You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

I'm just shocked he released these emails. They do him no favors. I'll give him credit for transparency, but it doesn't alleviate him from what he's entering into. This is getting really bad.

What was illegal?  What did he do that the Clinton campaign didn't do with Ukraine and the piss dossier SLC loves?

I'm genuinely asking. What law was broken?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I'm just shocked he released these emails. They do him no favors. I'll give him credit for transparency, but it doesn't alleviate him from what he's entering into. This is getting really bad.

What was illegal?  What did he do that the Clinton campaign didn't do with Ukraine and the piss dossier SLC loves?

He didn't say it was illegal. That's why we have investigations. They could find he was soliciting dirt from Russia. But when you're intentionally going into a meeting with the intent of getting dirt, like stolen emails, it does not bode well.

Ethics violations, breaking your oath of office might not get you in jail, but it could get you impeached. This is another thing that goes behind the decision of stopping the FBI/Russia investigation.

Randall Flagg

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

He didn't say it was illegal. That's why we have investigations. They could find he was soliciting dirt from Russia. But when you're intentionally going into a meeting with the intent of getting dirt, like stolen emails, it does not bode well.

Ethics violations, breaking your oath of office might not get you in jail, but it could get you impeached. This is another thing that goes behind the decision of stopping the FBI/Russia investigation.

Is the President associated with this?  What leads you to believe this had anything to do with emails?  This meeting occurred before the leaks.  And nothing has been put out there that suggests Jr received anything or this woman had any connection to the hacks?  So I'll ask again, how is this any different than the DNC and Clinton's team meeting with the Ukrainian Ambassador to get dirt on Trump?

I know the answer is it isn't, and this is just more false alarms and howling at the wind.  You acknowledged nothing illegal has happened, so why the story?  It it because like I said earlier, none of you are interested in truth, least of all being consistent in your principals and applying them to yourselves and your own leaders.  You're interested in creating chaos, because you still haven't learned that yelling at the other side for doing exactly what you do, and offering no solutions to any of the problems that affect the majority, is why your party is at its weakest point in American history.

Please,  keep yelling about every story that comes out there.  It's doing wondrous things for credibility.

But thanks for acknowledging early on this time that there is no evidence and nothing illegal has occurred.  Now if we could just stop pretending every made up story is the end of the world, we'd be making real progress.  Small steps though.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Is the President associated with this?  What leads you to believe this had anything to do with emails?

Gee, I dunno. Maybe the fact this persons name begins with "Donald Trump".  Just a hunch.

I suppose if Michelle Obama or Chelsea met with Russians to discuss intel on the GOP it would've been a-ok.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

This meeting occurred before the leaks.  And nothing has been put out there that suggests Jr received anything or this woman had any connection to the hacks?

C'mon, it's called common sense. Secondly, give it a few more weeks, it'll come out.  You keep yelling out "There's nothing there", then, when a couple weeks later some more news comes out about it, you say "Oh please, there's nothing else there".  Then, a few more weeks later MORE news breaks, you say again "Oh please, there's nothing else there. Is that all you have?".  Its a never ending cycle with you.  I've said from the start it might take 1-2 years for all this to go down. It's not looking good right now, wouldn't surprise me if by New Years this whole things a huge mess.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Is the President associated with this?  What leads you to believe this had anything to do with emails?  This meeting occurred before the leaks.  And nothing has been put out there that suggests Jr received anything or this woman had any connection to the hacks?  So I'll ask again, how is this any different than the DNC and Clinton's team meeting with the Ukrainian Ambassador to get dirt on Trump?

I know the answer is it isn't, and this is just more false alarms and howling at the wind.  You acknowledged nothing illegal has happened, so why the story?  It it because like I said earlier, none of you are interested in truth, least of all being consistent in your principals and applying them to yourselves and your own leaders.  You're interested in creating chaos, because you still haven't learned that yelling at the other side for doing exactly what you do, and offering no solutions to any of the problems that affect the majority, is why your party is at its weakest point in American history.

Please,  keep yelling about every story that comes out there.  It's doing wondrous things for credibility.

But thanks for acknowledging early on this time that there is no evidence and nothing illegal has occurred.  Now if we could just stop pretending every made up story is the end of the world, we'd be making real progress.  Small steps though.

Try reading. We are saying things are being investigated, there might be something illegal, might not. We're not screaming anything definitive like you are. That's why we have investigations. As opposed to someone yelling...

THERE'S NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!! LIES!!!! DEMOCRATS ARE WEAK!!! YOUR PARTY IS DYING!!! NOTHING ILLEGAL!!!! SHOW ME THE DOCUMENTS, NO THE ACTUAL DOCUMENTS, BRING ME PUTIN FOR HIM TO TELL ME HIMSELF OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!! HILLARY!!!!!! IT'S LIES!!!! OBAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're bending over backwards trying to deflect and acting like a drama queen to protect Don some odd reason.

