You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

TRUMP OPENS MEETING DISCUSSING RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN THE 2016 ELECTION.

I hope Trump was a boss in today's meeting.

I doubt that, given his pathetic statements yesterday about our country and who was responsible for election meddling.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Chicago isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be.  There are places not to go and times not to go there.  Everyone that lives there knows these things.  For the most part, the gangs keep the killings among themselves.  It's obviously an issue for those that live in these areas as they are potential unintended victims, but for most people Chicago is completely safe from a murder perspective.

This is absolutely true, for the most part. Stray bullet killings do happen, but not often.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Fucking Trump, it's not like Obama went around badmouthing the US...oh fuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXT4_Kon5UQ

I know, I'm a fat beta male liar.  Obama was amazing, never did anything wrong and even if Trump does the same thing Barry did, it's somehow unheard of, an attack on democracy and the end of America.  Black Jesus

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The "rant" is about accepting personal responsibility.

Didn't you grow up on food stamps as a kid?

Grow up on?  No.  We may have had them at one point; I know we had reduced lunches at some point at school.  I didn't grow up with much; that's why I save money and don't have credit card debt.  I refuse to ever go back to that.  How I am living now is like a king compared to growing up.  That's good enough for me.  When we built this house, we told them not to even tell us what we could spend, but to only approve us to 150K.  We could probably spend 500K+, but why?  My wife just replaced her 100K mile Hyundai Elantra with a brand new one (our first new car ever) because it was about to die.  That's our splurge for the next 5 years and we'll pay more each payment than we owe (as we do on the house).  Personal accountability/responsibility. 

If you actually try to understand what I've said all along, I have zero, ZERO issues helping those that actually need help.  It's not however meant to be a way of life.  Help those in need?  Absolutely.  Help those that could work but would rather just play video games all day?  No thanks.

Who supports helping people who just want to play video games? I don't know anyone like that.

But I can relate to you here...I did grow up on food stamps and was the benificiary of several other government programs.

By no fault of my own, I was put in that situation. I did not choose it.

Why? Because my father spent my childhood behind bars. Including an 11 year sentence for what amounted to attempted murder and raper. He was/is a bad man.

I'm 35 now and I own a business and employ 20 people. I needed food stamps and student loans to get through college. We were so poor before the age of 12 that we didn't even have a car.

My mom went back to school when I was in high school and she is now a paralegal.

Nobody in my family sucked off the government. We took what we needed and we did our best to move on with our lives and contribute to society.

I will not be made to feel ashamed that we needed that.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Chicago isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be.  There are places not to go and times not to go there.  Everyone that lives there knows these things.  For the most part, the gangs keep the killings among themselves.  It's obviously an issue for those that live in these areas as they are potential unintended victims, but for most people Chicago is completely safe from a murder perspective.

This is absolutely true, for the most part. Stray bullet killings do happen, but not often.

I feel very safe here...but I know where the dangerous areas are...

i love Chicago...and I'm a transplant.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

Right wingers desperately trying to validate their right wing talking points (Chicago). SAD!!!

Flagg is so partisan, even though he didn't vote for Trump, and even though Trump does one outrageously stupid thing after another, he feels he must bring up Obama. SAD!!!

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I know, I'm a fat beta male liar.

Flagg on left, Buzz on the right?

fortheladies.jpg

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

Right wingers desperately trying to validate their right wing talking points (Chicago). SAD!!!

Chicago is a fuckin juggernaut...don't bet against it...except in football

I always wondered why "conservatives" are always outraged by government spending but are always more than willing to spend money on killing people.

Hence the Feds coming in.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I appreciate the fiscal responsibility that Buzz has laid out before us.

Trump and Putin's meeting has gone over an hour.

ID couldn't even acknowledge the ACA was an entirely Democratic bill without a single Republican contribution.

161 Republican amendments were adopted into the ACA, lyin Randy.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Black Jesus is kinda a tautology.

He was middle eastern:

jesus_reconstruction.jpg?itok=S1LqXHGx

Just saying 5

Board footer