You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Chris Cornell dead

Smoking Guns wrote:

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I've been in total shock over this. When I saw it that next morning I thought it had to be a fucking joke. There's no way Chris would kill himself after all he'd been through and having seemingly made it through.

I've been listening to all of his work since it happened. One lyric in particular has stood out to me from Worried Moon. "If it all goes wrong, and I'm a heart without a home, maybe you can talk me down, from doing myself in." It seemed so much more innocent to me the other times I heard it. But ever since I have really heard the darkness underlying 90% of his stuff.

"I've got a long way to go, I'll be off in the morning, I hope but I don't know."

RIP.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

jesus Christ. Now that's the album I should've been listening to this past week.....his last. That song is heavy shit. Sounds like he's contemplating it but at the same time is unsure of himself.

I haven't heard this album since its release. Some of these song titles are dark. Before We Disappear, Through the Window, Our Time in the Universe.

All these eyes
Looking On
Make me blind and put me down
And the noise just drowns me out

Man....workaholic or not....the guy needed a break. he didn't get one and nobody talked him down.....that part of the song sounds like his marriage may have been disintegrating. We'll never know as that part of his life will be portayed as bliss now that her and his in laws run the show.

They're doing their job and his memory so well....first round was shitting on Eddie Vedder.

Tomorrow's soundtrack will be Higher Truth. Thanks for pointing out the lyrics of that song. Its an eye opener for sure.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Saikin wrote:

It seemed so much more innocent to me the other times I heard it. But ever since I have really heard the darkness underlying 90% of his stuff.

This is how i'm finding it too. I always knew there was some emotional and dark stuff in his songs but it just hits you like slap now. It's hard to divorce this outcome from the music. I guess in time it will be - like we can listen to famous composers of the past without worrying about their deaths...but at the moment...every second lyric stands out to me...it's very emotional.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I went back to Audioslave's Revelations album after stumbling across an acoustic version of Wide Awake. And while I agree, it's no where as strong as their debut, there are still some strong tracks on here. Wide Awake in particular is awesome, both solo acoustic, and full band version.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

jesus Christ. Now that's the album I should've been listening to this past week.....his last. That song is heavy shit. Sounds like he's contemplating it but at the same time is unsure of himself.

I haven't heard this album since its release. Some of these song titles are dark. Before We Disappear, Through the Window, Our Time in the Universe.

All these eyes
Looking On
Make me blind and put me down
And the noise just drowns me out

Man....workaholic or not....the guy needed a break. he didn't get one and nobody talked him down.....that part of the song sounds like his marriage may have been disintegrating. We'll never know as that part of his life will be portayed as bliss now that her and his in laws run the show.

They're doing their job and his memory so well....first round was shitting on Eddie Vedder.

Tomorrow's soundtrack will be Higher Truth. Thanks for pointing out the lyrics of that song. Its an eye opener for sure.

That entire album has become way darker for me now. For me Higher Truth is tied with Euphoria Morning. Both albums are just incredible for different reasons.

Even the lead single "Nearly Forgot My Broken Heart." Like no matter what he did that darkness always came back. Or "Circling," "circling, around the drain, hope that I'll make it home, I've never felt, so far away, dark is the heart that wanders."

I'm not sure it will ever make sense any other way now.

James

James wrote:

A toxicology report for Chris Cornell has been obtained by TMZ, and it reveals a multitude of prescription drugs in the late Soundgarden singer’s body at the time of his death in a hotel room in Detroit.

As previously reported, Cornell’s death was ruled a suicide by hanging by the medical examiner. Now, TMZ reveals that the toxicology report shows that Cornell had Naloxone (Narcan), Butalbital (sedative), Lorazepam (Ativan), Pseudoephedrine (decongestant) and barbiturates in his system, and apparently had taken four 1 mg Lorazepam tablets. However, the Narcan was apparently administered by EMTs in an effort to counteract the other drugs in Cornell’s system.

In response to TMZ’s report, Cornell’s widow, Vicky, issued the following statement:

Many of us who know Chris well, noticed that he wasn’t himself during his final hours and that something was very off. We have learned from this report that several substances were found in his system. After so many years of sobriety, this moment of terrible judgement seems to have completely impaired and altered his state of mind.