I'm sure Muller will find this interesting with his obstruction investigation... Trump's campaign not only lied about meeting with Russians, including this specific Russian, but one who they thought had dirt on Hillary. When you ask why Don would want to stop the investigation, this could come into play.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

The lead prosecutor from Watergate says it's a crime. Along with W's previous ethics lawyer. That's good enough for me. We'll have to see what the investigation concludes.

More "whataboutism." The two instances are nothing alike. Did you read that article? You're a one trick pony with this, sad!

And quit lying about the dossier, I've barely mentioned it...lyin' Randy.

Randall Flagg

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

This meeting occurred before the leaks.  And nothing has been put out there that suggests Jr received anything or this woman had any connection to the hacks?

C'mon, it's called common sense. Secondly, give it a few more weeks, it'll come out.  You keep yelling out "There's nothing there", then, when a couple weeks later some more news comes out about it, you say "Oh please, there's nothing else there".  Then, a few more weeks later MORE news breaks, you say again "Oh please, there's nothing else there. Is that all you have?".  Its a never ending cycle with you.  I've said from the start it might take 1-2 years for all this to go down. It's not looking good right now, wouldn't surprise me if by New Years this whole things a huge mess.

Come on dude, that is so not true.  Nothing you guys (I'm not really including you, since you didn't go head first into the conspiracy like others) have claimed has come to fruition.  Not a single claim.  You confuse me calling the idiots who come in here every day saying "THIS IS IT!" out and asking for evidence to support their claims, with saying "NOTHING WRONG/ILLEGAL HAS EVER HAPPENED OR WILL EVER HAPPEN".  Quite the opposite.  I just want evidence.  Not "gut feelings", rumors, speculation, or more commonly - a complete misreading of a news article (refer to SLC saying Bush's Ethics Lawyers said this is "tantamount to treason"). 

I've made it crystal clear I don't approve of the way Trump conducts himself.  I don't like that the Republicans are just as bad as the Democrats were in 2009.  Nothing is getting done.  And Trump embarrasses himself every day with something new.  None of that negates that the man hasn't done anything illegal, the "collusion" claims from the left and from members on this forum, were complete bunk and shot down.

And worse, in nearly every instance of some "wrong doing" by Trump or an associate, there is more evidence of the same crime directly to Clinton or someone in her campaign, and it's hand waived and excused.   Yes, Trump is the President.  None of that has anything to do with excusing possible illegal actions of the person that nearly everyone on this forum, to include me, voted for.  If you only scream when Trump or a Republican allegedly does something, but ignore and excuse when more evidence of illegal activity occurred among your own group, you don't have any credibility. 

I ask for actual evidence, you know, the kind of shit that actually holds up in a court of law and not just in the conspiracy wings of the internet.  When there's actual evidence, I'll look.  But so far all I've seen are a lot of people crying wolf or injecting conspiracy into completely benign actions, like Sessions meeting with the ambassador publicly in his office.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Flagg...if there's nothing illegal going on then why do they keep lying about it? Why do they keep trying to cover it up and divert attention? Why do they consistently minimize things and then completely humiliate themselves.

I really shouldn't be surprised...this is how they operate. The whole campaign was like this...slanderous, substance less garbage very skillfully aimed at one specific target after another.

This all amounts to:

Q: Did you have any contact with Russia?
A: No

Evidence comes to light.

Q: Did you have contact with Russia?
A: Well, yes...but it wasn't about the election or Hillary.

Evidence comes to light.

Q: Did you have contact with Russia?
A: Yes I did and here's an e-mail showing you that it was very much about the election and Hillary.

If this doesn't alarm you in the slightest...I don't know what will.

Randall Flagg

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

The lead prosecutor from Watergate says it's a crime. Along with W's previous ethics lawyer. That's good enough for me. We'll have to see what the investigation concludes.

More "whataboutism." The two instances are nothing alike. Did you read that article? You're a one trick pony with this, sad!

And quit lying about the dossier, I've barely mentioned it...lyin' Randy.

No, they didn't  Can you link the article where W's ethics lawyers called it a crime?  I asked you this yesterday, when you said they called it treason, and as predicted, you ignored it just as you'll ignore this because you either can't read or just enjoy lying.  But I'm glad people with no knowledge of what occured, talking on a 5 minute interview is all the evidence you need.  That explain why you posted that Loose Change video non-stop for 2 years.  Your standards of evidence are a lot lower and have nothing in common with an academic or legal setting.

Board footer