You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

James wrote:

It sounds like a Quake/Doom type game with no actual storyline. I imagine its fun(especially being Jason from part 2) as you kill campers but I'd also imagine the newness wears off fairly quickly.

johndivney wrote:

Seems to be picking up steam after a lukewarm reception from critics. Getting single player content now.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Seems to be picking up steam after a lukewarm reception from critics. Getting single player content now.

Oh really? Cool! I didn't get it yet cos it was multiplayer.

Basically I love gaming but I suck so I prefer to just do the single player campaigns as I'm not at all competitive against kids online!

johndivney wrote:

Xcom2.
I live and breath this dream. Literallly have dreams about it, during the day I'm like what tactical options should I use to get thru the vegetable isle.
Love it.
It's 2:16am and am still playing it,

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

Some things I'm excited about:

Super Mario Odyssey is coming October 27th

I gave up on Nintendo after the Wii but between this game and Zelda I'm very intrigued

South Park: Fractured But Whole is coming October 17th

I loved the first game and I hate turn based RPGs. Which is saying something.

Red Dead Redemption 2 trailer next Thursday, September 28th at 11am EST

My most anticipated game since Grand Theft Auto IV. I am very excited. Will buy a PS4 for this game.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Just beat Super Mario Odyssey. It is such an awesome game, a true sequel to Mario 64. I had a huge smile the whole way through.

Kudos to Nintendo, they are really knocking it out of the park with the Switch. Awesome machine.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I swore off Nintendo after the Wii but the Switch is very tempting with Zelda and Odyssey.

I'm gonna pick up a PS4 Pro next year before RDR2 comes out.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

I swore off Nintendo after the Wii but the Switch is very tempting with Zelda and Odyssey.

I'm gonna pick up a PS4 Pro next year before RDR2 comes out.

Yeah I was the same man. Wii and Wii U really disappointed me. Switch is killing it though. Some great indie titles on it too if you like retro games.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I got some catching up to do.
Evil Within 2 and Bloodborne are my next pick ups. Of course RD2.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Looking at getting COD and Assassins Creed in the next couple of months.

Both games I used to get then lost interest a few years ago but I like the look of the WW2 theme of COD and the Egyptian setting of AC looks interesting enough to pull me back in.

Board footer