Something clearly went terribly wrong and my children and I are heartbroken and are devastated that this moment can never be taken back. We very much appreciate all of the love we have received during this extremely difficult time and are dedicated to helping others in preventing this type of tragedy.
The news comes after Vicky and the family’s legal team had questioned the medical examiner’s quick ruling that Cornell’s death was a suicide by hanging. This is a developing story. Stay tuned for more details as they emerge.

http://loudwire.com/chris-cornell-toxic … ck=tsmclip

She also released another statement:

Chris Cornell’s Widow Remembers Touching Proposal And Emotional Wedding
By Brett Buchanan -
Vicky Cornell has posted the following:

I met you on a starry Paris night at Hotel Plaza Athenee after we were called to arrange Audioslave’s under the radar after show party for the following night. I remember being introduced to you and how your eyes pierced through me.

You had the show the next day, and I did not attend. I met up with everyone at your after party, and when you realized I wasn’t at the show, you dryly asked, “Well, where were you… out having a sandwich?” A bunch of us sat, and I recall you ordering foie gras and me asking if you were sure you knew what you were ordering. You always had such elegant taste.

A friend asked who was the most beautiful girl at L’Avenue, and you got up in front of everyone, looked all around, came back, and you pointed at me. We talked that night until the sun came up, and it was time for you to leave for the next city. You called me the very next day, and 3 days, later we found ourselves together in London.

I remember how you ran in, fearful I had left because you were late from Zane Lowe’s show, and you were meeting me for tea time. At the time, I thought I needed to be careful and tried to distance my heart from falling in love with you… but you didn’t let that happen, and you zigzagged back and forth across the world to visit me. You were permanently jet-lagged because you couldn’t bear our time away from each other.

I finally came to visit you in New York on the 2003 Lollapalooza tour and threw your 39th birthday party. A few weeks later, I was on Mykonos, and you were still on Lollapalooza singing to me over the phone, “oh sweet Ms Vicky, won’t you come and marry me.”

I didn’t know what to think other than I loved you, and I was all in.

I flew to LA with my mom the day before my birthday in August. You gave me the most beautiful surprises from flowers, candles, and balloons everywhere to wrapped boxes of all shapes and sizes like it was Christmas. You made me feel like a princess.

You moved into the Beverly Hills Hotel because I was staying there. You woke up one morning doing flips on the bed. You asked me to come sit with you, and you said you had to take your necklace back. I thought, “No… why?” but you proceeded to cut it off and take the silver ring that was on it and said, “I woke up and I had the strangest vision of doing this. I’m not prepared with the real ring, but I want to marry you.” The ring fit perfectly, and while you surprised me with a Harry Winston several weeks later, I could not bear to take it off, and I used it as my wedding band. The two always represented how different you and I were but how perfectly we fit together.

I remember doing the civil wedding and how you cried. I had never met such a sensitive and special man.
We had our beautiful babies, and you were convinced we were soulmates, and that you had been looking for me. I’m so happy you found me. I’m so happy for the nearly 14 and a half years we spent together. We did everything together, literally, everything. You were my best friend, and when I wasn’t out on tour, we were on the phone at least 4 hours a day.

You were the best father, husband, and son-in-law to my parents. Your patience, empathy, and love always shone through.

You had always said I saved you. You wouldn’t be alive if it were not for me. My heart gleamed to see you happy living and motivated. Excited for life. Doing everything you can to give back. We had the time of our lives in the last decade, and I’m sorry my sweet love that I did not see what happened to you that night, I’m sorry you were alone, and I know that was NOT you my sweet Christopher. Your children know that too so you can Rest In Peace.

I am broken, but I will stand up for you, and I will take care of our beautiful babies. I will think of you every minute of every day, and I will fight for you. You were right when you said we are soulmates. It has been said that paths that have crossed will cross again, and I know that you will come find me, and I will be here waiting.
I love you more than anyone has ever loved anyone in the history of loving and more than anyone ever will.

ALWAYS AND FOREVER,
YOUR VICKY

http://www.chriscornell.com

James

James wrote:

She's starting to get some fan backlash to this and deservedly so. Her statements are too personal and she's using HIS FB page to post this stuff, not hers. Its also on his official site.

This woman is old enough to know to keep such thoughts private and not need to pour your heart out on social media. Most of it reveolves around herself, not Chris.

Its on the verge of becoming attention whoring.

As for the drug test results....

I don't think drugs were the issue. 4 mg of Ativan? That's not much at all. I've taken  3-4 times that at the height of my pill use. Yeah it would down the average person and they'd probably sleep for 12 hours but for a drug user.....maybe the mix with barbituates created some sort of 'perfect storm' that led to this tragedy but I think he was doing this one way or the other. He may have been taking this to try and bring himself DOWN from the ledge..if anything.  IMO his wife is trying to use drugs as a cover and make it appear like everything was peaches and cream.

Board footer