Now, they're mainly dangerous to your blood pressure.

Smoking Guns wrote:

Nope. It's all Axl man... nothing to do with lawyers or managers. Axl is the only reason for lack of new shit. PERIOD.

Please. Axl got spooked away from releasing stuff and his handlers sealed him into a bubble, which exasparated his mental issues. I'm talking people like Doug Goldstein; everybody who was around in the UYI days agrees he basically wedged himself in between Ax and the rest of the band. Afterwards, Axl was a full-on hermit for a number of years. That baggage was brought on muchly by success, which also commonly attracts sycophants.

Now, he's been rebounding from the terrible spectacle of CD. 14 years of his life to a mediocre reception, with various games played around him, his band and the album. Surely, it's ultimately down on him, as he owns the Guns name, but you asked what happened to change his paradigm. My answer, those money-loving hangers-on. Had he possessed a healthier support network, things would've gone different. However, if you decide to agree on every whim and mood swing of his, prepare to jump through hoops for years on end.

From the outset, Ax pined for positive re-enforcement for years. Now, he's getting heaps of it by fronting the NITL-Guns and Axl/DC. He appears a lot better off mentally than in, say, 2002. Hard to say if an album will ever materialize, but after CD, waiting for it too eagerly seems like a fool's errand to me. Sorry to see you so wound up about the state of things, but Ax said it best himself; live your life. It beats complaining over the headspace of a 50-something millionaire.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Neemo wrote:

The same shit has been happening for 12 years...

It's no good expecting more than the minimum...sometimes it's not even worth it to expect the minimum...otherwise u will just be disappointed

Not sure why this particular incident is the straw that broke the camel's back...we all figured a 2nd US leg was coming...now it's confirmed...yay

Heaven forbid fans expect something cool after that fucking hype video which focuses on many GNR landmark achievements!!  Like, acting like a normal fan(atic) is a bad thing I guess in the GNR world... Sorry I acted as a normal fan.  I should as other have said, act like a fan that has fallen victim to Stockholm Syndrome where after years of abuse you begin to feel loyal and sorry for your abuser which is common among people who are abducted...

That's disgusting and pathetic. You're acting exactly like bono and I have zero desire to wade through vile, petty, toddler bullshit.

No need to attack a fine poster that is no longer here, plus he is a great dude in person... my comment was provocative, yes, but should have opened some eyes. My God even the Stones release something on almost every tour. We all love GNR, but I want them to be their best while many there are content because we are "lucky" they are still alive.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

No need to attack a fine poster that is no longer here, plus he is a great dude in person... my comment was provocative, yes, but should have opened some eyes. My God even the Stones release something on almost every tour. We all love GNR, but I want them to be their best while many there are content because we are "lucky" they are still alive.

*edit*. That was a stupid analogy and an even pettier reason.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Guns N' Roses kicked off the latest leg of their Not in This Lifetime Tour Saturday night in Slane, Ireland, where the band performed Soundgarden's "Black Hole Sun" as a tribute to Chris Cornell.

https://www.facebook.com/gunsnroses/vid … 033418069/

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

cool gesture

Board footer